plutofan15

Attachments

• DB3AE67B-6388-41B8-8B6C-B8E30F0D87BA.jpeg
    DB3AE67B-6388-41B8-8B6C-B8E30F0D87BA.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 63

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
It's been speculated that if they were thinking of expanding the New Orleans/Bayou theming past just the ride, it would look something similar to this:

The Purple area would be New Orleans, stretching from the train station to Pecos, and down to the adventureland bridge. Naturally, Pecos would be rethemed to Tiana's Palace. Golden Oak could be a great place for a grab and go beignet.

The Green area would be frontierland, including the coco/encanto expansion behind it. It's been stated by forum insiders that if that pad get used, they'd drain at least part of the Rivers of America, so a proper path connecting the two halves of Frontierland could be built there.

Seems like a lot of work to make a mini land with just one ride and two food options. If the suggestion wouldn't get me murdered, I'd sacrifice Country Bears to New Orleans as well, and give them the option for another attraction.
Nah, I think it should look more like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 7.58.21 PM.png

The purple area is New Orleans, and the yellow area is *new* Frontierland, which would serve as the final version of the "beyond Big Thunder Mountain" project. However, in the plan I made, the current version of the Big Thunder Mountain ride would be demolished and replaced with something else, while a new version of said ride would be built in the *new* Frontierland area.

Another option is to have the current Frontierland be turned into a New Orleans/Wild West area called "Cajun Gulch".

999th Happy Haunt

Nah, I think it should look more like this:

View attachment 694669

The purple area is New Orleans, and the yellow area is *new* Frontierland, which would serve as the final version of the "beyond Big Thunder Mountain" project. However, in the plan I made, the current version of the Big Thunder Mountain ride would be demolished and replaced with something else, while a new version of said ride would be built in the *new* Frontierland area.

Another option is to have the current Frontierland be turned into a New Orleans/Wild West area called "Cajun Gulch".
Hm, looking at this I wonder if they could put a path around the river side of Mansion, could be an interesting transition into a Villains land.

999th Happy Haunt

And the time period is 20 years after the turn of the century in the 1920s, with its trolly cars and automobiles. Closer to post Main Street USA. Not exactly Pioneer tongued wagons.
None of the lands in Magic Kingdom are set within a specific time or place, besides maybe Tomorrowland which is still left very ambiguous. Main Street and Liberty Square transition through time as you move through them with buildings inspired by a variety of places, and Adventureland and Fantasyland are both hodgepodges of different locales and time periods. Even Frontierland has been largely inconsistent with it’s sense of time and place, but of course it didn’t matter because the land still looked great. I agree that TBA will likely be one of the biggest stretches thematically for any land in MK, but as long as it somewhat blends in with it’s surroundings everything will be fine.

celluloid

None of the lands in Magic Kingdom are set within a specific time or place, besides maybe Tomorrowland which is still left very ambiguous.
You have it a bit backwards. Tomorrowland is the least time stamped as.itnis the future that never was and always will be. While it is all inspiration romanticized: Main Street USA is directly 1890-1910. The streets buildings and many other decor showcase this. The crossroads of America changing where horse buggy and early motor vehicles shared roads.
While other span through time and mingle atmospheres, the 1920s and 1930s are not anything on the Frontier plaque except the riverboat, which was the only thing in Princess and The Frog.

They are placing a storyline of something Post WW1 and the start of The Walt Disney Company in Frontierland. It's more than a stretch. It is anachronism.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You have it a bit backwards. Tomorrowland is the least time stamped as.itnis the future that never was and always will be. While it is all inspiration romanticized: Main Street USA is directly 1890-1910. The streets buildings and many other decor showcase this. The crossroads of America changing where horse buggy and early motor vehicles shared roads.
While other span through time and mingle atmospheres, the 1920s and 1930s are not anything on the Frontier plaque except the riverboat, which was the only thing in Princess and The Frog.

They are placing a storyline of something Post WW1 and the start of The Walt Disney Company in Frontierland. It's more than a stretch. It is anachronism.
Songs from the 1950's are being sung in CBJ.

Chronologically and geographically, the Liberty/Frontier area has been a mess in MK for a long time.

This is why all the armchair imagineering is coming out for the land to fix this. TBA, by itself, is not the cause of a thematic mess that already existed, but, if the area is rethemed along with the ride (like it will be in DL), it's a chance to fix it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom