Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

J4546

Toontown has been a wasteland for years with very little to actually do in all that supposed play space. The model at D23 shows improvements in every way. There was nothing interesting in Donald's Boat anyway, for example, and Disneyland lacks space for kids to just decompress and run around (DCA has Redwood Creek). Goofy's house has been a waste of space for years, the treehouse unused, broken effects everywhere, and since covid, what little was left has been closed off anyway. I think people will be surprised by the new lease on life the least-liked land in the park gets next March!

I agree about TT overall, but calling it the least liked land....for me the Autopia/Subs area is the least liked land and a massive waste of space. imo of course

J4546

well whatever it is its such a massive space for my 2 least favorite rides in the park. Its like 20 percent of the entire park

mickEblu

Toontown has been a wasteland for years with very little to actually do in all that supposed play space. The model at D23 shows improvements in every way. There was nothing interesting in Donald's Boat anyway, for example, and Disneyland lacks space for kids to just decompress and run around (DCA has Redwood Creek). Goofy's house has been a waste of space for years, the treehouse unused, broken effects everywhere, and since covid, what little was left has been closed off anyway. I think people will be surprised by the new lease on life the least-liked land in the park gets next March!

You heard it here first guys… March. @GiveMeTheMusic is always so slick with it. Will MMRR be opening with the land?

mickEblu

This "upgrade" to Toontown feels like the company just giving us less and trying to sell it as an improvement. We took out two fountains and replaced it with one, but it is interactive! We sealed up Donald's Boat and paved over the lagoon, but now is sprays tiny streams of water outside of it! We took out the defunct treehouse and replaced it with nothing, but at least we did something about it! I'm thankful for MRR, but the rest just feels like we're taking a unique land and lessening it to something slightly above what my local public park offers. Splash pads, rubberized plastic things to roll and touch, grassy spaces. I hope I'm wrong and the simpler approach pays off, but man...it just feels like Disney is reducing their maintenance costs and spinning it.

Also, does anyone else find the Pluto inspired colors for the new market (old gas station) don't mesh with the rest of the buildings around it?

I think overall it’s a definite improvement but I can see where you re coming from on some things. Donald’s Boat is a step backwards if just for the loss of the waterfall and lagoon alone. With that said it’ll be a lot more useful for more families even if the splash pad looks kind of sad. I also agree on Plutos market and will miss Goofys Gas station.

I think Goofy’s play yard looks great. I like the way the paths from the land kind of meander back there now. Much more functional and visually interesting.

I’m ok losing the plastic treehouse but would like to see something improved there even if it’s a better queue for Gadgets or shaded seating.

We’ll see how all the AstroTurf or rubber “grass” translates in person but if there’s one place I don’t mind it it would be Toontown.

Then, you know the land is also getting an E ticket so there’s that.

PiratesMansion

I guess I'm just not sure what people expected with the interactive stuff. A lot of that stuff likely was eliminated as a byproduct of our sue-happy society and that certainly hasn't gotten any better over time?

Also mystified by the newfound sanctity of Donald's Boat. It...was never exactly Pirates of the Caribbean on the best day of its existence, if we're being honest. It was a water play area for children with a character attached to it. In stark naked terms, that's all it is or ever was.

Though I must say, I eagerly await the creation of the newest conspiracy theory thread about how Donald's Boat was actually the greatest attraction of the nineties and that modern Disney is just too fearful to allow it to blossom into its true, untutored state of brilliance.

yensidtlaw1969

I guess I'm just not sure what people expected with the interactive stuff. A lot of that stuff likely was eliminated as a byproduct of our sue-happy society and that certainly hasn't gotten any better over time?

Also mystified by the newfound sanctity of Donald's Boat. It...was never exactly Pirates of the Caribbean on the best day of its existence, if we're being honest. It was a water play area for children with a character attached to it. In stark naked terms, that's all it is or ever was.

Though I must say, I eagerly await the creation of the newest conspiracy theory thread about how Donald's Boat was actually the greatest attraction of the nineties and that modern Disney is just too fearful to allow it to blossom into its true, untutored state of brilliance.
I think most people are capable of recognizing that it's disappointing when something get downgraded, even if the thing itself was never sacred.

Cosidering that all of two people in this thread have expressed disappointment in the relegation of Donald's Boat to essentially an oversized prop, I think your reaction to that might be more mystifying.

mickEblu

I think most people are capable of recognizing that it's disappointing when something get downgraded, even if the thing itself was never sacred.

Cosidering that all of two people in this thread have expressed disappointment in the relegation of Donald's Boat to essentially an oversized prop, I think your reaction to that might be more mystifying.

Lol I like you @PiratesMansion way more than this guy who has ignored me for 3 years because a post he took the wrong way but I agree with him.

J4546

I'd really like more areas for kids to burn of energy. Something like triton kingdom in Tokyo would be great in Orlando. A giant shaded indoors play area. Maybe they could gut the half of tsm building that is backstage stuff and make a giant indoor play area with toy themes? I may be wrong about tsm but I thought I saw a bluepri t that made it look like the ride only used half the building.

mickEblu

I'd really like more areas for kids to burn of energy. Something like triton kingdom in Tokyo would be great in Orlando. A giant shaded indoors play area. Maybe they could gut the half of tsm building that is backstage stuff and make a giant indoor play area with toy themes? I may be wrong about tsm but I thought I saw a bluepri t that made it look like the ride only used half the building.

I think Toontown, TSI and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail are enough. And I say that as someone with a 2 year old and 6 year old. Really the whole park should be a place for them to burn energy but God forbid you put your 2 year old down with todays crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom