Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Disney Glimpses

Non-sense.

Forcing everyone to wait to the same time just concentrates when people do actually park-hop.. instead of being more randomized through the day.

Unless you are suggesting they need 6hrs to get through their normal opening crowd loads... lol
Staffing levels fluctuate throughout the day; that's why the 2pm rule exists. This is the stated reason for it internally.

Lil Copter Cap

I am saying if the 2pm rule didn't exist, these crowds would be exasperated even further. Park Pass capacity is designed to handle a set number of rope droppers and then some part timers drop off mid-morning. Staffing at the gates increase again around 2pm.
This makes total sense and I didn't really think about the two needing each other. The Park Pass Reservation System and the 2PM Park Hopping restrictions go hand-in-hand.

Remove the 2PM requirement, and you have people tapping into EPCOT in the morning, pivoting seconds later back through the gate, and on their way to MK via monorail. Crowd management is nonexistent in this scenario.

If I ever needed confirmation that the 2PM restriction wasn't going away....this is it.

Disney Glimpses

This makes total sense and I didn't really think about the two needing each other. The Park Pass Reservation System and the 2PM Park Hopping restrictions go hand-in-hand.

Remove the 2PM requirement, and you have people tapping into EPCOT in the morning, pivoting seconds later back through the gate, and on their way to MK via monorail. Crowd management is nonexistent in this scenario.

If I ever needed confirmation that the 2PM restriction wasn't going away....this is it.
AFAIK it is the first thing that will go away at some point this year but they need to beef up staffing late morning into the afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom