News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magenta Panther

The big thing with this retheme is that no matter how many fancy animatronics it has, it's going to be glaringly obvious that it was once Splash Mountain. We're constantly going to think "Okay, this was where Brer Rabbit was, this was where Brer Fox and Brer Bear were..."

The other big thing is that, regardless as to how good or bad the retheme is, it's being done for the wrong reasons and created an incredible amount of fighting and online discord. In the end, we'll have to wonder if it was really worth it.

Plus the internet is forever, and therefore people will be able to see ride-through videos of Splash Mountain and see how much better it was than this lame remake.

Ricky Spanish

Mardi Gras celebration you say! Hell yeah! That would be an excellent way to launch the ride. Oh, by the way, I do not know if you have ever been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but, the ladies are kind of expected to do something for the beads thrown at them.. Just saying. Not exactly Disney appropriate.
Yes, I know the tradition 🤩😍🤪

Dunston

The CG animation they use really looked like the new mountain will not have as well-defined of a silhouette or "weenie" as Splash Mountain. Kind of like Seven Dwarfs, it's just a hill, not recognizable like Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, etc. Still, I'll reserve judgement until it's open because it's already gone through one concept art redesign.

Brian

Relevancy is being activated.
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 00.27.22.png

Lilofan

Mardi Gras celebration you say! Hell yeah! That would be an excellent way to launch the ride. Oh, by the way, I do not know if you have ever been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but, the ladies are kind of expected to do something for the beads thrown at them.. Just saying. Not exactly Disney appropriate.
That balcony view is prime at Mardi Gras. Throwing beads down below after giving kindly requests!

FettFan

The CG animation they use really looked like the new mountain will not have as well-defined of a silhouette or "weenie" as Splash Mountain. Kind of like Seven Dwarfs, it's just a hill, not recognizable like Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, etc. Still, I'll reserve judgement until it's open because it's already gone through one concept art redesign.

I always considered the drop itself to be the Weenie, with Brer Fox’s lair as just a frame to accentuate it.

They seem to be wanting the tower to be the Weenie, but someone decided that placing it cockeyed off to the side of the drop, and lower than the rest of the mountain, was a good idea.

Tha Realest

I always considered the drop itself to be the Weenie, with Brer Fox’s lair as just a frame to accentuate it.

They seem to be wanting the tower to be the Weenie, but someone decided that placing it cockeyed off to the side of the drop, and lower than the rest of the mountain, was a good idea.
Something was needed to collect all the water people have been carrying in support of these increasingly head-scratching design choices

jeanericuser001

Plus the internet is forever, and therefore people will be able to see ride-through videos of Splash Mountain and see how much better it was than this lame remake.
I wish that were true. The internet is forever but many sites are not forever and a lot of great ride videos are gone thanks to many sites going down which serves as a testament for why preservation is not infinite. Its merely a temporary way for some people to reminisce but the old videos never capture entirely the glory of the original ride. Just look at Journey into imagination or horizons videos.

Tha Realest

I wish that were true. The internet is forever but many sites are not forever and a lot of great ride videos are gone thanks to many sites going down which serves as a testament for why preservation is not infinite. Its merely a temporary way for some people to reminisce but the old videos never capture entirely the glory of the original ride. Just look at Journey into imagination or horizons videos.
Wait until TWDC starts filing DMCA complaints

cdunlap

How will they even make this work in Frontierland? Disneyland’s works because Splash is by New Orleans Square's Haunted Mansion, but there is no New Orleans Square at WDW.

FettFan

Wait until TWDC starts filing DMCA complaints

That’s an interesting Catch-22 for Mouse House.

Allegedly, SotS will enter the public domain in 2041…meaning that if someone wanted to build a new version of Splash Mountain using Disney’s version of those characters, they theoretically could.

So…would Disney dare fight and claim that it’s still their trademark, as they’re expected to do with Steamboat Willie? Or will they continue to ignore it?

Or will they continue to try to have their cake and eat it too? Schrodinger’s Song of the South

It’s also a strange reversal….George Lucas famously HATES the Star Wars Holiday Special, once claimed that he wanted to find and destroy every copy.

But when Disney got ahold of Star Wars…

Disstevefan1

How will they even make this work in Frontierland? Disneyland’s works because Splash is by New Orleans Square's Haunted Mansion, but there is no New Orleans Square at WDW.
This change has nothing to do with making anything “work”. They needed to erase Splash.

cdunlap

This change has nothing to do with making anything “work”. They needed to erase Splash.
Look at Disneyland! They have a PATF store already and they’re building a Tiana's Palace restaurant! I don’t know about you, but I sense that Pecos Bill's might be getting replaced by Tiana's Palace in the near future!

GimpYancIent

Since Tiana's story is strongly associated with food, though salt is an ingredient in food, what about something like Tabasco sauce and its growing / production or crawfish farming and use in multiple dishes rather than salt mining?

P.S. Maybe, Tabasco can be approached to see if they would be a sponsor?

cdunlap

Since Tiana's story is strongly associated with food, though salt is an ingredient in food, what about something like Tabasco sauce and its growing / production or crawfish farming and use in multiple dishes rather than salt mining?

P.S. Maybe, Tabasco can be approached to see if they would be a sponsor?
Makes more sense than mining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom