News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

EPCOT-O.G.

For those watching the stock price…

B9C83457-B778-4579-A67B-822BE0E1CEDA.jpeg
CCF4ADCE-0ECB-4145-A561-439192B9BC48.jpeg

Now, they’re announcing earnings next week. And the rest of the market looks bad. But this is not a good trend

Brian

View attachment 637330View attachment 637331

Now, they’re announcing earnings next week. And the rest of the market looks bad. But this is not a good trend
Much has been made about their controversies in Florida, and I don't doubt that is playing a factor. But what is weighing more than any other factor on the stock is the concern amongst investors about D+ subscriber growth/losses. If Netflix is any indicator of the overall strength of the streaming market, Disney should be seeing a similar loss. I think that a similar loss to Netflix's is built into the current stock price. If the numbers aren't as bad, there will likely be a post-earnings jump.

Then again, we're headed for a likely recession, so any kind of post-earnings jump in stock price will likely be short lived.

EPCOT-O.G.

Much has been made about their controversies in Florida, and I don't doubt that is playing a factor. But what is weighing more than any other factor on the stock is the concern amongst investors about D+ subscriber growth/losses. If Netflix is any indicator of the overall strength of the streaming market, Disney should be seeing a similar loss. I think that a similar loss to Netflix's is built into the current stock price. If the numbers aren't as bad, there will likely be a post-earnings jump.

Then again, we're headed for a likely recession, so any kind of post-earnings jump in stock price will likely be short lived.
I agree with all of this. I don’t think the “DSG” bill has factored into much of this (other than being a general sign of his incompetence and inability to navigate a tricky area for the company). I think this is all D+, and the general market downturn. If there is a view that were in the throes of a recession - and there is plenty of evidence all around us of that - then that could affect the company given the loss of extra discretionary spending. I think their numbers as compared to 1 or 2 years ago will look great FWIW.

Brian

I agree with all of this. I don’t think the “DSG” bill has factored into much of this (other than being a general sign of his incompetence and inability to navigate a tricky area for the company). I think this is all D+, and the general market downturn. If there is a view that were in the throes of a recession - and there is plenty of evidence all around us of that - then that could affect the company given the loss of extra discretionary spending. I think their numbers as compared to 1 or 2 years ago will look great FWIW.
I should clarify by saying that it's not necessarily the direct impact of the Florida controversies, but the public sentiment about them, and investors concerned about future revenue loss that may bring. It also speaks, as you say, to the incompetence of Chapek's leadership, and that too rattles investors. All told, that's still, at least in my estimation, a fairly small drag on the stock price.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I should clarify by saying that it's not necessarily the direct impact of the Florida controversies, but the public sentiment about them, and investors concerned about future revenue loss that may bring. It also speaks, as you say, to the incompetence of Chapek's leadership, and that too rattles investors. All told, that's still, at least in my estimation, a fairly small drag on the stock price.
Staaahppp…

Everyone knows that the Florida thing is a stunt at this point.

Wall Street also knows chapek is a yutz..he has zero backing in Hollywood…and there’s a slowdown in the economy coming if not worse

Don’t need the fbi to investigate this one.

Sue Arnold is gonna get her moment soon. Come on, Pittsburgh Lady!!!

brb1006

I remember watching Disney's Annual Meeting of Shareholders Webcast three months ago (March 6, 2022), and I've never seen that amount of angry questions Disney gained from Investors. Really curious to see how the May 11 one will turn out.

brb1006

Just created a dedicated thread for next weeks' earnings Webcast.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just created a dedicated thread for next weeks' earnings Webcast.
1. That is not a link to a forum thread.

2. A thread already exists...

Phil12

In reality it's a great trend. Smart investors will time the market and look for the lowest point for Disney stock (as well as other stocks) and then buy, buy, buy! You've got to make the most of inflation. Buy low and sell high is the fundamental way to make money in the markets.

JoeCamel

In reality it's a great trend. Smart investors will time the market and look for the lowest point for Disney stock (as well as other stocks) and then buy, buy, buy! You've got to make the most of inflation. Buy low and sell high is the fundamental way to make money in the markets.
Or be like Bob and retire selling half your holdings after running the stock up by 100%
How long ago was this a $111 stock and investors thought it was the wave of the future? (3/19) ~$100 is about the norm for TWDC valuation, it was boosted by buybacks and dividends during Bob's tenure to be astronomical but has settled back to a more realistic valuation along with many of the easy money stocks.
I don't like Bob but I do admire his acumen

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Or be like Bob and retire selling half your holdings after running the stock up by 100%
How long ago was this a $111 stock and investors thought it was the wave of the future? (3/19) ~$100 is about the norm for TWDC valuation, it was boosted by buybacks and dividends during Bob's tenure to be astronomical but has settled back to a more realistic valuation along with many of the easy money stocks.
I don't like Bob but I do admire his acumen
Still overpriced at $110. Probably another $20 drop before investors really start buying back in. Chapek’s PR blunders have a lot of people holding back. That $20 drop could be enough to push the BoD to make a change.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's Bob Chapek speaking at the Indiana University Undergraduate Commencement ceremony - he is introduced around the 22 minute mark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom