News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

seascape

Today's NY Times reported yesterdays Florida report on Covid19. It was better but only a tiny drop in cases. Glorida is averaging 13.25 cases per 100k down from 13.35. Today will hopefully be a better number bringing the cases below 13. In any case Florida is still number 3, just behind CT. Plus NJ is back in the top 10 at 18 cases per 100k. NY is also improving and is at 17th place with 23 cases per 100k.

corsairk09

My guess is that a majority of potential WDW visitors would prefer not to have the mask mandate, but that group is also less likely to base their decision whether to go on the mask mandate.
I agree. I am of the belief that since I am vaccinated, I don't need a mask. I live in Florida... so haven't really worn a mask since I was vaccinated. However, wearing a mask isn't a big enough deal to cancel my trip... ESPECIALLY since you don't have to wear one outside. We went in September 2020 and wore masks outside in the heat....... that was brutal. However, it was one of my favorite Disney trips due to low attendance, easy planning, and short wait times.

All that to say that yes, I believe you are right. :)

Trauma

A3A792DF-5C96-45C1-842C-47C934BE76E3.png
The guests at Yee Ha Bob again point out clearly how concerned WDW guests are with masking.

I’ll wait patiently for someone to point out they are dining so it’s ok. I sometimes forget that Covid doesn’t spread if your at a table.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
View attachment 593760The guests at Yee Ha Bob again point out clearly how concerned WDW guests are with masking.

I’ll wait patiently for someone to point out they are dining so it’s ok. I sometimes forget that Covid doesn’t spread if your at a table.
If you’re at a table eating and drinking, you can take your mask off. That’s the rule everywhere. Not sure what else to say.

Chip Chipperson

View attachment 593760The guests at Yee Ha Bob again point out clearly how concerned WDW guests are with masking.

They could close all indoor dining and make guests eat at whatever outdoor seating is available or take it back to their rooms. Would that satisfy you?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Everyone should bring a mini table and chair with them whenever they go.

We will no longer need mitigation and the virus should be gone in a week.
the argument is that wearing masks indoors except while eating is more helpful than wearing no masks at all. You prevent where you can. Thats their stance and the stance of the CDC.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
They could close all indoor dining and make guests eat at whatever outdoor seating is available or take it back to their rooms. Would that satisfy you?
I think the poster's point was that many people who are visiting WDW at this time are comfortable being in close quarters not wearing masks. If I recall, the discussion started when someone suggested that a lot of people are choosing to go to WDW because they feel safer with an indoor mask requirement. I get the feeling that people who are concerned about COVID and masking are probably not the ones visiting now. But with so many people, it's hard to generalize.

yonafunu

I take it you’re not going then.
Wrong... i was a passholder at Paris, and went dozens of time even during Covid (and so even with masks). With a limited capacity, and masks outdoor, plexiglass everywhere, castle in repair, not so much show, and of course price the same, it's just a shame.
I'm not antivaxx, was vaccinated as soon as possible here at Montréal. I'm scientist, trusting science. I always wear a mask indoors, less outdoor now.
If i say it's a totally nonsense the mask policy at Disney Paris, it is.
But maybe it's easier to criticize everyone who putting in doubt masks policies.
You should go to Disney Paris to experience yourself instead of making joke here.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wrong... i was a passholder at Paris, and went dozens of time even during Covid (and so even with masks). With a limited capacity, and masks outdoor, plexiglass everywhere, castle in repair, not so much show, and of course price the same, it's just a shame.
I'm not antivaxx, was vaccinated as soon as possible here at Montréal. I'm scientist, trusting science. I always wear a mask indoors, less outdoor now.
If i say it's a totally nonsense the mask policy at Disney Paris, it is.
But maybe it's easier to criticize everyone who putting in doubt masks policies.
You should go to Disney Paris to experience yourself instead of making joke here.
I got back from Disneyland Paris three weeks ago. Had a wonderful time too.

Thank you.

:)

yonafunu

I got back from Disneyland Paris three weeks ago. Had a wonderful time too.

Thank you.
Good for you. If you enjoyed it in theses conditions you have little expectations or maybe it was your first time there?

Anyway. Hoping masks will be optional end of November. I did the maximum to protect others and myself during almost two years. Now i don't take care about those id**ts who don't want to be vaccinated and are whinning after their hospitalizations. Hoping for a vaccination proof too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good for you. If you enjoyed it in theses conditions you have little expectations or maybe it was your first time there?

Anyway. Hoping masks will be optional end of November. I did the maximum to protect others and myself during almost two years. Now i don't take care about those id**ts who don't want to be vaccinated and are whinning after their hospitalizations. Hoping for a vaccination proof too.
We’ve been numerous times to DLP, WDW and DL. My expectations are possibly as high as they come, as many around here would vouch for. I’m all for being vaccinated. Don’t get me wrong.

DLP End of November? Hope to see you there. It’ll be our third time visiting during the pandemic and mask wearing didn’t bother us one bit. Kind of kept us warm on BTM.

Joffrey

I'm pretty sure studies have proven that you cannot catch covid while eating and drink, e.g. at restaurants, bars, or on an airplane. That's why I always walk around with an open beer and refuse to patronize businesses that don't allow me to drink there.

Trauma

The mask policy here right now makes no sense. Pack you together like sardines without masks but as soon as you go inside, often spread on attarctions, wear your masks. Logically it doesn't fit.
Cmon man, we have to do everything we can to reduce the risk !

If we don’t mask up sometimes, no matter how arbitrary, how do we show others how much we care?

If I can’t show how much I care, in tandem with having others that I can look down on from on high, do I have any value at all?

Disney Analyst

Based on the R0 factor of the Delta Varient, most epidemiologists estimate that we need ~80% of the population vaccinated to get the virus under control. Could be as high as 85% or as low as 75%....

Well thank you for giving an actual answer.

It’s vague but better than I expected.

Since the numbers that you have provided don’t seem possible, is there any other metric besides vaccination rates that you would consider?

Canadian here. As a country we are nearing 90% vaccination for eligible people. As we’ve found in BC, even 90% doesn’t seem quite enough when it comes to Delta. It’s significantly better, but 90% still means some regions are lower, like in the 75-80 range, and transmission is high in those areas.

What helps drive vaccination rates, and slow transmission? Vaccine passports for non-essential activities, and wearing masks in indoor public settings.

ETA:

I replied to some old posts, and then saw Mom’s note after. So this is my only post on the subject.

Point being, masks and vaccines are still an important combination, and until we reach the end of the pandemic (i.e. covid is a manageable illness that we encounter), these measures will likely be needed.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The mask policy here right now makes no sense. Pack you together like sardines without masks but as soon as you go inside, often spread on attarctions, wear your masks. Logically it doesn't fit.

Repeat after me. Outdoor transmission is not a thing.

Again.

Outdoor.
Transmission.
Is.
Not.
A.
Thing.

COVID spreads indoors. That's been demonstrated in numerous studies because it aeresolizes and hangs around. It would make no sense to require masks at fireworks or other outdoor settings. It makes plenty of sense indoors at attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom