News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Notes from Neverland

Looks like whatever this was supposed to be is no longer in the plans.
1651770772122.png

AshaNeOmah

A central grassy area - a hub, if you will - where pathways radiate out towards roller coasters, thrill rides, and attractions based off of the company's recent animated classics.

The conversion of EPCOT to a castle park is complete!
We need a Spaceship Earth fireworks show to replace Harmonious.

Projection map IP on the globe with movie soundtracks... How could you not love the idea?

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Parks Blog post has gone up.

Here's how Disney describes the new CommuniCore areas -

"This all surrounds CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza, a multi-use facility and outdoor event space, respectively, that bring the park’s international festivals to the center of EPCOT. CommuniCore Plaza will have the flexibility to host intimate musical performances that extend out into the nearby gardens, as you can see in the rendering above, as well as large-scale concerts.

CommuniCore Hall will be a flexible exhibition and gallery space, offering a wide variety of experiences that highlight art, live music, food – complete with a demonstration kitchen – and more. In addition, adjacent to CommuniCore Hall will be a new Mickey & Friends location where you can meet some of your favorite Disney pals.

This new facility, which you can see in the upper-right side of this rendering, is inspired by the original EPCOT aesthetic apparent throughout the park’s transformation, including the timeless triangular geometry most prominently featured in Spaceship Earth. Even the CommuniCore name reaches back to the origins of EPCOT while also emphasizing the park’s central idea of community."

aladdin2007

It mentions Spaceship Earth, but nothing of its reimagining.
really thinking now that all of this is nothing but a "pretty" project, to fix the mess someone else started. And yet spending millions on all this while the attractions themselves are left to rot with no budgets...Spaceship Earth, Imagination etc....but make darn sure everything else is pretty for instagram, social media, and drinking/concerts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I the only one who doesn't care about Festivals? This design is very nice, but couldn't these events just be held at Disney Springs? EPCOT needs more rides/pavilions.
Bingo.

But they cost money. They’ve just wasted hundreds of millions to demolish the middle of the park for a splash pad and bar that they’re not now building (thank god) and attempting to build something new that looks like it half used to.

Bocabear

I am confused...So is Dreamers Point now the entire centyral plaza? Or what looks to be elevated beds at the back of the plaza? And the Walt statue will be back there? Because someone else was saying it would be near the central (not a fountain) planter and display area... This just seems like an underwhelming mess.

Bocabear

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Festivals? This design is very nice, but couldn't these events just be held at Disney Springs? EPCOT needs more rides/pavilions.
I agree completely... The festivals used to be fun years ago too...when they were not the focus of the whole park, but something nice as an addition...but to pay a park's admission for food kiosks seems ridiculous to me...But would sure be a fun addition to Disney Springs...

EPCOT-O.G.

Bingo.

But they cost money. They’ve just wasted hundreds of millions to demolish the middle of the park for a splash pad and bar that they’re not now building (thank god) and attempting to build something new that looks like it half used to.
Do we think this is an acknowledgment that the pre-COVID era type corporate events may not be coming back as they had expected, and hence the ROI on something like this is not there?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do we think this is an acknowledgment that the pre-COVID era type corporate events may not be coming back as they had expected, and hence the ROI on something like this is not there?
I’d hope they finally realised the chosen option was pointless. A little too late for CCore west but they’ll always be reminded of the fact until they move to their next employer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom