The Mandalorian

erasure fan1

Imagine if Baby Yoda was leaked... people would be howling about how "surely Disney wouldn't" disrespect Yoda with a Muppet Babies version of him!!!!
Oh I have no doubt. I would have been one of them. If you ran baby yoda past me before the show came out, I would have said, you're crazy, that's a really dumb idea. But it goes to show you what star wars can be in capable hands. Baby yoda is proof in my eyes that you can sill have those feeling for star wars that you got from watching the originals for the first time.

And yes, no one can say Rian isn't making star wars movies. Of course no one can say he is either. The only person I've heard say he's still doing them, is him. And we all know he likes being a troll, especially with people who didn't agree with last jedi.

With the absolute trainwreck that is cinematic star wars at the moment. I see no way they move forward with Rian. Unfortunately Disney has really put themselves into a bad position by having no clear direction for where the series will go from a film standpoint. And Rian in not the answer in my opinion.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Given its popularity, it’s no surprise that Lucasfilm and Disney would want more of the show – but that really makes it no less exciting to hear directly from creator Jon Favreau that The Mandalorian Season 4 is in the works months before the release of Season 3."

"With television, we're very lucky that we don't have to rush things through into an hour-and-a-half, two hours. We get to tell stories slowly. So now, as Dave [Filoni]'s doing Ahsoka, it's very much informing the writing that I'm doing for [The Mandalorian] Season 4. It becomes – how should I put it – more precise."

doctornick

I hope they nail Season 3 so that the 4th season is well anticipated. That's the timeframe where the exciting from a great new season 1 can wear off (especially with the Mando episodes in BoBF which kinda functioned as Season 2.5).

Indy_UK

Slightly worried about season 3 and because of Cara Dune getting cut, they may have had to change a fair bit of it.

I still can’t help but think the 2 awesome episodes with Mando from TBoBF were meant for Season 3

Professortango1

Season 3 of The Mandalorian premieres March 1st -

Its sad. After Season 1 I was pumped for Season 2. But after Season 2 and Book of Boba, I have kind of moved on. And this if from a fan who LOVED Andor. I hope Season 2 was a fluke. Given how quickly they undid the finale between seasons, I just kind of anticipate more of the same.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its sad. After Season 1 I was pumped for Season 2. But after Season 2 and Book of Boba, I have kind of moved on. And this if from a fan who LOVED Andor. I hope Season 2 was a fluke. Given how quickly they undid the finale between seasons, I just kind of anticipate more of the same.
The boba fett thing was handled terribly…

I’ll blame chapek because it’s en vogue

Screamface

The boba fett thing was handled terribly…
I would love to know what went on with that. I've read things that RR was very lazy on set and it was more just hanging out.

It definitely felt like a series where I can imagine RR with his often loose, on the fly type of film making was expected to cover for not fully finished and then that just never happened.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would love to know what went on with that. I've read things that RR was very lazy on set and it was more just hanging out.

It definitely felt like a series where I can imagine RR with his often loose, on the fly type of film making was expected to cover for not fully finished and then that just never happened.
I don’t think they had a story/series…pretty simple.

Not the first time either

erasure fan1

I would love to know what went on with that.
Of course I really have no clue. But it sure looked like they took a story beat from mado season 3. Cut it from that and then made it into it's own mini series to feed the D+ beast. That's why it felt like mando season 2 and a half. I mean boba Fett wasn't in 1/3 of his own show.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course I really have no clue. But it sure looked like they took a story beat from mado season 3. Cut it from that and then made it into it's own mini series to feed the D+ beast. That's why it felt like mando season 2 and a half. I mean boba Fett wasn't in 1/3 of his own show.
The fast forward mishandling of the entire Jedi population in that show for nothing is one of those head scratching weirdo Disney blips

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom