News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Rickcat96

Yep, Chapek was the CEO, not some helpless victim and we have examples where he made decisions that would not have happened under Iger. My favorite is when he decided to strip decision making any from the various department heads and instead give that to an accountant pawn.

Sure, but if we are going to follow that logic, how far back do we go? Do we blame Eisner because due to his later incompetence we ended up with Iger? Do we blame Ovitz because it led to Eisner and so on and so forth?
Iger, Slappy and Dmaro are why we are here today. Did the pandemic hurt them? a little, but they also took advantage of the pandemic to offload things that cost Disney money.

Disney+ is a good product, I do question some of the new content created for D+, mainly Star Wars. But hey what do I know other than my own likes for streaming.

Parks are run down, it's been obvious. Maintenace is down, it's obvious. Food quality is down, it's obvious. Re-theming resort rooms is horrible, it's obvious. Capacity HAS been down since the 90's, it's obvious.

The above- thought they had the Midas touch-especially after the pandemic when there was "unprecedented" demand for parks. Price gouging was, well obvious.

They all chose to remove services- The Disney Difference, to line the coffers instead of relying on steady growth and protect the Brand. They wanted the quick buck, and a lot of it. When I see soot all over the friendship boats, trash in the nooks and crannies of the parks and the lack of power washing the ride Q's out on a regular basis, it's obvious.

Don't get me wrong- SWGE is impressive, just wish ROTR it wouldn't break down EVERY time I visit. GOTG is by far the coolest coaster ever rode, There's more likes-but ill end it here. Parks, some resorts have been construction sites for years, they are good at tearing things down, but suck at getting things re-built, it's obvious.

Don't get me started on Disney Signature Service either- especially Club Level

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So much for the Disney “brand” if that happens.
1673551293009.png

Jrb1979

Iger, Slappy and Dmaro are why we are here today. Did the pandemic hurt them? a little, but they also took advantage of the pandemic to offload things that cost Disney money.

Disney+ is a good product, I do question some of the new content created for D+, mainly Star Wars. But hey what do I know other than my own likes for streaming.

Parks are run down, it's been obvious. Maintenace is down, it's obvious. Food quality is down, it's obvious. Re-theming resort rooms is horrible, it's obvious. Capacity HAS been down since the 90's, it's obvious.

The above- thought they had the Midas touch-especially after the pandemic when there was "unprecedented" demand for parks. Price gouging was, well obvious.

They all chose to remove services- The Disney Difference, to line the coffers instead of relying on steady growth and protect the Brand. They wanted the quick buck, and a lot of it. When I see soot all over the friendship boats, trash in the nooks and crannies of the parks and the lack of power washing the ride Q's out on a regular basis, it's obvious.

Don't get me wrong- SWGE is impressive, just wish ROTR it wouldn't break down EVERY time I visit. GOTG is by far the coolest coaster ever rode, There's more likes-but ill end it here. Parks, some resorts have been construction sites for years, they are good at tearing things down, but suck at getting things re-built, it's obvious.

Don't get me started on Disney Signature Service either- especially Club Level
That's why I said they need to get someone from outside Disney that has worked in the parks industry. The people they put in charge of the parks only know Disney. While those people from other parks may not understand the theming part of Disney, I would say most know how to run the day to day aspect better then Disney has lately, especially with all the rules they have in place to visit.

fgmnt

That's why I said they need to get someone from outside Disney that has worked in the parks industry. The people they put in charge of the parks only know Disney. While those people from other parks may not understand the theming part of Disney, I would say most know how to run the day to day aspect better then Disney has lately, especially with all the rules they have in place to visit.
I think it would be impractical for them to hire someone external to run the top of parks. Maybe they hire a park president to be a Disney park president.

pdude81

I don’t follow the wrastlin trades…but my BIL does and it seems to be a fait accompli…

McMahon is 78 years old. They all get senile and lippy at that age
He should have sold it off 10 years ago and just agreed to stay on for another 5 as a personality. Then again, with the market down a bit, he can do pretty well with the proceeds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom