News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Big T 1963

To each their own however you look at this.... the lines will be back in late 2024 for curiosity sake right ? my question is will their be a Lighting Lane ? hmmmm

Bocabear

I am sure there will be a lightning lane, but 2024 seems way too soon..... it took 1year and 8 month for the Frozen re-do...this seems to be a larger change with more animatronics and show scenes... 2025 summer at the earliest I would think.

Ricky Spanish

So I just watched that “tiara water tower” clip.
To quote Charita Carter, “ Tiana is throwing a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras party”.

Can’t wait to see CMs tossing beads to the ladies:rolleyes::oops:🤔

1678896676529.jpeg

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I'm happy for any updates, even slight, as obviously Disney is keeping this ride very close to the chest.

As is well documented, many people take that to mean they are hiding a bad ride. I am still quite optimistic for this new ride and I also take the stance that it's a good change. I've loved Splash as it was, but I have no problem with the ride being redone with a more inclusive theme and modern design.

There's no changing minds, clearly, but I'm happy to jump in and remain optimistic. Also, will be happy to see the tower when I'm back in the fall.

Disstevefan1

I'm happy for any updates, even slight, as obviously Disney is keeping this ride very close to the chest.

As is well documented, many people take that to mean they are hiding a bad ride. I am still quite optimistic for this new ride and I also take the stance that it's a good change. I've loved Splash as it was, but I have no problem with the ride being redone with a more inclusive theme and modern design.

There's no changing minds, clearly, but I'm happy to jump in and remain optimistic. Also, will be happy to see the tower when I'm back in the
There were rumors that there may be around 48 animatronics in the new attraction, that's many more than I expected!

That said, we all must wait to see what we end up with after all the cost cuts are made.

WorldExplorer

I'm honestly not convinced that Disney is really afraid of the possibility of people not liking the retheme. Ignoring the fact that people gush over every ride Disney craps out nowadays regardless of whether or not it's good (the Ratatouille ride, Mickey's Runaway Railway, etc.), I recall there were a lot of people super-excited and immediately on board with the retheme from the second it was announced.

Even if they had gone with the original "remove most of the animatronics, Louis can't find his trumpet" storyline, chances are people online would've gushed over it anyway.

Yeah, I agree, I've seen the people already declaring the new ride better even before Splash was closed. I guess I just stick to that rumor because it makes logical sense, but...well, they closed Splash Mountain to make a Disney + ad.

GimpYancIent

So I just watched that “tiara water tower” clip.
To quote Charita Carter, “ Tiana is throwing a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras party”.

Can’t wait to see CMs tossing beads to the ladies:rolleyes::oops:🤔

View attachment 703961
Mardi Gras celebration you say! Hell yeah! That would be an excellent way to launch the ride. Oh, by the way, I do not know if you have ever been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but, the ladies are kind of expected to do something for the beads thrown at them.. Just saying. Not exactly Disney appropriate.

JohnD

Unless you're a regular church goer, most probably don't even know why Mardi Gras exists. It's just a party day for most, especially in New Orleans. Just look at Uni. They celebrate Mardi Gras every week from the actual Mardi Gras until Easter. Um, it doesn't work that way. It's "Fat Tuesday" where you eat pancakes and party before the holy observance of Ash Wednesday and Lent. But, oh well. It's a party. The water tower is related to the salt mine concept or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The voodoo from the movie is completely absent and it’s a celebration of one of Christendom’s holiest periods. The new RCID moves fast!
Mardi Gras is Christendom-adjacent.

It's a secular celebration that uses the imminent Lenten disciplines as an excuse to become inebriated. (Cf. New Years Eve and St. Patrick's Day.)

Some eclectic forms of Voodoo are more Christian than Mardi Gras.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom