Disney Wish

SJN1279

Some thoughts

- All the clubs, movie theaters, and basically all areas of the ship are well themed, but very small. Way too small.

-Loved the restaurants, all very cool and well themed.

-My son loved the Oceaneers Club (8 years old)

-All cast members on board were super nice

-Funnelvision is much improved and very clear. You can even see the movie play from Castaway Key.

-Aquamouse is a terrific ride. A theme park attraction on a cruise ship. So fun!

-Overall had a great time!

DCLcruiser

Some thoughts

- All the clubs, movie theaters, and basically all areas of the ship are well themed, but very small. Way too small.

-Loved the restaurants, all very cool and well themed.

-My son loved the Oceaneers Club (8 years old)

-All cast members on board were super nice

-Funnelvision is much improved and very clear. You can even see the movie play from Castaway Key.

-Aquamouse is a terrific ride. A theme park attraction on a cruise ship. So fun!

-Overall had a great time!
Which space was the nightclub for dancing? Bayou?

I believe these are all of the adult beverage areas:
  • Bayou - Main lounge (PatF theme)
  • Nightingale's - Piano Bar
  • SW Hyperspace - Cocktail lounge
  • Keg & Compass - Pub (Viking theme)
  • The Rose - Pre-dinner lounge
  • Hook's Barbery - Hidden whiskey bar in the barbershop
  • Currents - Pool bar (DotD please!)

Disney Analyst

This is brutal. And while I’m not familiar with his YT channel, he’s quite well known in Disney circles.

I was shocked, as I've seen videos of the brunch experience at Remy, and it has always been praised. I wonder if this was just a mix of factors resulting in a truly subpar experience?

Apparently the dinner on The Wish is still incredible.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was shocked, as I've seen videos of the brunch experience at Remy, and it has always been praised. I wonder if this was just a mix of factors resulting in a truly subpar experience?

Apparently the dinner on The Wish is still incredible.
The brunch may still be incredible.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One gets the impression the Wish wasn’t ready, they delayed several weeks, and it still wasn’t ready but they could not dare to delay again. Let’s hope reviews improve in a month. This is why I generally avoid cruising on the first few sailings of a new ship.
Amen. I'm on the Wish in mid-September. Enchante brunch is booked. Hopefully they straighten out before I get there.

joanna71985

Here's a full review of the Kaiburr Crystal Cocktail experience (actual price $5900 with 18% auto gratuity) -

oh dang. I can't imagine paying that much for a drink

One gets the impression the Wish wasn’t ready, they delayed several weeks, and it still wasn’t ready but they could not dare to delay again. Let’s hope reviews improve in a month. This is why I generally avoid cruising on the first few sailings of a new ship.

I'm looking forward to sailing in September

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Not really familiar with this youtuber, but a brutal review of Brunch.

I appreciate the candor and honesty in this review. But this does reinforce a comment my friend made a few months ago that what I consider brunch (aka chicken-n-waffles) isn't actually brunch 😂 That's a lot of fancy food for me.

EOD K9

Hey everyone, I just got off the Wish and Fantasy and it was great to be able compare them back to back. The Wish did a lot of things right and could do better.
The Wish has much brighter colors around most of it.
The Laundry room on deck 8 is fantastic.
The stairs are wider.
Marceline Market has better food in my opinion and the kids‘ counter in there was a great idea.
The lights to the bathroom are on the inside and there is a nightlight in there as well.
We really enjoyed the MDRs as well. It seems that a lot of people dressed in 1920s garb on their 1923 night. It was cool to see.

There is less storage in the desk/vanity in your room.
Mickey’s Mainsail is too narrow as is off of deck 5 and can’t widen out.
Guest services is in the middle of the deck 4 hall so people are transiting and mixing with the line. It disturbs the flow. The pools seems smaller and not as deep.

It’s a beautiful ship, and I wouldn’t not sail on her again, but I don’t think it’s my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom