News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

dmw

In the Parks
No
It's been speculated that if they were thinking of expanding the New Orleans/Bayou theming past just the ride, it would look something similar to this:

The Purple area would be New Orleans, stretching from the train station to Pecos, and down to the adventureland bridge. Naturally, Pecos would be rethemed to Tiana's Palace. Golden Oak could be a great place for a grab and go beignet.

The Green area would be frontierland, including the coco/encanto expansion behind it. It's been stated by forum insiders that if that pad get used, they'd drain at least part of the Rivers of America, so a proper path connecting the two halves of Frontierland could be built there.

Seems like a lot of work to make a mini land with just one ride and two food options. If the suggestion wouldn't get me murdered, I'd sacrifice Country Bears to New Orleans as well, and give them the option for another attraction.
I think an update for the Bears would be rather simple to align with New Orleans Square (NOS). TSI could fit into NOS. The Frontierland arcade could also be easily updated. So, just move Frontierland to the entrance of BTMRR and then continue the walkway for the expansion in green, as you noted. It could work...

Stupido

I think an update for the Bears would be rather simple to align with New Orleans Square (NOS). TSI could fit into NOS. The Frontierland arcade could also be easily updated. So, just move Frontierland to the entrance of BTMRR and then continue the walkway for the expansion in green, as you noted. It could work...

There would be something real magical about the Parades starting in New Orleans!

doctornick

It's been speculated that if they were thinking of expanding the New Orleans/Bayou theming past just the ride, it would look something similar to this:

The Purple area would be New Orleans, stretching from the train station to Pecos, and down to the adventureland bridge. Naturally, Pecos would be rethemed to Tiana's Palace. Golden Oak could be a great place for a grab and go beignet.

The Green area would be frontierland, including the coco/encanto expansion behind it. It's been stated by forum insiders that if that pad get used, they'd drain at least part of the Rivers of America, so a proper path connecting the two halves of Frontierland could be built there.

Seems like a lot of work to make a mini land with just one ride and two food options. If the suggestion wouldn't get me murdered, I'd sacrifice Country Bears to New Orleans as well, and give them the option for another attraction.

Personally, I would hope that none of that is true as it would all be a waste of time and money.

Frontierland is fine as is and there's no reason to retheme it. Yes, it is silly that Splash is in the middle of the land separating BTMRR from the rest, but the key to dealing with that is to lean into how Splash is actually a bit behind (to the west) of the rest of the land. If they want to make a New Orleans area, start at the current Splash gift shop and restrooms (which are outside the berm beyond the MKRR) and work up/north. There is already some space in that area that is set aside as expansion pad (it's small) that can be a Tiana restaurant, then continue the pathway north over the canal as far as you want.

Also, if Coco/Encanto come to pass, they will not be part of Frontierland. they are supposed to be a new/different land beyond the edge of Frontierland.

Ayla

Don't see why they would be blocked off. They're sufficiently out of the way of the attraction.
Because they'll eventually be re-themed or integrated into something else, depending on what exactly they do with that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom