Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t
@AKemily I thought that too … but I couldn’t come up with their WHY? MYbe to ride Dinosaur and the safaris to see the lion move?
See, you were partially correct too @slipperalwaysfits! While we didn’t get to Dinosaur, we did do this next.

ACE97D3A-8A48-4A4B-9872-87FA46146815.jpeg

Hello Frasier Crane!

3CE6D90A-38BE-44B5-914E-472A9EEA3405.jpeg

The “Q” (@MickeyCB) was empty.

8777A7F1-5133-42D0-A963-F8C6A4BE03F6.jpeg

6A9BF717-23C0-421C-9112-67F898F575AF.jpeg

29861FA5-05C8-4074-9546-49A0F9D94E11.jpeg

Our Jeep was only half full. Not many folks want to go on a 5:45 pm safari….in summer!

Which makes perfect sense because most of the animals didn’t want to be out on the savanna either. We saw very few. Most were hiding.

7834C5D8-0543-4DB8-80F8-D08458F8EAED.jpeg

23DA4BEE-B08E-484C-9C35-7F72F661803D.jpeg

We did have one exciting sighting.

The baby rhinoceros was out with its mama!

8EF5303B-76B0-4770-B1D1-A49D937B98DE.jpeg

Fun Fact: A herd of rhinos is called a crash. Rhinos can only see 10 feet in front of them and are therefore always crashing into each other!

While I miss the zebras in this final section, the goats (which are definitely not the G.O.A.T! 🤣) are a funny addition to the updated area.

27B8ED65-FD7D-4460-BFBC-FF4033F11D7A.jpeg

C1AB8121-64A8-427C-A0D0-D1BEFC5E06AA.jpeg

fractal

Sunday, con’t

See, you were partially correct too @slipperalwaysfits! While we didn’t get to Dinosaur, we did do this next.

View attachment 668057

Hello Frasier Crane!

View attachment 668058

The “Q” (@MickeyCB) was empty.

View attachment 668059

View attachment 668060

View attachment 668061

Our Jeep was only half full. Not many folks want to go on a 5:45 pm safari….in summer!

Which makes perfect sense because most of the animals didn’t want to be out on the savanna either. We saw very few. Most were hiding.

View attachment 668062

View attachment 668063

We did have one exciting sighting.

The baby rhinoceros was out with its mama!

View attachment 668064

Fun Fact: A herd of rhinos is called a crash. Rhinos can only see 10 feet in front of them and are therefore always crashing into each other!

While I miss the zebras in this final section, the goats (which are definitely not the G.O.A.T! 🤣) are a funny addition to the updated area.

View attachment 668065

View attachment 668066

Shirley Status going strong!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

We took this delightful path (yes I said delightful @Zipadeelady 😉) after exiting Kilimanjaro Safari.

855E87C5-C85A-4FFB-A399-9D25699C70E4.jpeg

It was mostly shaded so we were as comfortable as we could be on a July evening in central Florida.

Soon we arrived here.

4F33B9F0-A8CF-4713-B817-B5BF80A6679E.jpeg

Yeah our energy is sapped too, floating mountain thingy.

FA500000-0F24-4AC5-82F3-74704CB8B435.jpeg

We needed some fuel.

B063CF9C-B959-4D63-8845-49F22BD194AF.jpeg

D65CC2F5-9D64-4107-B0ED-42FC15F0CAF6.jpeg

Much better.

028F10BE-0DE4-4F61-B5D3-97A1A5BD51C5.jpeg

Em’s appetite wasn’t as big as mine tonight so she went with a kid’s bowl. I happily finished my adult portion. :hungry:

Satu’li Canteen is da bomb. An excellent reason to make an excursion over to our least favorite park….even in the summer!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Perhaps we’ll have luck in this store.

832B5D60-71F5-437D-85C6-B0B2BBF40183.jpeg

(Channeling my inner Chandler Bing) Could these anniversary banners BE any more blah?!!

C0B6D21B-359E-4B19-844C-501E5F89B2CD.jpeg

If only today’s WDW designers exhibited the same talent as those who worked while the park was constructed.

I mean, how amazing is this little detail?

E39251B2-B52F-47B8-97BC-085AA9F94E41.jpeg

So as not to continue berating Disney, I’ll just blame “supply chain problems” for the lack of merchandise variety here.

I did see one adorable item.

39FD2C1C-AC4C-49CC-838E-B91A828E8097.jpeg

Not $30 adorable, however. A picture will suffice.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

✅ Mug
✅ Safari
✅ Satu’li Canteen
✅ Shopping

“We had a full Animal Kingdom experience. We even closed the park!” Em declared as we headed out.

(A rare statement from a member of the Tuvalu family!)

CD308BDA-1958-4D2F-BCA2-E6363A3C789E.jpeg

But you didn’t try a new dessert, @AKemily is likely thinking.

Oh but we did. It just wasn’t at AK.

Presenting the 50th Anniversary Petit Stump Cake from Roaring Fork.

716704A6-25D0-4F4E-95CE-EB0A6572FA5A.jpeg

Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling, surrounded by “bark” fondant, featuring the 50th anniversary logo.

“What’s a stump cake?” Em had asked after reading the description.

“A cake that’s supposed to look like a tree stump?” I guessed, wondering why anyone would want to create a cake that resembles dead tree bark.

A Google search revealed that stump cakes are indeed a real thing. Who knew?

We cut our “petit” (shouldn’t there be an e on the end?) stump (cup)cake in half to share.

68D41573-FFEE-406C-AC8B-71EFEA4113A1.jpeg

The “bark” fondant was :hungover:. The cake and buttercream were fine. And it was certainly easier to eat than the infamous Roaring S’more!

We checked the hot water situation since maintenance had visited earlier. (We knew someone had been in our room since since the master lighting switch was off!) Running the water for only a few seconds at the sinks and shower produced scalding hot water — a much needed improvement!

HOWEVER….

The heavy floral scent lingered. It seemed to be coming from the vent above.

1BCAE869-F6EA-4CA4-AE6F-177C319D39CF.jpeg

I didn’t feel like dealing with it tonight. I would put in another maintenance request in the morning.

Last edited:

erstwo

Sunday, con’t

✅ Mug
✅ Safari
✅ Satu’li Canteen
✅ Shopping

“We had a full Animal Kingdom experience. We even closed the park!” Em declared as we headed out.

View attachment 668184

View attachment 668185
Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling, surrounded by “bark” fondant, featuring the 50th anniversary logo.

“A cake that’s supposed to look like a tree stump?” I guessed, wondering why anyone would want to create a cake that resembles dead tree bark.

We cut our “petit” (shouldn’t there be an e on the end?) stump (cup)cake in half to share.

View attachment 668186

The “bark” fondant was :hungover:. The cake and buttercream were fine. And it was certainly easier to eat than the infamous Roaring S’more!

We checked the hot water situation since maintenance had visited earlier. (We knew someone had been in our room since since the master lighting switch was off!) Running the water for only a few seconds at the sinks and shower produced scalding hot water — a much needed improvement!

HOWEVER….

View attachment 668187

I didn’t feel like dealing with it tonight. I would put in another maintenance request in the morning.
No "e" on the end of petit four either! (But there is an "s" on the end of both words if you are talking about more than one petit four - which I have always thought was weird.)
Also, I am LOLing at saying (what would be pronounced in my American accent) "Petty Stump Cake" out loud. I'm betting they were going for a fancy name, but it's funny to me!

youngdeb

Sunday, con’t

✅ Mug
✅ Safari
✅ Satu’li Canteen
✅ Shopping

View attachment 668184

View attachment 668185

View attachment 668186

HOWEVER….

View attachment 668187

Both words in French are feminine, so therefore it should be "petite", but since the words are in English and this is an American company they likely just didn't care to be grammatically correct.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When there is a continual scent throughout hotel rooms, I wonder what other scent there is -- that they're trying to cover up? ;)
Teen Titans Go Perfume GIF by Cartoon Network EMEA

Both words in French are feminine, so therefore it should be "petite", but since the words are in English and this is an American company they likely just didn't care to be grammatically correct.
Sorry but no. Both words (I assume you are referring to cake (gateau) and four (oven)) are masculin so no e at the end of petit.
French GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom