News Mexican fine dining restaurant, Rosa Mexicano, coming to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin in early 2023

bhg469

Rick Bayless does Mexican fine dining at Topolobampo (and to some extent at Lena Brava) in Chicago. He runs Frontera Cocina in DS, but it's more basic Mexican fare.
Its basic mexican with a bright and shiny disney price! The old fashioned for two is nice though... especially if you aren't good at sharing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
It appears this should be opening soon, as the Rosa Mexicano Instagram account has shared that staff training has begun.

IMG_AC753C7C1C7C-1.jpeg

According to DFB, the restaurant is expected to open sometime this month.

"According to an email from the Swan and Dolphin, Rosa Mexicano is set to open in March 2023. No specific date has been set yet, but we’ll be on the lookout for more information. It’s replacing the former Fresh Mediterranean Market inside the Dolphin hotel, which recently closed to make way for the new dining location."

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It appears this should be opening soon, as the Rosa Mexicano Instagram account has shared that staff training has begun.

View attachment 703154

According to DFB, the restaurant is expected to open sometime this month.

"According to an email from the Swan and Dolphin, Rosa Mexicano is set to open in March 2023. No specific date has been set yet, but we’ll be on the lookout for more information. It’s replacing the former Fresh Mediterranean Market inside the Dolphin hotel, which recently closed to make way for the new dining location."

My condolences to anyone that had hoped to get good Mexican food and not mildly elevated Chilis.

UNCgolf

I don't understand why they're opening a chain restaurant period. Yes, it's an "elevated" chain, but they can't build something original?

Drdcm

I don't understand why they're opening a chain restaurant period. Yes, it's an "elevated" chain, but they can't build something original?
I think they probably have to go with someone that is already an established franchise. I would imagine the cost to operate there is pretty high, and a brand new restaurant would be too risky to afford the lease.

That being said. Four seasons hotels often have unique and interesting restaurants, so maybe they can swing it.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
That being said. Four seasons hotels often have unique and interesting restaurants, so maybe they can swing it.
The new Four Seasons here opened with new restaurant concepts from known local chefs so both were pretty safe bets. I like that they're not just the same thing in a new space, which I think is what you're getting at.

What anyway the idea of Mexican restaurants opening new outposts in WDW reminds me that I miss the original San Angel Inn in Mexico. It's probably been 20 years. 😑

UNCgolf

Do people really need the concept of leasing explained to them?

I mean... are you asking to have it explained to you? Because this comment in this context makes it sound like you don't understand how leasing works.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I think they probably have to go with someone that is already an established franchise. I would imagine the cost to operate there is pretty high, and a brand new restaurant would be too risky to afford the lease.

Yeah, this is really what I meant. There's almost no way some random local start-up could open a restaurant there, but someone that already operates successful restaurants could open a unique location there instead of just copying something that already exists in 10 other locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom