News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Casper Gutman

It is an exact replica of Singapore. With that said, the "Copy and Paste" tag is being used to discredit what many people consider to be an amazing attraction. Like I said, it is still a unique attraction unless you've been on the Singapore Tron ride, which is very few and far between. Thats my point.
It doesn’t seem like even the folks who’ve ridden it and enjoyed it consider it “amazing”…

Ayla

It’s not “unique and groundbreaking” for TOMORROWLAND, let alone for the world.
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

MagicHappens1971

It is an exact replica of Singapore. With that said, the "Copy and Paste" tag is being used to discredit what many people consider to be an amazing attraction. Like I said, it is still a unique attraction unless you've been on the Singapore Tron ride, which is very few and far between. Thats my point.
I would have to say that I’ve never heard anyone describe the Shanghai version as “amazing”. It’s a 90 second launch coaster. At the end of the day, it is a copy and paste attraction. Its extremely long construction timeline makes the “copy and paste” worse. If it had opened in a reasonable time, you would probably see less people complaining about it being “copy and paste”. They literally picked it up (rollercoaster tycoon style) and plopped it down in Tomorrowland .

WDWFREAK53

I may be mistaken but the "Copy and Paste" tag isn't really used to discredit the quality of the attraction but moreso how long it took the attraction to be completed.

It's a unique attraction for Walt Disney World. The theming is practically already done at Test Track.
Right down the road there is another motorcycle coaster that is longer, has multiple surprise elements, while not as fast...multiple launches, etc.

This will be a fun attraction. It's a nice addition to WDW (although it's placement next to Space Mountain is odd), will be beautiful at night, and will be a blast to ride.
Groundbreaking? I don't see that.

Tonto

It doesn’t seem like even the folks who’ve ridden it and enjoyed it consider it “amazing”…
Well we are all allowed our own opinion.

I have spoken to enough people and reviewed posting boards to see that enough people view the "whole" of this attraction to be amazing. I believe that not just the attraction itself but the canopy and the overall aesthetics to me are amazing!!! You are going to have to live with that opinion.

Tonto

I may be mistaken but the "Copy and Paste" tag isn't really used to discredit the quality of the attraction but moreso how long it took the attraction to be completed.

It's a unique attraction for Walt Disney World. The theming is practically already done at Test Track.
Right down the road there is another motorcycle coaster that is longer, has multiple surprise elements, while not as fast...multiple launches, etc.

This will be a fun attraction. It's a nice addition to WDW (although it's placement next to Space Mountain is odd), will be beautiful at night, and will be a blast to ride.
Yeah, I get that you may see it that way.

For me It's significantly different enough from Test Track, and unique from Hagrids to be considered ground breaking.
For others, you could literally build a floating rollercoaster 30,000' up in the sky and they would still complain.

For the general public that aren't necessarily Disney Fanatics they will be floored by this attraction.

I think most of the time on these boards we get caught up in an echo chamber of negativity.

Tonto

If you are on this board enough then you would be mistaken. The negativity justified, and unjustified is through the roof!
With that said, I'm just sharing my opinion. Its hardly fact.

Mr. Moderate

Well we are all allowed our own opinion.

I have spoken to enough people and reviewed posting boards to see that enough people view the "whole" of this attraction to be amazing. I believe that not just the attraction itself but the canopy and the overall aesthetics to me are amazing!!! You are going to have to live with that opinion.
I think quite possible you're letting your fan love for the parks cloud your judgement, as most us have at one point. For this ride to be as amazing with multiple exclamations marks as you put it, it should have been expanded into the Tomorrowland speedway with a much larger track layout and not a clone or cut and paste of an existing ride. For example Hagrid's ride in IOA is impressive and on a large, immersive scale that is well themed. If Disney would have pushed the boundaries of their imagination and budgets and made Tron a unique ride all to its own and longer than 90 seconds, I could agree with you here. I just don't see the enthusiasm here for a clone that looks like not a lot of afterthought went into it and was squeezed into a tight spot in Tomorrowland.

The extreme time frame and budget issues used to build this ride didn't help either.

Tonto

I think quite possible you're letting your fan love for the parks cloud your judgement, as most us have at one point. For this ride to be as amazing with multiple exclamations marks as you put it, it should have been expanded into the Tomorrowland speedway with a much larger track layout and not a clone or cut and paste of an existing ride. For example Hagrid's ride in IOA is impressive and on a large, immersive scale that is well themed. If Disney would have pushed the boundaries of their imagination and budgets and made Tron a unique ride all to its own and longer than 90 seconds, I could agree with you here. I just don't see the enthusiasm here for a clone that looks like not a lot of afterthought went into it and was squeezed into a tight spot in Tomorrowland.

The extreme time frame and budget issues used to build this ride didn't help either.
I honestly don’t want to go tit for tat with you, so I’ll just respect your opinion even though I disagree with a majority of them.

You would also be mistaken to discredit my thoughts as being fanboyism.

Be well.

RSoxNo1

I'm excited to ride. I do wish it was better integrated into the land though. It feels too far away for the kinetic energy to really be impactful. This is all the more reason to eliminate the speedway and bring Tomorrowland and/or Fantasyland closer to TRON.

Bocabear

I will say, the Shanghai version was fun...I would never deny that, and we went on it a bunch of times, because it was completely dead that evening...so I had a few times to be able to really absorb it. It is very pretty. The canopy is nice at night. The load is a little anxiety producing if you have never straddled a roller coaster before, and the speed at which they load...very brisk, but once you do it the first time, it is faster and easier. The interior once you are boarded is beautifully done... just like the last film. then the launch which is initially thrilling...and then you go outside.... which feels strange, completely takes you out of the story, and feels more like a shuttle to get you over to the show building. The lighting effects on the shanghai coaster that follow the train look great from the ground, but are not as perceptible to riders...and then you approach the show building and skid to a stop.... I have said all this before, this is a fun concept except for too many trim breaks, and the outdoor portion...which I think is really only for the pedestrians below... First ride felt like a wow...but I don't think I felt it was amazing...Fun... fast and over too soon...
But I am glad of us getting something new...and now hope they refurbish Space Mountain and add all the effects and audio it needs.... and it will still probably eclipse Tron.

CaptainAmerica

I think one can understand the point of a marketer's job while still claiming specifically that the powers that be, and their lack of reinvestment back into the most profitable theme park they have, made marketing's job a lot harder.
A ride that already exists in Shanghai and a ride that was designed and built from scratch is the exact same thing to 99.9999% of Magic Kingdom attendees on any given day.

Tonto

I will say, the Shanghai version was fun...I would never deny that, and we went on it a bunch of times, because it was completely dead that evening...so I had a few times to be able to really absorb it. It is very pretty. The canopy is nice at night. The load is a little anxiety producing if you have never straddled a roller coaster before, and the speed at which they load...very brisk, but once you do it the first time, it is faster and easier. The interior once you are boarded is beautifully done... just like the last film. then the launch which is initially thrilling...and then you go outside.... which feels strange, completely takes you out of the story, and feels more like a shuttle to get you over to the show building. The lighting effects on the shanghai coaster that follow the train look great from the ground, but are not as perceptible to riders...and then you approach the show building and skid to a stop.... I have said all this before, this is a fun concept except for too many trim breaks, and the outdoor portion...which I think is really only for the pedestrians below... First ride felt like a wow...but I don't think I felt it was amazing...Fun... fast and over too soon...
But I am glad of us getting something new...and now hope they refurbish Space Mountain and add all the effects and audio it needs.... and it will still probably eclipse Tron.
Here's hoping they don't scrap SM, not that I have any authority to say that; however Tron being so close to SM, and the fact that it needs a huge refurbish makes me nervous.

I'm not on the board too ofter. Have any insiders shared this concern?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom