New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This price increase for MK only actually makes me angry. This whole "new" Fantasyland thing is kind of a con, they are adding things by taking away things and seem to be adding more opportunities for us to buy stuff and now charging more for it. I was there in Februrary and I admit I think the area of Fantasyland is cool, but let's face it they have only added one ride and one to come still. Disney added 1 table service restaurant and 1 quick service which is a way for them to make MORE money, and added places to for us to buy more souvenirs. More Money for them! Belle's thing is just a fancy meet and greet, and they took away a ride to add yet one more meet and greet! The Storybook Circus area is neat but the rides there already existed either there or in another spot, so again they took away an area, sure it might not have been super popular but they could have added storybook circus somewhere and kept toontown fair. Disney also added themed bathrooms, whoop-de-do! And spent so much money on this stupid magic band thing. It seems as if they add something they take away something, not Walt's idea of plussing at all. And don't get me started on the Limited Time magic or limited time for guests to spend even more.......Sorry for the rant. I'll still go to WDW and love it.:confused:

WDW1974

Ah, like clockwork. The summer increase. You know they're proud of it because it gets announced on a Saturday afternoon, hoping no one reports on it come Monday.

I guess it means I need to stupidly call and renew my AP, which expires later this month, before it jumps and I have to bring letters to guest relations to get the money rebated.

As to folks who will view this as Disney saying 'the MK is worth more' what the reality is is that the market and most non-Disney nuts will view it as 'the other parks are worth less' ... And it is a very BAD precedent for Disney.

I'm not going to get into the debate on whether Disney is worth what they charge. I am sure the next 176 pages will discuss that.

A few things also seem clear like Disney absolutely doesn't want active ticket media out there floating around. They want you to use your tickets and leave and come back in a year and buy more, hence the premiums on media with no expiration. People forget that before Georgie K helped birth MAGIC Your Way Tickets in 2004 that there never were fuses on ticket media prior. From 1971-2004, your admission media was essentially good forever or as long as the place existed.

Not matching UNI on a one-day is showing tremendous weakness in their product, or that is how the analysts will see it. Leaping over UNI on one park just doesn't matter to them as much as it does fanbois.

Raising the price of the Premiere AP to $979 isn't a sign of anything more than they want to eliminate Bobs little bone for fanboys at the shareholder meetings a few years back. People have told me they have VERY few of them and many are the lifestyle bloggers and whores who use it to fly back and forth as often as they can. That price is getting to the level where many of them will have to beg, borrow and steal to buy, but it doesn't matter as they are the ones getting graft from Disney anyway and that includes free tickets whenever they are invited to either resort.

FigmentJedi

Apparently because lots of guests have magical moments and think they get good value:

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory"
Wow, that's about as many buzzwords as the XBox One announcement.

WDW1974

MK is worth more than the others. I'm surprised it took this long to price it separately.

But it isn't.

And it sets very bad precedent. There was a reason Disney priced Disney-MGM Studios the same as MK and EPCOT when it opened.

Fans tend to look at things differently than general public.

Now, I think I know what George's meeting yesterday at the Studios was all about.

TRONorail10

Have we hit the "Disney is too expensive" price-point yet?

I have always said that $100 per day for a single park will be the tipping point if you were to look at it from an economies of scale standpoint. Disney is trying to filter out low and middle income American families. They are targeting the foreigners and people not living on budgets who will pay full price for everything.

Bolna

Raising the price of the Premiere AP to $979 isn't a sign of anything more than they want to eliminate Bobs little bone for fanboys at the shareholder meetings a few years back. People have told me they have VERY few of them and many are the lifestyle bloggers and whores who use it to fly back and forth as often as they can. That price is getting to the level where many of them will have to beg, borrow and steal to buy, but it doesn't matter as they are the ones getting graft from Disney anyway and that includes free tickets whenever they are invited to either resort.

The scary thing about the Premier AP price is that it is even still a 30% discount over the added prices of the premium APs for both resorts.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So glad I took advantage of the $400 Premium AP that DVC offered last fall. Best purchase I ever could have made.

I feel the same, but it will only last for a year. I wish I could build a time machine and buy a crapload of tickets back in 2000 ala @ParentsOf4.....This is most certainly all my fault. In HS I washed a pair of jeans that had a ticket in the back pocket and the date stamp got washed off. They actually stamped a faded, crinkled, washing machine abused ticket and I got an EPCOT day for free without being a lifestyler. Unbelievable I know. I don't think the resort ever recovered from that loss.

Bolna

I have always said that $100 per day for a single park will be the tipping point if you were to look at it from an economies of scale standpoint. Disney is trying to filter out low and middle income American families. They are targeting the foreigners who will pay full price for everything.

I am not really so sure that this applies to all foreigners. Here in Germany I know many people who have done trips to Florida where they visited all different areas. The typical vacation would include one or two days at Disney (general the recommendation is to see Epcot if one only has one day). At 100$ people will seriously consider doing something else - or go and see only the park that has Harry Potter.

WDW1974

Am I mistaken or did they just raise the water parks annual by over 30%? I just got one on my Spirited Faux Top One Percent Spring Holiday and it was $99 plus tax. Now, I'm seeing over $130?!??!

EDIT : was looking at the one which includes DisneyQuest (yes, it still exists). The H2O parks AP just went up $5.

TRONorail10

By the way, please don't take out your financial frustrations on the cast members or think that they owe you something more while you are at the theme park. Guess how much of a raise they got for inflation? $0.00. Cast members don't get annual raises, despite ticket or merchandise price increases.

Bolna

Am I mistaken or did they just raise the water parks annual by over 30%? I just got one on my Spirited Faux Top One Percent Spring Holiday and it was $99 plus tax. Now, I'm seeing over $130?!??!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/magic-your-way-facts-on-2013-walt-disney-world-resort-prices/ shows $104 for the waterpark AP - not sure where you got your data from.

But still, you saved 5 $ by getting it before the price increase. Well done! :D Hope you have fun at the waterparks. I truly enjoy them every time I am there.

Tigger1988

I feel the same, but it will only last for a year. I wish I could build a time machine and buy a crapload of tickets back in 2000 ala @ParentsOf4.....
Yeah, luckily my trip isn't until Nov so I will be able to make it last for almost all of 2014. Hoping DVC has a deal like that again.

I really missing getting free passes from DVC. We got 10 years of them when we signed up in 1993. I'm sure someone got fired for that deal lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom