Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

lazyboy97o

Funnily enough, I can answer this because I took a photo while loading. We were seated in Car 2, but by the end of the trip we had reattached to the train as Car 1, which leads me to believe you never really know where you are going to end up in terms of show scenes when you ride.

View attachment 636162
There’s a set pattern of how the cars move through the ride and reorder themselves.

No Name

Funnily enough, I can answer this because I took a photo while loading. We were seated in Car 2, but by the end of the trip we had reattached to the train as Car 1, which leads me to believe you never really know where you are going to end up in terms of show scenes when you ride.

View attachment 636162
The four ride paths are the same every time. If you start in car 2 you always follow the same pattern and end as car 1.

Oh I realize this was said already lol

DCBaker

Premium Member
New concept art -

17o8t61ir7tfy136i7tygh1v3ti7ku13r123233.jpg
17o8t61ir7tfy136i7tygh1v3ti7ku13r1232144.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
So no new scenes? I like the ride at HS, so it would've been nice if they plussed it for the DL's version.

If there was, they would've announced it today, I feel like..

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So no new scenes? I like the ride at HS, so it would've been nice if they plussed it for the DL's version.

If there was, they would've announced it today, I feel like..
Well, all of the speculation came from DSNY newscast where he saw that the permit for the DL version had 16 show scenes and apparently the DHS one has 13. Now those scenes could be part of the queue like the concept are shown above, or maybe they are playing this one closer to the vest and will be revealed when the ride opens up.

We do know that the buildings are shaped quite differently, so we should expect some differences if not just the layout of the ride.

IveBeenJack

Well, all of the speculation came from DSNY newscast where he saw that the permit for the DL version had 16 show scenes and apparently the DHS one has 13. Now those scenes could be part of the queue like the concept are shown above, or maybe they are playing this one closer to the vest and will be revealed when the ride opens up.

We do know that the buildings are shaped quite differently, so we should expect some differences if not just the layout of the ride.
From what I've heard last year, the shape and layout of the building created an opportunity of 1 new scene to be added between the dance studio and boiler room. Also VFX, animators and engineers working on the project have made statements in interviews on small podcasts that the ride will be a little different.

Not expecting much, but there will be changes, and I expect at the very least that the Easter eggs may be different. For an example "The Great Moving Ride" reference probably won't be there.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Select media were given a tour of Runaway Railway after D23 - some information below from Attractions Magazine. The concept art mentioned in the piece is the first photo in post #4,304.

"As for Runaway Railway, it looks great. We were able to walk through the queue and walk the full ride path. The queue is completely different from the attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Although we weren’t allowed to take any photos or videos, It looked very much like the concept art below. It’s a museum of past Mickey shorts, shows, and movies, separated by the decades. I can’t give details, but there are some cool illusions and Easter eggs to look for.

The ride wasn’t fully programmed yet, but they walked us through the full ride and ran all the scenes. It’s 95 percent the same as in Orlando. Although the changes in the queue were done on purpose, the changes to the ride were done out of necessity of the space. All the scenes are there, but a couple are rearranged, and some extended a bit."

waltography

Select media were given a tour of Runaway Railway after D23 - some information below from Attractions Magazine. The concept art mentioned in the piece is the first photo in post #4,304.

"As for Runaway Railway, it looks great. We were able to walk through the queue and walk the full ride path. The queue is completely different from the attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Although we weren’t allowed to take any photos or videos, It looked very much like the concept art below. It’s a museum of past Mickey shorts, shows, and movies, separated by the decades. I can’t give details, but there are some cool illusions and Easter eggs to look for.

The ride wasn’t fully programmed yet, but they walked us through the full ride and ran all the scenes. It’s 95 percent the same as in Orlando. Although the changes in the queue were done on purpose, the changes to the ride were done out of necessity of the space. All the scenes are there, but a couple are rearranged, and some extended a bit."

I'm really rooting for a reimagined tornado scene, or otherwise really shortened so it's not such an extended blackout as it is in the DHS version.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

So... that rumor of three new scenes...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As I said above, it was from a vlogger reading a permit.

It will still be interesting to see the layout differences though.
It could still be that the new queue and holding room = "new scenes"

And altered scenes = "new scenes"

in the mind of some.

We already knew there had to be some alterations given that the DL building is narrower than DHS's.

lazyboy97o

It could still be that the new queue and holding room = "new scenes"

And altered scenes = "new scenes"

in the mind of some.

We already knew there had to be some alterations given that the DL building is narrower than DHS's.
This. Scenes are not themselves a legal category and they can be counted in a variety of ways. Queue areas are defined as scenes in show set drawings. What a rider might consider one scene could be counted as multiple scenes because of how it is broken down. The same thing could be counted different ways by different teams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom