Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s good that they have this kind of confidence that they’ll be all set to welcome guests Friday afternoon. I hope this storm somehow fizzles and they are right.
Umm…they’re not “predicting fizzle”…don’t give too much credit

They are simply targeting when the coffers can be refilled again.

Pretty linear thinking

Touchdown

Original Poster
Umm…they’re not “predicting fizzle”…don’t give too much credit

They are simply targeting when the coffers can be refilled again.

Pretty linear thinking
Local news YouTube feed predicting only 6-8 inches of rain in Orange County. Hard to believe the difference. Also the track did move south. Just north of Ft Myers.

solidyne

Is that really at Peco’s?? Please tell me where it’s located! After 40 trips down to the world I can say I’ve never seen this.
Yep, I took photo in June. It's just outside the restrooms, in the back before you get to "pirate memorabilia" room near Tortuga.

I remember some on the side street off of Main Street USA, but they may have been removed in the recent refurbishment there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The numbers are slightly better for Tampa since the predicted landfall moved further to the South.

Chance of sustained winds for more than a minute with higher gusts possible...

Sustained Wind StrengthTampaOrlando
75+ MPH (Hurricane Force)30-50%30-40%
60-75 MPH50-90%60-70%
40-60 MPH (Tropical Force)90-100%90-100%

Hawg G

Clean side of what? Supercooked torrential rain for 36 hours?
Well, yeah. You realize that rain comes from somewhere, right? Hurricanes rotate CCW. Water is picked up from the ocean and spun up to the right of the hurricane.

The news here was clearly showing the difference in rainfall depending on which model was right.

I see the Covid medical experts are now Meteorogists.

Last edited:

vikescaper

Even though it is early Wednesday, it has been a long week. I worked both Monday and Tuesday and spent the better part of my shifts assisting getting the building ready for the storm and then finished securing the house Tuesday evening. While I am happy that the projected storm track has shifted from the Tampa Bay Area, I am very worried for those south of us. For those of you in Florida, please stay safe!!

esskay

On a sightly brighter note, if you're on site and your tickets are extended you've got a good shot of getting on every ride the day the parks open. It always ends up being a very weird day as the place is totally dead for the morning, with walkons on practically everything.

Lilofan

On a sightly brighter note, if you're on site and your tickets are extended you've got a good shot of getting on every ride the day the parks open. It always ends up being a very weird day as the place is totally dead for the morning, with walkons on practically everything.
Hope all the scheduled cast come to work post storm and roadways driveable . Attractions need trained cast not just any cast to operate the attractions . This goes with any dept also. A few posts on a different thread a number of months ago notated lack of security staffing caused massive lines of guests waiting to enter MK one morning .

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom