New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I wish I bought them in 2000. I was warned about Iger only in 2005. I'm still working through my stack of fully loaded 10-day 2005 MYW tickets. I think I'm down to 31 days left. (Hard to keep track when you have so many.) For a family of 6, you can guess how many I bought.:D

Didn't know the precise year, but I heartily approve of the tactic. Now that we're DVCers, I just wait and see how good a deal we're getting.

devoy1701

Timely topic as we leave for Dollywood. Staying in a full size cabin with a pool table, two hot tubs, cable and high speed, length of stay tickets for the five of us, and access to a pool.....$1900 for six nights.
How many days can you actually spend in Dollywood? My limit is one per visit!

Bolna

I wish I bought them in 2000. I was warned about Iger only in 2005. I'm still working through my stack of fully loaded 10-day 2005 MYW tickets. I think I'm down to 31 days left. (Hard to keep track when you have so many.) For a family of 6, you can guess how many I bought.:D

For someone who likes waterparks, the 10 day non-experation park hopper might still be a good investment today.

WDW1974

I am pretty certain that that fabulous DVC deal came around because they realized how many DVCers were not going to the parks anymore and just vacationing in their villas. So once the DVCers have used up their cheap APs, logically they will see a drop in attendance by DVCers again. I wonder what they are going to do then. I guess come out with the next nice deal.

Actually, it came about because those DVCers were going to parks just parks where they could see Spidey, Seuss and Shamu and not Buzz, Pooh and Cindy. That is the #1 reason why that DVC deal was made.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How many days can you actually spend in Dollywood? My limit is one per visit!
Two is ours. But there is more to do in the area and we can hit the park any time we want during the week.

My point in posting this was not that Dollywood is a superior or equal experience than Disney, but that people will and do go find other entertainment and vacation options. We were almost an exclusive Disney vacation family. Unloaded our DVC and started looking for alternatives. It can work and you can have fun at non Disney destinations.

ParentsOf4

Didn't know the precise year, but I heartily approve of the tactic. Now that we're DVCers, I just wait and see how good a deal we're getting.
I'm a DVC'er too!

It's funny, we stay at WDW but visit the WDW theme parks only 2-3 days a year. We spend most of our Orlando time elsewhere. (Love the WDW water parks though.) Our Universal AP renewal is, I think, $170 this year. That won't even buy me a 2-day base ticket at WDW.

Bolna

Actually, it came about because those DVCers were going to parks just parks where they could see Spidey, Seuss and Shamu and not Buzz, Pooh and Cindy. That is the #1 reason why that DVC deal was made.

Yes, I kind of meant that... And once they figure out that in 2015 when their cheap AP runs out they will have to pay way more for their 7 day park-hopper with waterpark, fun & more (already at 393 $ this year) than they paid for that nice premium AP, how likely will they will be to once again look at more competitive priced entertainment options in Orlando?

bubbles1812

OK, so WHAT exactly is this increase going to pay for ? I know there are rumors for new monorail lines to add to Epcot and MK, but will those lines be covered in this increase ? How much does it cost for a single beam expansion anyhow ? If it is not for the monorails I think I know what will be paying for the Disney Sprins construction and also for the new bus zone at MK. {maybe even some new buses for all we know}

Heck I actually remember going to MK and and my parents paying $25 to get in, I was 4 at the time. And last I knew, inflation has not yet increased this year.... I admit watching Weather Channel and CNN keep me busy even with work duty as it is.
It goes to pay for Iger's bonus. Don't you know? he only made 50 some odd million last year. He has to be careful. Make a few million less and he might actually have to vacation where his customers do.

disney4life2008

Luckily I just purchased my AP last week. At this new rate though I do not think I will be able to afford an AP anymore unless I know I can come back to disney at least 4 times a year and with the rising costs of everything I doubt it. But I am set through May 2014!!:p

ParentsOf4

You're describing me!

And the DVC AP discount is still not enough to get me to cough up Disney's asking price.

Maybe in a few years when Universal gets old and stale. Wait, it's Universal that's getting old and stale, right?

twebber55

Actually my last three trips to orlando as a dvcer has been to uni
So yeah i see that

Mammymouse

It goes to pay for Iger's bonus. Don't you know? he only made 50 some odd million last year. He has to be careful. Make a few million less and he might actually have to vacation where his customers do.

I'm sure Walt ended up doing well financially, but not even in the same ballpark as some of these recent CEO's have.

Glasgow

Ill be in Orlando for a few days later this month and there is no way I can justify taking the kids to WDW for a single day .. We're talking $700-$800 for a single day. Shame

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom