We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Following along and enjoying the updates! Interested to see how the RV has done without you!
Not gonna lie, I’m a little worried.

As we were leaving Pigeon Forge, Mike couldn’t find his wallet. It took more than 20 minutes, during which time, I took the pup back into the RV A/C and gave her some water.

After we dropped the RV off at storage, I went to fill her water bowl at our next rest stop. I discovered that I hadn’t put it in our bag, so that means I left it in the trailer. For sure it spilled. Hopefully it was so hot that it evaporated quickly. That’s the best case scenario.

Hopefully no mice either. We didn’t leave a speck of food or garbage, and it’s not like they’d be seeking warmth yet. Also, Mike sprayed the entire outside with some kind of rodent repellent.

Fingers crossed on both counts.

PUSH

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
The new 12v cooler is cooling - takes 3 hours.

We are in the hotel room. It’s a 2-room suite, so we’re in the living room watching the Jays on the computer.

Because of the pup, we got switched from a King suite to a Double/Queen suite. Daisy will get to choose who she sleeps with.

Stay tuned.

F9FC7634-E5CC-4F15-8C52-D294A8E7CAED.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good bye Kentucky.
B8FC183C-626B-4BE2-A13E-D1786E80FE15.jpeg

Hello Tennessee.
FDEA4812-1D81-47BC-AEEB-41693639CBAF.jpeg

Looks the same as Kentucky! :joyfull:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Daisy’s legs are too short to jump up on the bed by herself, so I didn’t even make her choose.

I lifted onto her Mike’s bed, and gave her one of her tug toys. The two of them played tug and growled at each other for three minutes, and we were all sound asleep 30 seconds later.

Today’s travel plans are much easier. One at a time, we’ll check out the breakfast options at the hotel, hit the grocery store, and then go pick up the trailer.

The plan is to get to the far side of Atlanta and then set up for the night. We don’t have a reservation anywhere, as there are numerous sites still available at all of places we’re considering.

The place Mike really wants to stay is first come/first served/no reservations. Carroll’s Sausage and RV Park. $40/night and includes a $10 coupon toward breakfast in the morning. Pull through sites (just the way we like them!) with full hook ups, and no need to unhitch.

Have I mentioned how much I stress hitching and unhitching? When we are Pigeon Forge a few weeks ago, the less than ideal neighbours across the way could not get hitched. The slope wasn’t right and they couldn’t get the tongue to catch in the hitch. (Sometimes I make these terms up because I don’t really know what I’m taking about. Sometimes I do it for fun. In this case though, I do think tongue is the right word, and not just a play on “you’ve got to hold your tongue right”.) Anyway, it took them a very long time, maybe an hour, and they damaged their truck. It’s kind of like the take off and landing of a plane. 99.9% of the time everything goes fine, but if things are going to go kablooey, it’s then.

Okay Mike … alarms went off 40 minutes ago. Rise and shine. (Oh great, now I’m singing a VBS song in my head. If he doesn’t get up, I’m going to start singing it aloud; and nobody wants that, trust me.)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Breakfast was fine. Nuked sausages. Still not bad.

I was so excited because I saw a big crock pot full of oatmeal. I love cooked oatmeal. Oh wait, that’s no oatmeal - that’s sausage gravy for the biscuits. I’m probably going to get kicked out of here, but I’m not crazy about sausage and biscuits.

Mike likes it a lot, but apparently he didn’t get any.

Puppy didn’t eat (or sleep!) yesterday, so I cheated and shredded 1/8 of a sausage link into her kibble, and she gobbled it all up. She is so good on travel days, but there’s just so much to see from her armrest basket, that she never really snoozes or eats. We don’t feed her a lot of people food, but on travel days, she’s too out of her element to eat kibble, so a minuscule nibble of whatever we’re eating it is. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom