Coco and Encanto Fit More at World Showcase. Not at Magic Kingdom.

ppete1975

There are plenty of amazing and fun things each country has to offer that aren't the films Disney has made set in them.

Honestly, the constant focus on just what movies can be shoved where makes me really sad, as someone who really enjoys learning about different cultures.
I fear that ship has sailed. Although I hope I am wrong. When world showcase opened it was like visiting a travel agency. Come to Japan its amazing and this is 1 millionth of the culture and beauty, travel to the real thing.
Heres some culture and history, interesting isnt it... visit italy.
Please be careful walking there are double decker buses from the UK driving about.

It was all about culture, sites of history, and experiences.. it was a place to slow down and just look around in awe. Then hopefully rush to the travel agency and get out in the world. And due to the lack of internet and 1 million streaming channels and cable, was the first many had been exposed to alot of it outside of national geographic or pbs.

Now its what festival is going on, and what IP is moving in.

Now there are two pros to that.. as a child and later as a teen some of the pavillions were a bit boring and we didnt get the rides we were supposed to, like mount fuji or the rhine river cruise. So mary poppins (someday) or gran fiesta and rat, have been an ok addition. Especially gran fiesta as its tucked in the back and doesnt take away from the pavillion while giving something fun to do.

The other is the terrifying characters are gone... THANK GOD
1663697060622.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Agreed. World showcase should be a celebration of each country. Not a second magic Kingdom.
No it wouldn’t fit Epcot better than Mk. Epcot is a set of pavilions sampling the culture of different countries and would only have a ride and small area at best.
Where have you guys been in the past decade?? Epcot has (sadly) moved on from that concept a long time ago.

cookiee_munster

The more I think about this, the more I think maybe it's not such a terrible thing to bring characters to each pavilion? I think as long as it's not totally focused on that particular animation (i'm looking at you Frozen Ever After) and has the character create more of a narrative about that particular country, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad? I'm thinking more of an edutainment element for the kids.

What I don't particularly like seeing right now is an entire LAND dedicated to current popular films that may not be as popular in say 10 years. I'm ruling out franchises here that have sequels & spin-off's etc that make them a little more popular. The Magic Kingdom is solely based on those 5 lands (Adventure, Frontier, Fantasy, Tomorrow & Shopping(😆)) I kind of get the whole villains land because it doesn't really focus on one particular character, but to have quite large areas dedicated to one particular film/attraction? I'd much rather see the entire area just be a really large enclosed dark land (much like Mermaid Lagoon at Disney Sea) as a villain area tbf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom