Disney Wish

SJN1279

On the Wish now, Platinum Cruiser.

So far
Positives:
Aquamouse is fantastic
Marvel dinner was pretty cool
I liked my food, my wife didn't care for hers.

Negatives
-No show on the second night(showing Thor instead) Totally unacceptable.
-First show was truncated and low budget. Entertaining but not grand.
-Oceaneer Club has limited activities for kids. No video games, which my 8 year old loves. He lived in the Infinity Room on the Dream
No slime, and just limited group activities in general
-No walking Deck
-Two movie theaters, but limited movies being shown

Will tell you more, as I see more.

EOD K9

I understand what you said by no walking deck, but what do you mean there isn't a walking deck? Is there anything resembling one that you would find on the other four?

ToTBellHop

Bad move DCL…..
Every cruise line has different classes of ships with pros and cons. I appreciate variety from DCL. I’ve yet to see any cruise line build the perfect ship. Wish excels in some areas while missing in others. Like every ship. I applaud them for going in a new direction here. I’m sure they will make updates to her forthcoming sisters based upon commentary from guests and then change some things here in 5 years when it drydocks.

This is very typical for a new ship class.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Every cruise line has different classes of ships with pros and cons. I appreciate variety from DCL. I’ve yet to see any cruise line build the perfect ship. Wish excels in some areas while missing in others. Like every ship. I applaud them for going in a new direction here. I’m sure they will make updates to her forthcoming sisters based upon commentary from guests and then change some things here in 5 years when it drydocks.

This is very typical for a new ship class.
I'll sail.on the Wish in September and will reserve judgement until then, but the lack of a single-deck walking track ("aka, the promenade deck") will be a major detractor, IMO.

ToTBellHop

I'll sail.on the Wish in September and will reserve judgement until then, but the lack of a single-deck walking track ("aka, the promenade deck") will be a major detractor, IMO.
I agree that it’s a surprising choice. My wife and I really enjoy evening strolls on the promenade or top deck track that the Wish oddly excludes. So much of the top deck was given to the rich people rooms…

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I agree that it’s a surprising choice. My wife and I really enjoy evening strolls on the promenade or top deck track that the Wish oddly excludes. So much of the top deck was given to the rich people rooms…
I usually do a morning "stroll" to work off all the food.

May have to add to the vacation budget to allow for new wardrobe when I get home. :mad:

Has there been a date announced when character meet and greets on the ship are going back to normal. I've been watching Jojo's and Kyle's vlogs and was surprised to see the characters are still socially distant. Makes zero sense when they are back to normal in the parks. We are going on the Wish in the fall and hope to see this changed by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom