The Mandalorian

Professortango1

Mando appears in the last three episodes, with the first two of the 3 being completely about Mando and no Boba. I would suggest watching them as very important stuff did happen. It's great because even if you couldn't get into Boba's show, you can still watch the last 3 episodes as the Mandalorian completely takes over.
All that people need to know is that the ending of Season 2 was completely reversed and Grogu is still with Mando.

I mean, Season 2 was certainly worse than the first season, but to completely undo it between seasons is weird.

DKampy

Yeah…we don’t want to go there

But PT was in a different time. And I argue PT is only being judged less harshly now because the Disney crap was so atrociously tone deaf and bad…
It correlates on the timeline pretty linear.

History will be written the way it will be written.
Until then
The PT is looked at less harshly because the kids that watched that grew up and for a lot of them that is their Star Wars

my least favorite movie is The Rise of Skywalker…I told my brother that he says it’s my nephews favorite…he has showed them all the other Star Wars movies and their favs is still the ST….with their fav characters being Rey and Kyle Ren…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The PT is looked at less harshly because the kids that watched that grew up and for a lot of them that is their Star Wars

my least favorite movie is The Rise of Skywalker…I told my brother that he says it’s my nephews favorite…he has showed them all the other Star Wars movies and their favs is still the ST….with their fav characters being Rey and Kyle Ren…
Star Wars really created “loads of stuff for kids”…it still was pretty prevalent during the prequels which was at the start of the digital age…

Let’s see how it plays. No need to listen to me on this.

Professortango1

I'm an adult and Kylo Ren is one of my favourite characters, despite the third film..

Phroobar

It's always the Star Wars that you grew up with. Someday there will be kids that look back at Mando, The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi with fondness. That poor child.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's always the Star Wars that you grew up with. Someday there will be kids that look back at Mando, The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi with fondness. That poor child.
Probably…

But from a financial standpoint…it’s diminishing returns…

Wonder what George did with that $4,000,000,000 🤔

Wendy Pleakley

All that people need to know is that the ending of Season 2 was completely reversed and Grogu is still with Mando.

I mean, Season 2 was certainly worse than the first season, but to completely undo it between seasons is weird.

I wonder if their original plan was to take Grogu out of the picture for a bit and focus on a different story for the titular character, only to kind of be forced due to Grogu's breakout popularity.

The eventual reunion could have been a big payoff but it ended up just being they spent no onscreen time apart at all. The whole storyline of protecting Grogu and getting him where he needed to be was just dismissed immediately.

Professortango1

I wonder if their original plan was to take Grogu out of the picture for a bit and focus on a different story for the titular character, only to kind of be forced due to Grogu's breakout popularity.

The eventual reunion could have been a big payoff but it ended up just being they spent no onscreen time apart at all. The whole storyline of protecting Grogu and getting him where he needed to be was just dismissed immediately.
Yeah, it was really disappointing. I knew he'd come back, but I was really excited about Mando doing something else for at least half a season. To immediately have Grogu leave Luke and go back to Mando made the 2nd season feel even more unnecessary than it already did. And then to have the reunion in an episode of another character's show is even stranger. I absolutely loved the first season and Andor was my favourite Star Wars thing to date. I'd love to be surprised by season 3, but after Season 2 and Boba Fett, I'm not too optimistic.

DKampy

That’s my feeling… is they might have been planning a Grogu Mando reunion for the season 3 finale… but change their mind…would not be surprised if it was Disney mandate…. Gotta sell that baby Yoda merch

Phroobar

That’s my feeling… is they might have been planning a Grogu Mando reunion for the season 3 finale… but change their mind…would not be surprised if it was Disney mandate…. Gotta sell that baby Yoda merch
Judging by the amount of baby Yoda stuff sitting in Walmart and Target, Grogu has been seriously played out.

DKampy

Yeah, it was really disappointing. I knew he'd come back, but I was really excited about Mando doing something else for at least half a season. To immediately have Grogu leave Luke and go back to Mando made the 2nd season feel even more unnecessary than it already did. And then to have the reunion in an episode of another character's show is even stranger. I absolutely loved the first season and Andor was my favourite Star Wars thing to date. I'd love to be surprised by season 3, but after Season 2 and Boba Fett, I'm not too optimistic.
I do like the character of Kylo…I thought it interesting having a villain not always having control of his emotions… I actually like the Last Jedi more than most Star Wars fans…it was a different perspective for a Star Wars movie… but then again I am a Rian Johnson fan… if you wanted the person to follow the Star Wars playbook… then he was the wrong person for the job… but the og films and characters will always be my favorite, cause they were the reason I fell in love with Star Wars

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bringing Grogu back pluses:

1. By visiting Luke's academy, it helps cement the timeframe of The Mandalorian in the minds of more casual fans. Once they see what Luke is up to, they can place the series in the bigger timeline.

2. Grogu levels up!! He completed the sidequest and gained 1,000,000 Mido Points. Now he'll be less of a toddler.

3. Grogu's story isn't really over... who's his parents? Where's his family and planet?

4. Hungry, hungry fan service.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

1. By visiting Luke's academy, it helps cement the timeframe of The Mandalorian in the minds of more casual fans. Once they see what Luke is up to, they can place the series in the bigger timeline.

2. Grogu levels up!! He completed the sidequest and gained 1,000,000 Mido Points. Now he'll be less of a toddler.

3. Grogu's story isn't really over... who's his parents? Where's his family and planet?

5. Grogu hasn't talked yet, still need to have the big reveal where he calls Mando "Daddy".

G00fyDad

I've wondered if they will ever tell this information ever since I saw Yaddle in the awful PT. Lucas has said himself that he never even bothered to come up with a backstory to a character that he did not feel would be as popular as Yoda became.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How much licensed product sales has all of Disney IP generated?

Current generations aren't collectors like the older generations.
With the ease of online shopping and international connectivity…are you sure?

My Star Wars collection used to be based on what Kmart randomly had on the shelf that day…or Six months…because the truck didn’t come that often.

Things have changed to a degree…but if you think they didnt by LFL to sell Star Wars product…whew…then it’s gonna be a long day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom