Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Gringrinngghost

Target near Margaritaville.

BE61BD39-35D3-4EDA-9184-2B2AFF3B6769.jpeg

863D625E-0CF4-4E56-B4A1-537087848E13.jpeg
2F9BF547-06A7-4A4E-96D7-96DEB864842E.jpeg

632CBB8D-050A-4EDE-A753-8D85E27B35A5.jpeg
A082E7B3-5F2B-4E5A-9D3F-ACE1B3727F40.jpeg
807E0372-C10F-420D-A3E6-0D032836473F.jpeg

The fact that no Disney breakfast reservations have opened up for Monday and Tuesday tells me that not a lot of people have canceled trips / bailed on their current vacation. I’m surprised! I guess we will see how flights shake out for Friday and Saturday and if people get down to MCO.

ceecee101

Curious for any FL or others who have experienced hurricanes: saw someone interviewed on the news tonight who was evacuating and the person said “this one (Ian) just feels different“. Thoughts?

TTA94

Little info as far as what happens after it crosses FL and heads north. It appears as though it won’t survive to long even if it makes it partially into the Atlantic.

erstwo

Isn’t that the whole reason they started building DVC villas with both a bath and a shower with bench?

Wait, what?
This was too far 😂 but I think you might be my husbands long lost brother. Totally something he would say! As a friend once said of my husband ‘(he) always says the most inappropriate thing at the most appropriate time’ 😁
In memory of what will be left of Animal Kingdom after tomorrow:

Nooo!! Hurts my heart to think of all the animal at AK (and Busch Gardens) who are all sheltered, probably restless and having no idea what is coming. Bless all the employees staying to care for them!
Hope everyone -humans and all other animals - are safe.

mightynine

Curious for any FL or others who have experienced hurricanes: saw someone interviewed on the news tonight who was evacuating and the person said “this one (Ian) just feels different“. Thoughts?
Well, I don’t think I’ve seen a storm this strong heading towards Florida from this direction in my lifetime.

It’s honestly not something you want to stick around for. It will be the longest 12-24 hours of your life, at minimum. And there’s nowhere to go at that point.

wutisgood

Reminder, it is 2023 expiration not 2022.

However, someone may want to remind Bob about the family from Denver who only comes once every 5 years that he's so concerned with, that this policy would be of no use to that family.
Are they issued as new tickets that they can resell?
The fact that no Disney breakfast reservations have opened up for Monday and Tuesday tells me that not a lot of people have canceled trips / bailed on their current vacation. I’m surprised! I guess we will see how flights shake out for Friday and Saturday and if people get down to MCO.
I think there are too many people willing to pile in either locals or people who couldn't get reservations before that demand is still high. Monday and Tuesday are far enough out.

I was lucky to get a Weds to Friday flight change late afternoon which is looking solid. I think Saturday at Disney is going to be the best opportunity I have ever seen for little to no waits. Looking at the flight prices Friday and even Saturday almost ALL the direct flights from the northeast are sold out. People are going to pile into the parks fast trying to catch low crowds. I bet Sunday is still somewhat light and Monday is slammed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom