Coco and Encanto Fit More at World Showcase. Not at Magic Kingdom.

EPCOTCenterLover

Coco's a cheaper option. Adding Encanto would require a Columbia pavilian. Something I do not think the current leaders would approve. That would cost real money.

aladdin2007

They couldn't get Brazil to go through even though it was close, there's no way a Columbia pavilion would ever see the light of day. It seems like it would be more fitting with encanto, but still takes politics and red tape and outside funding.

Sir_Cliff

They couldn't get Brazil to go through even though it was close, there's no way a Columbia pavilion would ever see the light of day. It seems like it would be more fitting with encanto, but still takes politics and red tape and outside funding.
Not necessarily. They could just build another pavilion for any country if they wanted to. It's not like they have to ask the Colombian government's permission and none of the other pavilions are funded or approved by the governments of those countries.

aladdin2007

Not necessarily. They could just build another pavilion for any country if they wanted to. It's not like they have to ask the Colombian government's permission and none of the other pavilions are funded or approved by the governments of those countries.
true but they still require sponsors and reps from said country, they have needed to change the model up a long time now but its just not going to happen I guess. I think the remaining plots left will more or less be used for additions or attractions like they did with ratatouille, and not a new pavilion sadly. would be nice though. Been over 30 years.

Sir_Cliff

true but they still require sponsors and reps from said country, they have needed to change the model up a long time now but its just not going to happen I guess. I think the remaining plots left will more or less be used for additions or attractions like they did with ratatouille, and not a new pavilion sadly. would be nice though. Been over 30 years.
Do they require sponsors, though? It would be nice to get them and I'm sure they could at least attract some third party to operate a restaurant, but I think the extent of the sponsorship at other pavilions is mostly retail and dining outlets at this point, if that. As for reps, they just need to hire more people from Colombia through the Disney International Program. I would be surprised if they aren't already hiring at least some people from there each year through the program.

In other words, there's really no greater structural barriers to them opening a Colombia pavilion at Epcot than an Encanto land at MK.

Last edited:

Kingoglow

I don't think we ever see a 5th gate. Folks only have so much vacation, and if you add a 5th, you will effectively kill one of the others quite possibly. The model just doesn't work right now.
I would argue that for the demographic of the guest that Disney is trying to attract (affluence), unlimited PTO is the norm. So no, I don't think that the amount of vacation time is part of the consideration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom