News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

dmw

In the Parks
No
This is your chance to create DWMagic.com!!
LOL! I did give it a brief thought. We purchased season passes last year, and it was a blast participating in the discussions. There really is a need for a non-FB forum. But, we don't live close enough to visit regularly, and the only reason we bought season passes is that it was less expensive compared to daily tickets (especially since we received six free passes apiece), and we wanted to experience the four major seasons/festivals at Dollywood, same as we did in 2019 at WDW.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm excited to ride. I do wish it was better integrated into the land though. It feels too far away for the kinetic energy to really be impactful. This is all the more reason to eliminate the speedway and bring Tomorrowland and/or Fantasyland closer to TRON.
You mean this modern attraction next to the old go cart track (Tomorrowland speedway) doesn’t look right?

Centauri Space Station

How did cramped DL get SWGE and MMRR without replacing anything other than a goat while “blessing of size” WDW was unable to build anything new at DHS without replacing an existing attraction? What use is the blessing of size if you don’t use it? WDW is a poor man’s Ron Jeremy.
Not like Smugglers Run, Pandora, Ratatouille, or Tron replaced anything more than an empty lot. SWGE not losing anything except the best BBQ at the DLR for a land that doesn’t fit the park what so ever. Everything SWGE replaced at DHS were shells of themselves or time killers.

ToTBellHop

Not like Smugglers Run, Pandora, Ratatouille, or Tron replaced anything more than an empty lot. SWGE not losing anything except the best BBQ at the DLR for a land that doesn’t fit the park what so ever. Everything SWGE replaced at DHS were shells of themselves or time killers.
I feel like you’re purposely being obtuse. DHS needed a physical expansion, not replacements for existing attractions. If DL can get SWGE and MMRR as actual expansions, DHS should have kept an updated Backlot Tour and GMR with SWGE as an expansion into the parking lot and with MMRR off of Animation Courtyard. They completely fumbled on the DHS renovation. We see the impact now when the park is packed nuts-to-butts on a quiet September afternoon.

And I am not one to complain about Rat, TRON, or Pandora.

Centauri Space Station

I feel like you’re purposely being obtuse. DHS needed a physical expansion, not replacements for existing attractions. If DL can get SWGE and MMRR as actual expansions, DHS should have kept an updated Backlot Tour and GMR with SWGE as an expansion into the parking lot and with MMRR off of Animation Courtyard. They completely fumbled on the DHS renovation. We see the impact now when the park is packed nuts-to-butts on a quiet September afternoon.

And I am not one to complain about Rat, TRON, or Pandora.
No you are not wrong, especially about MMRR deserving it’s own new build. I think the backlot tour was dead since the filming aspect was killed though. After residential street was removed it became pointless. Cars road trip at WDSP shows just when you think it can’t be any worse, it does.

Hawg G

It is an exact replica of Singapore. With that said, the "Copy and Paste" tag is being used to discredit what many people consider to be an amazing attraction. Like I said, it is still a unique attraction unless you've been on the Singapore Tron ride, which is very few and far between. Thats my point.
Amazing attraction? It's a very simple layout Vekoma motorbike coaster. A design with very few installs anywhere. and this one is full of brakes.

The theme of being inside a computer is completely ruined for the majority of the ride. And there are hardly any TRON theming pieces. And the ride has two blink and you'll miss them video effects that really should have been redesigned for this version.

Yup, AMAZING!

Hawg G

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF
That's s low rent Flynn knockoff.

UNCgolf

Also got a shot of the new restrooms, no guests inside. View attachment 696285

Other than the lighting, that looks like the bathroom at an Interstate rest stop.

Will the lights change colors? I'd assume no, since that could potentially be a hazard, but it would definitely help make it feel distinct.

I actually don't really care about theming bathrooms, so it's not a big deal to me, but Disney has done some elaborately themed ones in the past.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I really appreciate you getting this picture as I was most excited about this part of the ride. Practically dancing and jumping up and down.

Actually, the pictures you post are all appreciated.
Haha, I know restrooms aren't too exciting but I always love cataloging the inside of everything that's new! No matter how underwhelming it may be lol.

I also have some short shaky-cam phone videos of the queue, but can't seem to upload them right now. Everything is a carbon copy from Shanghai though, aside from language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom