New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

WDW1974

Wah waaah, continue paying more for less!

It really should be the other way around, reduce the price of the other three parks. I can't see how anyone in their right mind would pay for a one day, one park for DHS or DAK.

I can't see how anyone in their right mind would pay most of what Disney charges for anything. It's why I proudly never pay full price for much more than a Dole Whip.

I have a banner ad proudly touting Florida resident rates this summer at the All Star Music for ONLY $88 and all I can think is 'yeah, that's about $44 too high for that product' ...but WDW has been all about charging more and getting less since the 21st century dawned. Nothing at all new. And I guess they believe that because the DOW is over 15000 that the typical American is doing as well or better than in 2006. It's a nice delusion.

Bolna

Apparently because lots of guests have magical moments and think they get good value:

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory"

Oh, I read this as well and thought what a crazy line - seems they want to make sure that people from tomorrow thing it is less of a great value... :confused:

aladdin2007

But it isn't.

And it sets very bad precedent. There was a reason Disney priced Disney-MGM Studios the same as MK and EPCOT when it opened.

Fans tend to look at things differently than general public.

Now, I think I know what George's meeting yesterday at the Studios was all about.

Im guessing this wasnt a good thing right? or is there still hope

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yeah, luckily my trip isn't until Nov so I will be able to make it last for almost all of 2014. Hoping DVC has a deal like that again.

I really missing getting free passes from DVC. We got 10 years of them when we signed up in 1993. I'm sure someone got fired for that deal lol.

We're on the same page. I'm going end of October. Great minds....Yeah, DVC is like everything else with slowly diminishing value.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My vacation package is already booked and paid for, will I be charged the difference with the new price increase?

I don't think you will have to pay any price difference your vacation is already paid for. The price increase should only impact people booking on June 2nd.

Bolna

I don't know much, but I do know that if you get a one day park hopper with the water park add on, you should be forced to march around the resort in a blinking dunce cap that is adorned with lights that are rhythmically correlated to circus music emanating from a small speaker located at the back of aforementioned cap.

Actually, the water park add on to the one-day ticket is quite a good deal if you plan to spend two days at the water parks. If your park day is at the MK, then the add on for the waterparks is only 54$, a one-day waterpark ticket ist 53$, so you get the second day nearly for free. Of course the idea of a one-day hopper is rather stupid...

WDW1974

Apparently because lots of guests have magical moments and think they get good value:

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory"

It's not helped by your countrymen who come annually and stay for a month, but would never take a trip to Anaheim, let alone Paris.

Oh, and they have the PR already written for the next two rounds of increases, you can be sure.

FigmentsFangirl

OK, so WHAT exactly is this increase going to pay for ? I know there are rumors for new monorail lines to add to Epcot and MK, but will those lines be covered in this increase ? How much does it cost for a single beam expansion anyhow ? If it is not for the monorails I think I know what will be paying for the Disney Sprins construction and also for the new bus zone at MK. {maybe even some new buses for all we know}

Heck I actually remember going to MK and and my parents paying $25 to get in, I was 4 at the time. And last I knew, inflation has not yet increased this year.... I admit watching Weather Channel and CNN keep me busy even with work duty as it is.

devoy1701

Yeah, luckily my trip isn't until Nov so I will be able to make it last for almost all of 2014. Hoping DVC has a deal like that again.

I really missing getting free passes from DVC. We got 10 years of them when we signed up in 1993. I'm sure someone got fired for that deal lol.
That's probably the most interesting part of this...even with these increases, only one of the WDW parks is now more expensive than the Uni parks. Never thought I would see the day when it would cost more to go to Uni than Epcot!

Bolna

I am pretty certain that that fabulous DVC deal came around because they realized how many DVCers were not going to the parks anymore and just vacationing in their villas. So once the DVCers have used up their cheap APs, logically they will see a drop in attendance by DVCers again. I wonder what they are going to do then. I guess come out with the next nice deal.

ParentsOf4

A few things also seem clear like Disney absolutely doesn't want active ticket media out there floating around. They want you to use your tickets and leave and come back in a year and buy more, hence the premiums on media with no expiration. People forget that before Georgie K helped birth MAGIC Your Way Tickets in 2004 that there never were fuses on ticket media prior. From 1971-2004, your admission media was essentially good forever or as long as the place existed.
For the last 2 years, price increases for the "no expiration" option have been tremendous. For a 10-day MYW ticket, "no expiration" option prices are:

2011 = $225
2012 = $275
2013 = $325

That's a 44% increase in 2 years.

With those kind of increases, it looks like they are trying to kill it without explicitly eliminating it.

PhotoDave219

OK, so WHAT exactly is this increase going to pay for ? I know there are rumors for new monorail lines to add to Epcot and MK, but will those lines be covered in this increase ? How much does it cost for a single beam expansion anyhow ? If it is not for the monorails I think I know what will be paying for the Disney Sprins construction and also for the new bus zone at MK. {maybe even some new buses for all we know}

Heck I actually remember going to MK and and my parents paying $25 to get in, I was 4 at the time. And last I knew, inflation has not yet increased this year.... I admit watching Weather Channel and CNN keep me busy even with work duty as it is.

Maintaining corporate mandated profit margins to keep Wall Street happy.

I wasnt joking about drug-dealer profits.

Bolna

That's probably the most interesting part of this...even with these increases, only one of the WDW parks is now more expensive than the Uni parks. Never thought I would see the day when it would cost more to go to Uni than Epcot!

While Universal might be more expensive than Epcot for one day, once you go to the multiple day tickets, the picture changes dramatically. Already a two-day non-hopping ticket at Disney is 184, at Universal 126.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Actually, the water park add on to the one-day ticket is quite a good deal if you plan to spend two days at the water parks. If your park day is at the MK, then the add on for the waterparks is only 54$, a one-day waterpark ticket ist 53$, so you get the second day nearly for free. Of course the idea of a one-day hopper is rather stupid...

You're right. I misread the rules...I thought you only got one waterpark day. I'll leave the post since it is still an expensive way to add water park days. TL and BB are really nice and you can get them down to under 10 bucks a day with a variety of tickets. ....I know people who have done the one day park hopper thing and hit all 4 parks. It was their only WDW day ever. They didn't do any rides and just looked at stuff in all 4 parks. To each his own I suppose.

ParentsOf4

I feel the same, but it will only last for a year. I wish I could build a time machine and buy a crapload of tickets back in 2000 ala @ParentsOf4.....This is most certainly all my fault. In HS I washed a pair of jeans that had a ticket in the back pocket and the date stamp got washed off. They actually stamped a faded, crinkled, washing machine abused ticket and I got an EPCOT day for free without being a lifestyler. Unbelievable I know. I don't think the resort ever recovered from that loss.
I wish I bought them in 2000. I was warned about Iger only in 2005. I'm still working through my stack of fully loaded 10-day 2005 MYW tickets. I think I'm down to 31 days left. (Hard to keep track when you have so many.) For a family of 6, you can guess how many I bought.:D

WDW1974

The scary thing about the Premier AP price is that it is even still a 30% discount over the added prices of the premium APs for both resorts.

True. It also puts them close to a two-park annual in Tokyo, and lets not even attempt to compare products.

But look at how little a SW parks top tier AP (like the one I was gifted with) actually can be (especially if not bought in FL parks) and how much you get for that.

Oh well, George and Andy need someone to pay for all that Italian marble going into the Golden Oaks shack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom