News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

Look at Disneyland! They have a PATF store already and they’re building a Tiana's Palace restaurant! I don’t know about you, but I sense that Pecos Bill's might be getting replaced by Tiana's Palace in the near future!
I wouldn't be surprised. It no longer matters if something fits or not.

I used to love Pecos taco salad with the taco shell bowl, I always got that. I haven't been there since they changed the food.

As time goes on, I have a list of things I loved that are gone at WDW.

SpectreJordan

That’s an interesting Catch-22 for Mouse House.

Allegedly, SotS will enter the public domain in 2041…meaning that if someone wanted to build a new version of Splash Mountain using Disney’s version of those characters, they theoretically could.

So…would Disney dare fight and claim that it’s still their trademark, as they’re expected to do with Steamboat Willie? Or will they continue to ignore it?

Or will they continue to try to have their cake and eat it too? Schrodinger’s Song of the South

It’s also a strange reversal….George Lucas famously HATES the Star Wars Holiday Special, once claimed that he wanted to find and destroy every copy.

But when Disney got ahold of Star Wars…
Disney would absolutely ignore. No major companies are gonna touch anything about SOTS with a 10 & a half foot pole, so it'd just be tiny parks attempting to do that.

As for Life Day, the holiday has become a fun joke amongst the Star Wars fanbase. There was stuff from the old Expanded Universe (under George) that referenced it too. So this is just Disney embracing the joke.

Touchdown

Splash occurring in another theme park? Highly unlikely, way to expensive to maintain. Zip being used in other company’s ads, much more likely. Catchy, promotes good feelings, childhood.

FettFan

So this is just Disney embracing the joke.

….well that explains the continued degradation of Star Tours.

star wars the rise of skywalker GIF by Mashable

#EmbraceTheJoke

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At any rate, that would be lazy storytelling, again Disney relying on the “but then something goes wrong” trope.
We've already had people complain that -- based on their baseless assumptions -- that there's not going to be any sort of rationale for going down the flume, e.g., Facilier coming back. They're complaining basically that 'nothing happens.' (Cf. Navi River Journey)

So, we have yet again an unpleasable fanbase that complains when 'something goes wrong' and 'nothing happens.'

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
JII and Horizons closed before YouTube and 4K, 60 FPS, 360 degree cameras became a thing. It will never recapture the feeling of being there, but rest assured, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the over abundance of footage disappearing.
Sooner than later our AI overlords will be able to take all existing video and photos from pre-YouTube rides and then stitch them together and up-res them into a photo-realistic 32K 120FPS 360degree virtual 3D experience.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
How will they even make this work in Frontierland? Disneyland’s works because Splash is by New Orleans Square's Haunted Mansion, but there is no New Orleans Square at WDW.
This has been discussed *a lot* in the other TBA threads. This is just the construction thread. If you go there, I'm sure you'll find people to recap how:
  • Splash never really fit to begin with, so, for the MK, it's a wash
  • the whole area from Liberty Square to BTMR was never coherently themed to begin with
  • and, as you guessed above, this mismatch can be mitigated somewhat with retheming Pecos Bill.

jeanericuser001

Well the good news is that we ar least have folks like RetroWDW/LBV Historical Society that painstakingly restore and enhance older ride footage.

Check out their enhanced ride through of Horizons.

I have seen that one but alas its a little on the dark side as are some of the other videos. There was one site I once went to that had some shockingly good video that some how seemed to be brighter than most of the videos I have seen thus far. Alas that site went down quite a few years ago and I have yet to find any video that matched it. That is why I use to prefer those sites to youtube as youtube is far quicker at taking down content than websites.

JII and Horizons closed before YouTube and 4K, 60 FPS, 360 degree cameras became a thing. It will never recapture the feeling of being there, but rest assured, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the over abundance of footage disappearing.

I thought that too but I have watched videos from vanish off the net for a long time and I can tell you it definitely happens. Its like looking at waldo and then looking away for a couple minutes then trying to find him again in a massive picture with things always changing. Alas splash mountain will likely fade into memory in time. DMCA take downs will certainly speed up that process.

JohnD

Wonder if statues of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear will end up in the Pet Cemetery like Mr. Toad.

Last edited by a moderator:

FettFan

We've already had people complain that -- based on their baseless assumptions -- that there's not going to be any sort of rationale for going down the flume, e.g., Facilier coming back. They're complaining basically that 'nothing happens.' (Cf. Navi River Journey)

So, we have yet again an unpleasable fanbase that complains when 'something goes wrong' and 'nothing happens.'

To quote the Buddha... “Woah”--- I mean um...
images

"The path of enlightenment is in the middle way. It is the line between all opposite extremes."

Bocabear

Since Tiana's story is strongly associated with food, though salt is an ingredient in food, what about something like Tabasco sauce and its growing / production or crawfish farming and use in multiple dishes rather than salt mining?

P.S. Maybe, Tabasco can be approached to see if they would be a sponsor?
That is starting to sound like an EPCOT ride on crawfish farming and tabasco production rather than a light hearted romp based on the Princess and the Frog... as it should be. I don't know why they have to make the storyline about any sort of corporation or food production company when none of that is suggested by the source material. They are putting all kinds of modern day ambitions on a girl that loved to cook and dreamed of having her own restaurant. I don't want to think about her running a company and co-op...or salt mining...or crawfish farming or hot sauce production... This is all so completely ridiculous. They need to go back to the source material and make it just about the characters as we know them from the film...a little mix of light and dark with a fun ending... Feels like the Design by committee went off on a crazy tangent.

Smiley/OCD

That is starting to sound like an EPCOT ride on crawfish farming and tabasco production rather than a light hearted romp based on the Princess and the Frog... as it should be. I don't know why they have to make the storyline about any sort of corporation or food production company when none of that is suggested by the source material. They are putting all kinds of modern day ambitions on a girl that loved to cook and dreamed of having her own restaurant. I don't want to think about her running a company and co-op...or salt mining...or crawfish farming or hot sauce production... This is all so completely ridiculous. They need to go back to the source material and make it just about the characters as we know them from the film...a little mix of light and dark with a fun ending... Feels like the Design by committee went off on a crazy tangent.
‘Cause they’re looking for a corporate sponsor…either Morton salt, McIlhenny (Tobasco), Publix, etc…

MrPromey

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom