The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

tcool123

Why they didn't have more of that kind of cool stuff in Star Wars Land from the beginning, I'll never know!
They did, at least in Florida. Albeit it’s just a stormtrooper. For some context I had walked around Galaxies Edge to get from MuppetVision to Toy Story Land, and had noticed a stormtrooper up in the rocks and stuff. He actually followed me around the buildings and stuff, and this oicture is from the Toy Story to Star Wars buffer zone.

ED673B35-008D-4B27-8876-6DE8E20F49B6.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The little portrait studio on Main Street U.S.A. where lightning-quick artists armed with only scissors create hand-crafted paper cutout silhouettes of Disneyland visitors in less than a minute has returned for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic closed the park.

The Silhouette Studio at Disneyland will reopen at noon on Friday, Aug. 26, according to the Disneyland website.

The Silhouette Studio will be open from noon until 8 p.m. from Aug. 26 through Sept. 1. Starting on Sept. 2, the studio’s hours will be 8 a.m. to park close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and noon to 8 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays."

waltography

"The little portrait studio on Main Street U.S.A. where lightning-quick artists armed with only scissors create hand-crafted paper cutout silhouettes of Disneyland visitors in less than a minute has returned for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic closed the park.

The Silhouette Studio at Disneyland will reopen at noon on Friday, Aug. 26, according to the Disneyland website.

The Silhouette Studio will be open from noon until 8 p.m. from Aug. 26 through Sept. 1. Starting on Sept. 2, the studio’s hours will be 8 a.m. to park close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and noon to 8 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays."

Love the Silhouette Studio. Bracing at the thought of what the new prices might be...

Edit: MC is reporting the new cost is $11.99 compared to $9.99 before the pandemic; hope that extra cost is making its way back to the artists.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

So I spent the evening with my 2 daughters at Disneyland/DCA last night as my pass is expiring in 9 days. I must say that DL at night is an absolute nightmare once the entertainment begins. Just an absolute cluster to move around, especially after the first fantasmic and start of the fireworks. I can't imagine ever wanting to go back at night which sucks because that's really when Disneyland truly came alive for me. Overall, our visit truly cemented my decision to not renew my MK. Just really not enjoyable at all anymore. And yes, I saw a half dozen people wearing Unfavorable Mix t-shirts to which I just had to shake my head. People really do need to get a life (yes, i know i posted pics and links to the t-shirts but to actually wear one? Ugh).

100% agree, the nighttime entertainment disrupts the park way too dramatically. I’m typically reluctant to express this opinion around Disneyland fans because people love the parades, fireworks, and Fantasmic so much — and I get that, but personally I’d enjoy the park more without them (truly just my own opinion — not saying Disney *needs to* end nighttime spectaculars or anything like that).

I visited the park on a Saturday in December 2021 and stayed until midnight and, without a parade or Fantasmic, it was almost dreamlike being in the park when it was so late, so quiet and peaceful, so comfortable in terms of crowds/crowd flow.

Got an Enchant Key in April and visited the park on two separate Friday nights and it was absolute chaos. CMs shouting; entitled guests not listening (while treating Main Street like their living room); adult Disney fans running through the park like unsupervised preteens; repeatedly getting “stuck” in spaces due to the MSEP, with its irritating music blasting unendingly (my apologies to fans of the MSEP). It’s just not for me. I’ve resolved, going forward, to visit only during mornings, which are still typically pretty quiet.

J4546

i agree nighttime shows make the main street core of the park a nightmare, but everywhere else in the park is much sparser because of it, so its a fair tradeoff imo

Disney Analyst

I would just say, plan your night accordingly if you wish to avoid the show crowds. Hop into line for a ride right before a show, or go to an area of the park not impacted.

Definitely not impossible to avoid :)

mickEblu

Original Poster
100% agree, the nighttime entertainment disrupts the park way too dramatically. I’m typically reluctant to express this opinion around Disneyland fans because people love the parades, fireworks, and Fantasmic so much — and I get that, but personally I’d enjoy the park more without them (truly just my own opinion — not saying Disney *needs to* end nighttime spectaculars or anything like that).

I visited the park on a Saturday in December 2021 and stayed until midnight and, without a parade or Fantasmic, it was almost dreamlike being in the park when it was so late, so quiet and peaceful, so comfortable in terms of crowds/crowd flow.

Got an Enchant Key in April and visited the park on two separate Friday nights and it was absolute chaos. CMs shouting; entitled guests not listening (while treating Main Street like their living room); adult Disney fans running through the park like unsupervised preteens; repeatedly getting “stuck” in spaces due to the MSEP, with its irritating music blasting unendingly (my apologies to fans of the MSEP). It’s just not for me. I’ve resolved, going forward, to visit only during mornings, which are still typically pretty quiet.

Yeah as an AP I have to agree and I guess it’s easy for us to say because we ve seen all the entertainment at least once. Still, the parks are much enjoyable at night without the parades, spectaculars etc. With that said that’s a whole lot of people queued up watching stuff so if one can time attractions to be out of the way during the pre, during and post show times it can be an advantage. Just try to be in Galaxies Edge or do Autopia and Space Mountain. Or HM, Splash and Pooh. Obviously be in these areas at least 30 min before the madness.

Phroobar

Yeah as an AP I have to agree and I guess it’s easy for us to say because we ve seen all the entertainment at least once. Still, the parks are much enjoyable at night without the parades, spectaculars etc. With that said that’s a whole lot of people queued up watching stuff so if one can time attractions to be out of the way during the pre, during and post show times it can be an advantage. Just try to be in Galaxies Edge or do Autopia and Space Mountain. Or HM, Splash and Pooh. Obviously be in these areas at least 30 min before the madness.
That is the way I always played it. I hated crossing the park at that time.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I would just say, plan your night accordingly if you wish to avoid the show crowds. Hop into line for a ride right before a show, or go to an area of the park not impacted.

Definitely not impossible to avoid :)

Totally, I’m just whining and saying I’d prefer not to have to navigate or think about it at all, haha.

I’d prefer to stroll through Main Street, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and New Orleans Square and be able to soak up the nighttime vibes without having to think about the nighttime shows at all — IMO each land loses something when there’s so much time/space devoted to setting up and then running the parade/show, or when hordes of people keep flooding into the land or amassing in one space because a path has been roped off.

But again, just my (admittedly curmudgeonly) opinion. I even feel a little agitated just being told which tunnel I can enter through when I show up to the park around 7 or 8 pm. Takes away from the escapism for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom