News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To me, it is incomprehensible that this pavilion is not being reimagined as Wonders of Life 2.0 with health IPs and, specifically, Inside Out reimagining Cranium Command and something with Baymax. I would also welcome a Heimlich dark ride, modeled after his Chew Chew Train at Disney California Adventure.
Or just, you know, something original (and health related)

I know. Silly me.

ToTBellHop

Or just, you know, something original (and health related)

I know. Silly me.
Of all Future World (or whatever the hell they call this portion) pavilions, health should be the easiest to keep futuristic. We are well-aware if what we should be able to do in 20 or 30 years in medicine. Certainly in a more-definitive way than space travel. And I’m sure they could even find a pharma sponsor to be the Official Headache Medicine of Disney Parks or provide the fabulous employee health plans.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Of all Future World (or whatever the hell they call this portion) pavilions, health should be the easiest to keep futuristic. We are well-aware if what we should be able to do in 20 or 30 years in medicine. Certainly in a more-definitive way than space travel. And I’m sure they could even find a pharma sponsor to be the Official Headache Medicine of Disney Parks or provide the fabulous employee health plans.
If anything the general public is far more health concisions than they were in 1989.

SpaceMountain77

AdventHealth. The relationship is there, someone would just need to cultivate it.

UNCgolf

Don't they already have a partnership with an insurance or healthcare company? Should have been easy.

EDIT: See someone already posted it above. AdventHealth.

ToTBellHop

Don't they already have a partnership with an insurance or healthcare company? Should have been easy.

EDIT: See someone already posted it above. AdventHealth.
Honestly, it pains me to say it due to my childhood, but Imagination was the obvious pavilion to turn into Play. I’d miss Figgy but it’s such a crappy ride as it is.

UNCgolf

Honestly, it pains me to say it due to my childhood, but Imagination was the obvious pavilion to turn into Play. I’d miss Figgy but it’s such a crappy ride as it is.

I think the issue there is that Imagination is a ride (even if it's an awful one now) and the former Wonders of Life was not. Imagination likely would have required far more prep work in terms of getting rid of the ride system etc.

The truly obvious thing would be to turn part of Communicore into that (it already was that to an extent at one point in the Innoventions era) instead of tearing it down.

SpaceMountain77

But why bother when we can have a World Discovery (I found the name!) pavilion themed to the futuristic topic of…characters?

Why bother? Many of us have gained weight because of the removal of the Wonder Cycles. The ability to pedal through Disneyland inspired a love of bike riding and fitness that was lost with the closure of the pavilion.

Ah, last year's waistlines comment on the earnings call.

Bocabear

In a world where we pay insurance companies more than what we pay for automobiles, you would think there would be several willing to fork out the cost to create a fresh new pavilion....with billions of reported profits... Or maybe one of the Oil companies that also annually report billions in profits... Eco-magination? Seems like there are millions of great ideas out there... and they can't even come up with one?

Sir_Cliff

Those surveys are part of a secret mind control operation that makes people keep going back to the parks despite outrageous prices.
How much value for money do you believe you received during your stay at Walt Disney World Resort?
A: Just the right amount
B: Slightly too much
C: Far too much
D: The low prices reduced my enjoyment of Walt Disney World Resort
E: I will not return to Walt Disney World Resort unless prices are raised to more accurately reflect the quality of the experience I received.

RobWDW1971

If anything the general public is far more health concisions than they were in 1989.
Uhhh, by "health conscious" you mean morbidly obese with skyrocketing rates of diabetes, heart disease, and other weight-related health conditions?

We WISH the general public was as health conscious as they were back in 1989.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Uhhh, by "health conscious" you mean morbidly obese with skyrocketing rates of diabetes, heart disease, and other weight-related health conditions?

We WISH the general public was as health conscious as they were back in 1989.
They are conscious of more ostensibly health-related things. Doesn't mean their lifestyle is actually healthier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom