News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why not ALL of that? Why does it have to be an "either/or" and usually a "nothing at all" for Disney?
Doing all of that is exactly what parks that intend to stay relevant/profit should be doing every 10 years.

Stagnation is the Death of parks historically

Especially if you’re gonna charge the most and claim you are elite and can’t be touched

Studios, Epcot and dak will need significant upgrades now…stating with a “B”…

And that was the deal no matter what’s going on on wall street an how many bad CEOs you fire

Jrb1979

Doing all of that is exactly what parks that intend to stay relevant/profit should be doing every year.

Stagnation is the Death of parks historically

Especially if you’re gonna charge the most and claim you are elite and can’t be touch

Studios, Epcot and dak will need significant upgrades now…stating with a “B”…

And that was the deal no matter what’s going on on wall street an how many bad CEOs you fire
I was told by many here that adding new attractions isn't the answer as that would draw more crowds. 🙄

UNCgolf

Planet watch was cool as it was, but neutering it and stealing the animation experience from DHS was a silly move. It could never be a huge eater of people due to the (in)frequency of train rides and the medical facilities on site.

Now I wish they would turn that train into a loop and then could build a big new land and train stop in the expansion space next to it. That would be a major help to capacity and also (IMO) drive more traffic to RPW.

While the animation experience definitely makes far more sense at DHS, basing it around drawing animal characters only at Planet Watch wasn't a terrible idea, and we had fun up there. I really like Planet Watch as a relatively quiet place to get away, but it'd be nice if there were a few more animals or some other activity there.

I don't think they can build an expansion and rely on the train to get people there, though. The train just doesn't have enough capacity to function as necessary transport. They'd need a walking path to get there.

pdude81

While the animation experience definitely makes far more sense at DHS, basing it around drawing animal characters only at Planet Watch wasn't a terrible idea, and we had fun up there. I really like Planet Watch as a relatively quiet place to get away, but it'd be nice if there were a few more animals or some other activity there.

I don't think they can build an expansion and rely on the train to get people there, though. The train just doesn't have enough capacity to function as necessary transport. They'd need a walking path to get there.
The train as designed is just a shuttle back and forth, so that's kind of a waste. They'd have to turn it into a loop and change the cars to accommodate more folks. Perhaps even something more like the Hogwarts Express with screen windows that could double as an attraction on it's own. And there would most definitely need to be a walking path between any new land and the rest of the park for safety as well as reasonable traffic flow. I was just hoping for this building to get back to being more of what it was in the first place.

I wouldn't mind it if they kept the animation there as long as we can get something else going in DHS. We need more small-scale things to do over there.

MadderAdder

The train as designed is just a shuttle back and forth, so that's kind of a waste. They'd have to turn it into a loop and change the cars to accommodate more folks. Perhaps even something more like the Hogwarts Express with screen windows that could double as an attraction on it's own. And there would most definitely need to be a walking path between any new land and the rest of the park for safety as well as reasonable traffic flow. I was just hoping for this building to get back to being more of what it was in the first place.

I wouldn't mind it if they kept the animation there as long as we can get something else going in DHS. We need more small-scale things to do over there.
Drawing classes could be in each park and would fit fine, changing tutorials based on the park/IP. 🤷‍♂️ but not gonna happen…

yensidtlaw1969

I was told by many here that adding new attractions isn't the answer as that would draw more crowds. 🙄
No, the issue is adding attractions inappropriately - adding low-capacity E-Tickets to an already-crowded park increases guest demand for the park but does nothing to improve the park's ability to meet that demand.

Most of the parks in Walt Disney World need more solid D and C tickets that can actually handle a healthy amount of guests. We don't need 60-second headliners whose hourly throughput can fit in a matchbox.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, the issue is adding attractions inappropriately - adding low-capacity E-Tickets to an already-crowded park increases guest demand for the park but does nothing to improve the park's ability to meet that demand.

Most of the parks in Walt Disney World need more solid D and C tickets that can actually handle a healthy amount of guests. We don't need 60-second headliners whose hourly throughput can fit in a matchbox.
Indeed…

But that plan requires quiet, efficient construction with ZERO fanfare…and staffing.

Bob can’t do that…no pub.

Anyone remember the wdw commercials from the late 80’s/early 90’s? When it was all we got without a phone attached to our fingers?

Well the narrator would say “new this year” and then list 2,3+ things to convince mom and dad to go to the travel agent and book the trip where they got the itinerary on the dot matrix…

I miss that. So does the rest of the public…they just don’t know it.

UNCgolf

Building more E tickets would be fine if they were along the lines of Spaceship Earth -- i.e. long attractions with very high capacity.

MrPromey

This plus creating a night show and doing something more compelling with Planet Watch would go a long way toward making AK feel more robust.
And this is one of the annoying things.

They have the carcasses of once-complete attractions and attraction buildings laying around all over the parks they could utilize for capacity-eating stuff.

These aren't things that need half-billion dollar budgets.

Individually, they wouldn't be E-tickets to draw huge demand but if they absolutely had to market them*, being able to show off a half dozen or more "new" smaller things in a "best of 100th anniversary" kind of commercial would seem to hold some value.

*Something they should not be doing right now with things the way they are but I'm being realistic and assuming they wouldn't be able to help themselves.

MrPromey

You know where else this animation experience would work? In the downstairs ghost town of the Imagination pavilion.

I'm on a JIYI kick, today, apparently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom