Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH. The number of new deaths reported from the last report to this report is 162.

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.24.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.24.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.25.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.25.18 PM.png

Data for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.25.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.25.49 PM.png

Vegas Disney Fan

It's goin to be a paaarrrtttyyyy!!
I'm 600 miles away and not sure if it's far enough.

Similar will be happening in bars, restaurants, clubs, and homes all over your city (regardless of where you live), just on a smaller scale.

Let the games begin, Omicron is about to get crazy.

Lilofan

Similar will be happening in bars, restaurants, clubs, and homes all over your city (regardless of where you live), just on a smaller scale.

The over the counter meds in the pharmacies and supermarkets are starting to get cleaned out.

sullyinMT

Yup. And the unvaxxed will overrun our hospitals for the next 6 weeks. All of us will probably suffer a little and maybe miss a day or two of work. It’s gonna be awesome! Happy new year!

*I’m not angry at you. Just piggybacking the sentiment. It’s gonna be a rough road for a bit.

James J

In the Parks
No
The over the counter meds in the pharmacies and supermarkets are starting to get cleaned out.
Yep, noticed that today at Target here in Myrtle Beach where all of the cold and flu stuff was gone. Thankfully we've stayed safe and masked whilst out and about here, and are hoping for no flight disruption on Monday when we head back to the UK...

hopemax

Updates from CO... In amazing news, at this morning's press conference, there were no reported fatalities from the fire, and even more shockingly, there were no active missing persons reports. There was 1 missing person who was located. No guarantee that it will stay that way, but the Sheriff was obviously blown away and said he expected that given how fast this happened, and how many people lived in the area that they would have a list of 150 people. And as I'm typing this the restaurant we feared was lost is still standing, though there is obvious smoke and potential roof damage and the owner is eager to get back as soon as they are able.

Also my Dad is positive for COVID on his PCR. So we expect we are too, and it was too early to show up on the rapid tests we took. This is a weird illness. I felt really knocked out with the fever and sore throat in the first 12 hours. The cough showed up today and now I have laryngitis. Lots of post-nasal drip but no stuffed or runny nose. No brain fog, or stuffed head feelings like I normally get with a cold. Still an elevated temperature but only a degree, not the 3 degrees + chills at the beginning. I could really use a slushy drink. If I still had my Snoopy Sno-Cone machine I would be pulling it out. It's 6 days post symptoms for my Dad and he sounds pretty back to normal, so I hope we are post the worst of it. DH is seeing the silver lining... he is no longer concerned about going to the movie theater (he wants to see the new Spider-Man) once we complete our isolation.

JoeCamel

Updates from CO... In amazing news, at this morning's press conference, there were no reported fatalities from the fire, and even more shockingly, there were no active missing persons reports. There was 1 missing person who was located. No guarantee that it will stay that way, but the Sheriff was obviously blown away and said he expected that given how fast this happened, and how many people lived in the area that they would have a list of 150 people. And as I'm typing this the restaurant we feared was lost is still standing, though there is obvious smoke and potential roof damage and the owner is eager to get back as soon as they are able.

Also my Dad is positive for COVID on his PCR. So we expect we are too, and it was too early to show up on the rapid tests we took. This is a weird illness. I felt really knocked out with the fever and sore throat in the first 12 hours. The cough showed up today and now I have laryngitis. Lots of post-nasal drip but no stuffed or runny nose. No brain fog, or stuffed head feelings like I normally get with a cold. Still an elevated temperature but only a degree, not the 3 degrees + chills at the beginning. I could really use a slushy drink. If I still had my Snoopy Sno-Cone machine I would be pulling it out. It's 6 days post symptoms for my Dad and he sounds pretty back to normal, so I hope we are post the worst of it. DH is seeing the silver lining... he is no longer concerned about going to the movie theater (he wants to see the new Spider-Man) once we complete our isolation.
Wow! They lost so much (over a thousand homes burned in an afternoon) but to not lose a life is a miracle.
Hope you all have mild cases and recover soon

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I manage a team of 12 people and we had gotten through the past two years without any of them testing positive for COVID, but over the past couple days two have already tested positive. I decided to have all of them work from home for at least one more week in case there are any other holiday infections.

hopemax

Wow! They lost so much (over a thousand homes burned in an afternoon) but to not lose a life is a miracle.
Hope you all have mild cases and recover soon
No kidding!

I have many things I could say, but I will stick with... if you are not signed up with your local Emergency Notification / CodeRED system do it. Even if you think whatever natural disaster / emergency is likely to affect other parts of your county and not where you are because it's built up.

DisneyCane

Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH. The number of new deaths reported from the last report to this report is 162.

View attachment 610983View attachment 610984View attachment 610985View attachment 610986

Data for Orange County -

View attachment 610987View attachment 610988
33.6% of the fully vaccinated have gotten boosters. Still nobody really taking 5-11 year old children for shots. At 15%, this obviously cuts across all political, racial and ethnic categories.

As for cases, I'd expect increases for another two weeks and then hopefully a peak and rapid decline based on South Africa.

correcaminos

33.6% of the fully vaccinated have gotten boosters. Still nobody really taking 5-11 year old children for shots. At 15%, this obviously cuts across all political, racial and ethnic categories.

As for cases, I'd expect increases for another two weeks and then hopefully a peak and rapid decline based on South Africa.
It does. I have some very pro-vax friends who didn't vaccinate yet. Not sure what the reasoning was. Now lots of people with sick little ones. So far not bad off fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom