We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

Goofyernmost

The Where.
Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina.
(All pics taken from their website.)

While we were hunkered down in our room at Coronado Springs, this resort was completely obliterated by Hurricane Irma in 2017. Since then, everything has been rebuilt from the ground up. Like Baby Bo, everything is brand spanking new.

View attachment 662547View attachment 662548View attachment 662549View attachment 662550View attachment 662551View attachment 662552
Ah, yes! There's nothing like wilderness camping!

I love the Keys. I drove from Kissimmee to Key West on a whim and my entire trip to KW was in pouring rain. I arrived in Key West with no reservations only to realize that I was right in the middle of Spring Break. One night in a Radisson cost me more then 5 nights in Kissimmee. Anyway my trip back was incredible. I'll bet I stopped at just about every pull off along the way. It was a clear, sunny day and it was enamored by the ability to look to the east and see the Atlantic and west, not 40 feet away was the Gulf of Mexico. The color of the water was also mesmerizing. I planned on going back someday and spend more time in the area, but as life would have it, I never made it back. I hope your month is as relaxing as the place made me feel.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Fred is a celebrity.
Who knew?

John park hopper

Many years ago 1972 I was going to college in FL my best friend and his girlfriend (married her) came down from NY and we drove to the Keys and camped. I can remember we got some spiny lobsters and boiled them at the camp ground ---they were so good. Have been back many years later and like everything they have changed some good some bad but the water is still beautiful blue/green

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Who knew?

I did. 😂😂

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I developed a bit of a toothache last night. Discovered a sharp edge on my (second to back) molar - which already has a 40+ year old filling. My generation’s molars are all filling - originally amalgam, then replaced with composite.

My dentist office is closed every other Friday in the summer. Guess which Friday this is. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve been calling everywhere for an emergency last minute appointment. There are a few places that can see me today, but wont be able to do any needed work until next week.

Needless to say I am tripping. There are only two rules after getting a hip replacement.
1A) DO NOT FALL.
1B) DO NOT LEAVE ANY KIND OF INFECTION UNTREATED. (Infection goes straight to the implant, and the consequences are not good.)

I finally found somewhere that can see me late Sunday afternoon. Assuming I need a whole new filling, the freezing should start wearing off mere hours before we hit the road. Ugh!
Guess who got a root canal.

Just waiting for Rx, and then home to medicate and ice before the freezing wears off. And then final packing.

Liquid diet for the rest of the day.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am all packed. Mike is not.

Just took my second antibiotic … drinking a tea … and then it’s nap on the couch time.

I put fresh sheets on our bed, laundered the comforter and shams, and plugged the electric blanket back in.

When we get home, it will be Thanksgiving (our version of it), and it will probably be quite cool.

I don’t want to jinx it, but my mouth feels perfectly fine. There’s a ton of ice in the cooler so I can ice en route.

And that’s it. Catch you around 4:00 when we hit the road. I got a hug from one son already, and the other is on his way up to say goodbye. To the dog. (If you know my boys, you know exactly who did what.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
adopt best friends GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

I'm so sorry you're having tooth issues:( Hopefully the rc and meds do their job and your at least feeling better when you hit the road in the wee hours and are able to enjoy all the yummy vacation food that awaits you
It's the wee hours safe travels, don't forget the food and beverage pics and have a magical time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom