What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not every new ride needs to be ground breaking.
I think the problem is the hype machine…

They used to add a C with little fanfare…”new this year” on the tv spots.

Now they are building overpriced C/D rides and presenting them as “amazing earth shattering E five years in the making”
They need Cs…like 3 per park to thin out the crowd crunch.

I’d suggest that exactly 2 Es have opened in the last 10 years. They’ve claimed about 8

J4546

Now they are building overpriced C/D rides and presenting them as “amazing earth shattering E five years in the making”
They need Cs…like 3 per park to thin out the crowd crunch.

I’d suggest that exactly 2 Es have opened in the last 10 years. They’ve claimed about 8
what are the 2 vs 8? im just curious

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven't been on guardians yet but rise is superior to fop which itself is a great ride.
Nope. Opinions vary.

Not only is it pretty bland - as these wondrous trackless are - and notoriously overdesigned…the IP needs to change like yesterday. They built it to a 3 movie block that is a dumpster fire. Time will only reinforce that reality.

But I tend to just say it

They put a lot of effort into it…I just find it lacking.

Dan Deesnee

I mean, just look at this photo from Bioreconstruct’s Twitter feed. Epic Universe is rising at an impressive rate.
View attachment 661684
It would behoove management to realize that the example of an empire that sits on its former glories and dismisses challengers is right inside one of their own attractions.
View attachment 661685

I literally could not POSSIBLY agree with you more. Many on here say Disney doesn't care. Many also said Epic Universe will get halted and delayed which obviously ever happened to Abby great extent. When you have your main competition starting to sweat, you throw more punches.

Look at the attendance data. Universal and SeaWorld are gaining ground while Disney has made many public PR missteps and can't seem to make any of their fans happy lately.

I hope for huge announcements next month but I've been burned too many times.

Pride goeth before fall, etc. etc.

the_rich

Nope. Opinions vary.

Not only is it pretty bland - as these wondrous trackless are - and notoriously overdesigned…the IP needs to change like yesterday. They built it to a 3 movie block that is a dumpster fire. Time will only reinforce that reality.

We'll agree to disagree. I enjoy it immensely and I brought a friend who is a star wars nerd and hates the new trilogy but thinks it's the best ride he's ever been on.

Jrb1979

I literally could not POSSIBLY agree with you more. Many on here say Disney doesn't care. Many also said Epic Universe will get halted and delayed which obviously ever happened to Abby great extent. When you have your main competition starting to sweat, you throw more punches.

Look at the attendance data. Universal and SeaWorld are gaining ground while Disney has made many public PR missteps and can't seem to make any of their fans happy lately.

I hope for huge announcements next month but I've been burned too many times.

Pride goeth before fall, etc. etc.
As I've said before I'm glad to see SeaWorld and Universal make gains on Disney.

UNCgolf

Just my opinion. Guardians and flight of passage

A lot of “D” after that

For me, Guardians is a D. The preshows might potentially be good enough for an E, but the ride content itself is middling. I don't even think it's the best coaster at Disney.

Of course I grade it based on the themed content as opposed to the physical thrill, because that generally merits a shrug from me. I don't love Space Mountain either, although I probably would like Guardians more if it was focused just on space without everything else (even though I love Guardians as an IP).

Last edited:

seabreezept813

Nope. Opinions vary.

We enjoyed it, but I agree something was off.. for such a developed ride, it wasn’t thrilling at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We enjoyed it, but I agree something was off.. for such a developed ride, it wasn’t thrilling at all.
It’s really just an elaborate flat ride. I couldn’t shake the idea…still can’t…that WDI is trying to copy one of the potter rides?

They kinda put all their chips in the “abrams” basket. It’s a living monument to how Disney management doesn’t really get their IP in this case.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I agree with you... I'd just (personal opinion) swap Guardians and ROTR... And I'm neither a Marvel or SW fan.

I agree with you... Some attractions need just as much advertisement as Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy... If everything in New Fantasyland wasn't so dramatically hyped up, everything in there would have honestly been a pretty pleasant surprise.

(Personal opinion... I'd swap Guardians and ROTR... And I'm neither a Marvel or SW fan.)

Dan Deesnee

It’s really just an elaborate flat ride. I couldn’t shake the idea…still can’t…that WDI is trying to copy one of the potter rides?

They kinda put all their chips in the “abrams” basket. It’s a living monument to how Disney management doesn’t really get their IP in this case.

Agree completely. Rise is exceedingly overrated. No thrill, minimally interesting tech that honestly doesn't even look that good, sub par animatronics (and barely any at that).

I like the concept and the ride transitions for different experiences but the way people talk about it you would think it was some kind miracle ride that leaves all riders forever changed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom