Coco and Encanto Fit More at World Showcase. Not at Magic Kingdom.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
France and Mexico are still very much cultural exhibitions with one area dedicated to an ip ride, or mini land. Norway is another story but even then has the bakery, shop, and stave church so not fully Frozenland
They're still IP dump grounds. Lefou sing-along practically replaced impressions de France and has rat behind it. And mexico got the birds replacing the culture boat ride.

Why would Coco not work here in the same sense 😂

Centauri Space Station

They're still IP dump grounds. Lefou sing-along practically replaced impressions de France and has rat behind it. And mexico got the birds replacing the culture boat ride.

Why would Coco not work here in the same sense 😂
Cuz the capacity there isn’t great and would require to reroute the entrance and would be a bigger nightmare than Frozen

Skibum1970

I would rather have part of Animation Courtyard turned into an area dedicated to Silly Symphonies.
Oh, that would be awesome as well but I still think that Coco and Encanto would be better fits for DHS (also due to need for rides in the park) or MK second. MK just doesn't need more rides at this point. DHS needs more to do to absorb maybe some more people.

The Lochness Monsta

I agree with the original poster, it would go good at Epcot. They'd probably have to get rid the African Outpost, but that is totally alright with me. That shouldn't even be there, since we already have Animal Kingdom for Africa.

Robbiem

What I don't particularly like seeing right now is an entire LAND dedicated to current popular films that may not be as popular in say 10 years. I'm ruling out franchises here that have sequels & spin-off's etc that make them a little more popular. The Magic Kingdom is solely based on those 5 lands (Adventure, Frontier, Fantasy, Tomorrow & Shopping(😆)) I kind of get the whole villains land because it doesn't really focus on one particular character, but to have quite large areas dedicated to one particular film/attraction? I'd much rather see the entire area just be a really large enclosed dark land (much like Mermaid Lagoon at Disney Sea) as a villain area tbf.

There are only a couple of IPs that have long term staying power to merit a permanent theme park land. I think the castle parks work so well because they use a general themed area to showcase the attractions IP and non IP.

To me coco and encanto would fit perfectly in a latin american land like the lost river delta in TDS but you can also add in other IPs like Indiana Jones or even emperors new groove and some general attractions to make a more rounded experience

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
.....Explain. I am confusion.

If not adding in Disney intellectual property to add new experiences to the World showcase because its "inauthentic" they why not add in something real and not an ideal condensed trope of what another country is, why not add in a land covering those in transit to another existence ?

WondersOfLife

If not adding in Disney intellectual property to add new experiences to the World showcase because its "inauthentic" they why not add in something real and not an ideal condensed trope of what another country is, why not add in a land covering those in transit to another existence ?
Ah, gotcha.

Those "ideal condensed tropes" of what other countries are, are quite literally still relevant to the culture and differences in how people live and celebrate their cultures. I hate to break it to you, but those ice sculptures are actually a real thing in Canada. As crazy as that sounds. lol. Each country DOES have positive cultural significances. And since you're at a theme park, and not a museum, you're going to see the positive ones.

...Not even sure why I had to explain all of that. That was a ridiculous response.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ah, gotcha.

Those "ideal condensed tropes" of what other countries are, are quite literally still relevant to the culture and differences in how people live and celebrate their cultures. I hate to break it to you, but those ice sculptures are actually a real thing in Canada. As crazy as that sounds. lol. Each country DOES have positive cultural significances. And since you're at a theme park, and not a museum, you're going to see the positive ones.

...Not even sure why I had to explain all of that. That was a ridiculous response.

Because in your own words "you're at a theme park, and not a museum". Just as you may not agree with what they may change the theme to, doesn't make it cease to become a park. They choose to portray a fictionalized representation of something from one of their productions which may only portray something that exists in remote areas (such as Norge Sami), not something you're more familiar with like Oslo or Bergen.

WondersOfLife

Because in your own words "you're at a theme park, and not a museum". Just as you may not agree with what they may change the theme to, doesn't make it cease to become a park. They choose to portray a fictionalized representation of something from one of their productions which may only portray something that exists in remote areas (such as Norge Sami), not something you're more familiar with like Oslo or Bergen.
...I don't see the relevance to the conversation that was originally at hand in comparison to this conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom