Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just rode SSE and the screen in my ride vehicle was like this the entire rideView attachment 678777View attachment 678776
Just got back from a weekend trip and I feel almost every other ride vehicle has a red cover on it with their screens just like the one in your picture. SSE is in dire need of maintenance. I will say that the show scenes seemed to be good and in working order.

Stupido

I rode in late October. I'd go as far to say that Spaceship Earth is in even worse shape than Imagination.

The narration track was turned so low, no one in my party could hear it. Judi was barely whispering in our ears. Without the narration, the story completely falls apart, and our friend who has never been to Disney World had no idea what was going on. The screens in our car were functioning, but responded to only about half of the touches we made. The photo didn't detect half of our party. We took up two rows, and in each row only one of our faces were grabbed.

Sure, Imagination isn't in the best shape either, but at least it's a functioning attraction. The golfball is literally EPCOT's icon, and TDO should be ashamed of the state of the ride they have sitting it. This used to be my favorite attraction in all of EPCOT, but it desprately needs some help.

muddyrivers

I do this all the time, but it's damn near impossible because of how inconsistent the speed and stoppages of the ride are these days.
On my last trip I tried to listened to the Irons narration but I found myself fast forwarding so often to keep it relatively in sync. Especially on the descent I really struggled to get it to end on time. I actually was being invited into AT&T's new Global Neighborhood as I was in said Neighborhood 😂

ppete1975

Sad part is when it closes it will prob be closed 2-3 years based on Disneys track record. And Epcot will definitely miss having its landmark closed, especially one of the last opening day attractions (for the nostalgia people, and people who havent been in a long long time)

StantonZ

Sad part is when it closes it will prob be closed 2-3 years based on Disneys track record. And Epcot will definitely miss having its landmark closed, especially one of the last opening day attractions (for the nostalgia people, and people who havent been in a long long time)
A selfish part of me wishes this refurb had been done during COVID...because it inevitably will happen after we have moved to Orlando (and I think it will be a long refurb).

KeithVH

Who is now considered to be the new fan favorite to replace Dame Judy? As if that would happen at this point . . .

yensidtlaw1969

Who is now considered to be the new fan favorite to replace Dame Judy? As if that would happen at this point . . .
I can't count how many posts I've seen over the years begging for them to use Morgan Freeman.

Personally, I think I'd like to hear a lesser-known voice - there's something a little distracting about having it be someone everybody recognizes immediately. There's loads of great talent out there who have the wisdom and gravity to do the ride justice. For whatever reason, Noma Dumezweni came to mind for me. I feel like her voice could be a great fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom