News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

aladdin2007

For the record SSE refurbishment is not cancelled, only delayed. You can't have Play until kids can safely participate. Yes by all reports Giant table and Mary Poppins has been cancelled. But rest have just been delayed. Personally they need to be ready for the 40th Epcot anniversary more than MK's 50th... IMO.

As for what they have added to WDW for the 50th, you list is a bit short. They are doing quite a bit of polishing and painting in MK, updating Jungle Cruise, redoing the bakery, updated the castle and redid the night time show. There's more than that, but no they won't have a Tron to really blow it out.
are they even going to bother or care aside from special merch though? that's what remains to be seen. Im thinking not much with this current management regime in place. But will see. maybe all the backlash from the mistake on the lake will force them to put some effort into it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
are they even going to bother or care aside from special merch though? that's what remains to be seen. Im thinking not much with this current management regime in place. But will see. maybe all the backlash from the mistake on the lake will force them to put some effort into it.

They will sell the hell out of nostalgia-based Epcot merchandise. 💰

Indy_UK

Anyone know if they are even actively working on the inside of the Play Pavilion?

Was hoping that this was open by August 2022 when we visit next

ToTBellHop

Well, the concept of the Play Pavilion is soooo 2019 (before the pandemic), so who knows?
The Zach, “Because Walt Disney once said, ’I only hope that one day, guests will experience everything through their smart phones,” the Team and I are proud to announce the Disney Virtual+ Pavilion, where families will be empowered to explore their Disney dreams in a timeless way virtually while walking around our pitch-black Wonders of Life pavilion (editor note: we need to avoid pointing out that this replaces the previously-announced Play Pavilion. Perhaps say “newly renovated building”). You won’t believe how realistic guest-favorites like Miguel, Raya, Shang Chi, and Rey look on your phone! I can’t wait to share the shade of black paint we’ve selected in a future update!”

danv3

The Zach, “Because Walt Disney once said, ’I only hope that one day, guests will experience everything through their smart phones,” the Team and I are proud to announce the Disney Virtual+ Pavilion, where families will be empowered to explore their Disney dreams in a timeless way virtually while walking around our pitch-black Wonders of Life pavilion (editor note: we need to avoid pointing out that this replaces the previously-announced Play Pavilion. Perhaps say “newly renovated building”). You won’t believe how realistic guest-favorites like Miguel, Raya, Shang Chi, and Rey look on your phone! I can’t wait to share the shade of black paint we’ve selected in a future update!”
MansionButler84 is The Zach CONFIRMED.

CJR

Disney has done little to suggest that it isn't happening, keeping references to it on walls and maps. However, with Guardians delayed, there seems no reason to rush on the project. So, my prediction is 2023, around the same time as Guardians opening.

I, personally, would really love it if they came up with something better while we wait. It's a shame to reopen the pavilion without a ride of some sort.

mary2013

Disney has done little to suggest that it isn't happening, keeping references to it on walls and maps. However, with Guardians delayed, there seems no reason to rush on the project. So, my prediction is 2023, around the same time as Guardians opening.

I, personally, would really love it if they came up with something better while we wait. It's a shame to reopen the pavilion without a ride of some sort.
Guardians got delayed? It's not opening in 2022?

CJR

Guardians got delayed? It's not opening in 2022?

I'll re-phrase. I think PLAY!, if it happens, will open in 2023.

Guardians is a bit more certain, in terms of opening, since it's actively under construction with plans in motion. A lot can still happen with it, but it's rumored for spring 2022, I believe. It's a higher priority for Disney.

James Alucobond

I'll re-phrase. I think PLAY!, if it happens, will open in 2023.

Guardians is a bit more certain, in terms of opening, since it's actively under construction with plans in motion. A lot can still happen with it, but it's rumored for spring 2022, I believe. It's a higher priority for Disney.
Unless insiders have said things I haven’t seen, we have no idea what the progress on PLAY! even is. It could be more or less done and simply awaiting exterior landscaping.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unless insiders have said things I haven’t seen, we have no idea what the progress on PLAY! even is. It could be more or less done and simply awaiting exterior landscaping.
It is unlikely an enclosed play area for children would open before they can all have an opportunity to be vaccinated. So, Spring would be a likely opening for PLAY! along with GotG:CR and TRON.

celluloid

It is unlikely an enclosed play area for children would open before they can all have an opportunity to be vaccinated. So, Spring would be a likely opening for PLAY! along with GotG:CR and TRON.

I know it is not on the same scale, but they reopened The Mission Space Playground and Dumbo's did they not?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know it is not on the same scale, but they reopened The Mission Space Playground and Dumbo's did they not?
True. They probably shouldn't have. Come to think of, maybe they shouldn't have opened a park catering to humans not able to be vaccinated in the first place. ;)

But PLAY! is likely to bring in big crowds. Also, it need significant staffing. It's also going to hold most of the M&Gs, and they can only be done distanced by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom