News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sir_Cliff

To be honest, reading that transcript underlined for me why I think he was probably a pretty good CEO for Disney for the time he was elevated to the position, even if he was bad for the parks. Again, this won't be a popular opinion here, but I think he was probably right that Disney needed to become big enough to compete with and not be swallowed up by companies like Apple who can just throw money away on streaming services.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be honest, reading that transcript underlined for me why I think he was probably a pretty good CEO for Disney for the time he was elevated to the position, even if he was bad for the parks. Again, this won't be a popular opinion here, but I think he was probably right that Disney needed to become big enough to compete with and not be swallowed up by companies like Apple who can just throw money away on streaming services.
There’s a certain logic to this

overall I would say his record was good.

handling parks and IP? No…at least his subordinates sucked and that was on him at a minimum

UNCgolf

I've always felt this way. I think he was a bad CEO for anyone who cares about Disney parks, but a pretty good CEO for the company as a whole.

JoeCamel

I've always felt this way. I think he was a bad CEO for anyone who cares about Disney parks, but a pretty good CEO for the company as a whole.
I don't think anyone would say he didn't advance Disney to a world power but at what price. The parks were never his thing and it showed. Too bad the parks and cel animation were the heart of the company. Bob never got that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think anyone would say he didn't advance Disney to a world power but at what price. The parks were never his thing and it showed. Too bad the parks and cel animation were the heart of the company. Bob never got that.
The previous guy favored entertainment for all ages, core animation and parks as a vessel to expand the brand influence…

…see the difference?

Cesar R M

Trying to make money off nothing has always lead to the exploitation of fools over the course of human history
And this is exactly what just happened.
Big whales are trying to cash as much money into fiat as possible.
Even Musky already cashed in.
Now the problem is, there is no enough fiat in the traders to exchange the inflated crypto prices.. specially the Ethereum that powers most NFTs.
To resume, speculators pulled a Wall Street cash in, and the rest of poor fools who are invested (smaller companies) are trying to lure idiots to buy crypto so they can cash out.

From twitter:
1643646508713.png

Stripes

Iger thinks the streaming wars are over. He categorizes pricing leverage over consumers as abuse. And he talks about companies needing to be a place where people want to work with competitive wages.

Transcript it too long to put behind a spoiler, but an incognito window should work to get around any paywall.
I’m surprised he said yes to an interview by Kara Swisher. I watched a panel Iger was on with Swisher as the host…yikes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
She’s tough…and good…but I imagine that spray tan Bob is trying to “legitimize” himself with the Main Street after he used THR as his secretary/mouthpiece for decades?

now they only get lucasfilm to pick up 😉

Guessing there were a few "requests" made in order for Bob 1.0 to agree to be interviewed.

JoeCamel

This is the natural precursor to his 2024 run for president. It's all coming together as expected.
Stock market sucks as a place to put your money now, growing companies? Might make a nice return.

@Brian liked this before I edited

eta: these people generated $472,000 in sales each for the company. Sounds like a money pit making products no one needs.
A natural for a guy that sold vacations which generated beau coup revenue no one has to take for the last 20 years but I doubt they will do much more than attend a board meeting or two.

Funko Holdings LLC is located in Everett, WA, United States and is part of the Miscellaneous Durable Goods Merchant Wholesalers Industry. Funko Holdings LLC has 252 total employees across all of its locations and generates $119.40 million in sales (USD). (Sales figure is modelled). There are 13 companies in the Funko Holdings LLC corporate family.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom