News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

EPCOT-O.G.

The discovery river thing in DAK would like to have a word too?

As far as where this is going? Listen…there is no BS that they are in pre-recession mode for rooms. Bookings are way down…in line with every economic indicator on earth…

So I don’t know what you do with bad concept that was completely miscast/mispriced from the start? And it has zero adaptability…you can’t build dvc on top for this like DI…

They’ll blame chapek…for sure…but the new/old emperor is a tad of a fool right now
Yeah, they didn’t really leave themselves with much leeway for future adaptability.

I don’t know how much this cost to build, but the daily operations have to be off the charts (in terms of performers and food services and the like). And at some point there is only so much cutting of that (like reducing down to one showing) where the whole thing starts to fall apart (given the overlapping and integrated stories and plot lines) and really not meeting the high standards guests would expect for the costs involved.

I also don’t think this makes much sense as an infrequently run thing, again, given the talent it requires.

I doubt this makes it much into 2024.

celluloid

It will be altered into a Deluxe Star Wars Themed Resort without as much guided interactivity or theatrics by 2024.

All The Star Wars Demand will be there to give the fans the same aesthetic, and it will operate as a Star Wars themed lodging with still a likely shuttle directly to Hollywood Studios and busses out front to the other parks. It will be priced not too far from other Deluxe. Much less staffing and food and beverage for purchase, not included will make it much more profitable than the current attempt.

Vegas Disney Fan

It will be altered into a Deluxe Star Wars Themed Resort without as much guided interactivity or theatrics by 2024.

All The Star Wars Demand will be there to give the fans the same aesthetic, and it will operate as a Star Wars themed lodging with still a likely shuttle directly to Hollywood Studios and busses out front to the other parks. It will be priced not too far from other Deluxe. Much less staffing and food and beverage for purchase, not included will make it much more profitable than the current attempt.

Of all the things that need to be “fixed” at the parks the Starcruiser is probably one of the easiest, and that assuming it even needs to be fixed, it’s likely still profitable at 1 cruise a week.

UNCgolf

They'll have to at least build a parking lot somewhere if they do that.

I really don't see it. They'd be better off tearing it down and building something new from scratch than trying to retrofit it that into a standard hotel with all the necessary changes.

celluloid

They'll have to at least build a parking lot somewhere if they do that.

I really don't see it. They'd be better off tearing it down and building something new from scratch than trying to retrofit it that into a standard hotel with all the necessary changes.
Hollywood studios. Bus over. 100 rooms of parking won't take up that much space. Not everyone will have a car either. They use a facility that is themed enough and is Star Wars enough. Consolidate employment and the place has food and beverage sales and a liquor license. It won't be torn down.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, they didn’t really leave themselves with much leeway for future adaptability.

I don’t know how much this cost to build, but the daily operations have to be off the charts (in terms of performers and food services and the like). And at some point there is only so much cutting of that (like reducing down to one showing) where the whole thing starts to fall apart (given the overlapping and integrated stories and plot lines) and really not meeting the high standards guests would expect for the costs involved.

I also don’t think this makes much sense as an infrequently run thing, again, given the talent it requires.

I doubt this makes it much into 2024.
Well it has problems on so many layers of this onion.

But they’re not gonna read it right…or won’t admit it.

Are they collecting data on this? I noticed again that the ONLY place with survey was Disney springs. What do the cowards not want to know about P&R???

I’d settle if they knew and just lied to us. That means they’re just arrogant - not in denial

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This makes zero sense as a standard hotel and the entertainment is a dead man walking…

They have one lever to pull. But that STUPID land is standing in the way

All on Bob. Built a land on a bland reboot and didn’t bother to understand the phenomenon is when the chapters AFTER are better. Like every blockbuster trilogy in history with limited variance

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even for those who are fans and can afford it the price is hard to justify, we just booked a seven night Norwegian Fjords cruise on DCL that was only a couple thousand more than 3 days on the StarCruiser would be.

7 nights cruising world heritage sites in Norway for $7k or 3 days of Star Wars for $5k? It was an easy choice for us. Unless you have a ton of disposable income and can do it all, or you are just a Star Wars super fan, it’s a tough sell.
And you even got screwed there on dcl…

Anthem out of Southampton, ace…
Same ports (or better), better ship, Better food (by a lot)…half the price

UNCgolf

Hollywood studios. Bus over. 100 rooms of parking won't take up that much space. Not everyone will have a car either. They use a facility that is themed enough and is Star Wars enough. Consolidate employment and the place has food and beverage sales and a liquor license. It won't be torn down.

I would bet a lot of money they'll never use it as a standard hotel.

celluloid

This is a bizarre response.

You're throwing out a wild idea that makes almost no sense from an operational or economic standpoint and then I guess you're angry that people are pointing that out?
What am I supposed to say to you quoting me that you would bet a lot of money that it will not happen? I explained the basic operational changes that would occur.

Where have I shown any evidence to make you claim I am angry?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I guess it’s possible but they’d have to take $4000 a cabin for 2 days down to about $3000 for the week to even get nibbles.

They built this thing with nothing. Doesn’t even look cool…no amenities that put it above all star…
It’s just got cool looking rooms with an IPad.

They convinced themselves the show was the draw…so didn’t build much of a hotel…but then had no show.

It’s really a debacle. Which - unfortunately I was right on my first instinct (that is annoyingly happening a lot) -
They don’t get Star Wars fans at all…because they didn’t bother to try.
So they plowed forward and didn’t try to get them.
This is for Disney Hardos that are personally gratified at throwing money at Disney. That population is tremendously overestimated by diehard fans and bloggers. There aren’t that many wealthy who want to be ripped off. What a false narrative.
So that ran out - more or less - already.

So then you have the Star Wars old guard…because frankly only boom grandparents or X parents have the money for this - statistically…
Well those peeps were run over by George 20 years ago and Disney the last 5. They were given piles of disjointed crap and consistently belittled/insulted if they didn’t embrace and buy. LFL…both times.
It’s a large, unsaid score to settle that is always dismissed as “5 angry dudes at comic con”

That’s the Disney fan talking. I’ll give a litmus test…read through the good reviews for this from last year…and it’s only been a pathetic 9 months…and look at the word choice…
It’s full of “immersion” and “experience” and “interaction”

Those are Disney terms kids…repeated to make default…those are NOT Star Wars fans.

This is the biggest disaster in Orlando…i don’t see how you spin this/rebound given the factors at play.

Time for bourbon 🥃

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a bizarre response.

You're throwing out a wild idea that makes almost no sense from an operational or economic standpoint and then I guess you're angry that people are pointing that out?

What am I supposed to say to you quoting me that you would bet a lot of money that it will not happen? I explained the basic operational changes that would occur.

Where have I shown any evidence to make you claim I am angry?
I think heel is right here, cell…

And I don’t discard what you say…ever…but there is no “conversion” on this one. It would have to be ripped apart, expanded, and add a lot of draw to be a regular hotel. They fired their Star Wars shot here and missed.

celluloid

I think heel is right here, cell…

And I don’t discard what you say…ever…but there is no “conversion” on this one. It would have to be ripped apart, expanded, and add a lot of draw to be a regular hotel. They fired their Star Wars shot here and missed.
I appreciate that and don't disagree. I should clarify I don't think it will be necessarily successful nor is is it a great idea, but as evident with this thing in the first place, does not stop them for trying.

The guy who put rentable cabanas in Tomorrowland is back, and that happens to be the guy who approved this thing in the first place, so you know same leadership is likely to try a tab version of the already diet watered down treat that is already happening before it gets a mercy killing.

kingdead

The problem is that the rooms are good only when they're paired with the experience--you're supposed to stay in them for as short a time as possible because otherwise you're missing out on the storyline. Without that, you have time to notice poor ventilation and soundproofing, hard mattresses, lack of space, and all the other little or not so little annoyances. I've read plenty of glowing reviews of this thing but not one has mentioned the plush accommodations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom