New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

Black Pearl

Their wording is terrible in the announcement and sounds utterly smug. The perception it gives the "cheaper parks" is just that: these parks are cheaper.

I agree with others that New Fantasyland, while kind of cool, is not really all that fantastic. The Little Mermaid ride is even strange to me in how it depicts the story. Really. Next time you ride, notice how she "sells her voice" to Ursela, then in the next scene is shown kissing the prince, then they are shown being married with Ursela throwing a "fit" in the background. If I hadn't scene the movie, I would think that by making a deal with Ursela it was a good thing with no consequence. Small gripe by comparison and off topic I know.

Nay to this.

Animaniac93-98

A one day hopper at Disneyland Paris is going for 50 pounds online, about $76 US with the current exchange rate, and I'm pretty sure that includes tax. Just sayin'.

WDW can still be proud about charging the most of any Disney theme park worldwide for its one-day, one-park tickets. Having been to two others (plus UOR), IMO, it's not worth the price.

TalkingHead

That "justification" cracked me up. Makes it sound like customers were clamoring for a price increase. I mean I know I've been hoping Disney would jump the price up but I thought I was more the exception than the rule. ;)

(No I actually didnt want a price increase even if I expected it. I like the parks but they are the very definition of overpriced.)

The "justification" made the price-increase worthwhile.

Seriously, who in their right mind would say a WDW vacation is a good value?!

Might be fun. Might be memorable. But "good value" is nowhere to be found.

TalkingHead

As to folks who will view this as Disney saying 'the MK is worth more' what the reality is is that the market and most non-Disney nuts will view it as 'the other parks are worth less' ... And it is a very BAD precedent for Disney.

I'm shocked they did this.

I've read that execs discussed charging less for a MGM ticket when it opened in 89, because it was a "lesser" park than MK and EPCOT. They didn't want to give the public the perception that any of the parks were inferior.

Fast forward a couple decades+, and that's exactly what Disney's done. I'm hard-pressed to understand the rationale behind this decision other than "get as much as we can today" since MK is the most-attended of the parks.

But it also looks like proof positive that today's management couldn't care less about the long-term effects of their decisions.

TalkingHead

And it sets very bad precedent. There was a reason Disney priced Disney-MGM Studios the same as MK and EPCOT when it opened.

Shoulda known the all-knowing Spirit would beat me to the punch.

But, yeah, exactly. I would love to know how this idea was sold to the lower management.

Dads 2 Boys

Then don't go.....

All theme parks/amusement park have increased prices and will continue to do so. It's life....deal with it. It cracks me up at everyone here complaining more than ever but y'all continue to go multiple times per year and you are the same people who have been complaining for several years.

Ya want some cheese with your whine?

Goofyernmost

PhotoDave219 said:
Have we hit the "Disney is too expensive" price-point yet?​
Not completely, but, due to my travel habits, I always bought a 10 park hopper with no expiration. They just managed to price me out of that one. I usually spread that out over three trips and having it prepaid is what would motivate me to go more often. Now I will be buying only for the amount of time I am staying and because of that I will probably be going less often. Hello Universal!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Then don't go.....

All theme parks/amusement park have increased prices and will continue to do so. It's life....deal with it. It cracks me up at everyone here complaining more than ever but y'all continue to go multiple times per year and you are the same people who have been complaining for several years.

And of course we have those who complain about the complaints. Should you not like the tenor of this discussion, you don't have to join in. Much like visiting the parks, right?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And speaking of comments, curious that (albeit on the mobile site) Disney has already closed responses on the price increases. Thirteen total, two if which came from the author of the article. I can only imagine how many didn't make it through the vetting process....

Dads 2 Boys

And of course we have those who complain about the complaints. Should you not like the tenor of this discussion, you don't have to join in. Much like visiting the parks, right?

Not complaining about complainers.....just making a point. Point being, if it bothers u so much, use your dollars elsewhere. If you complain about increases for 10+ yrs but continue to go every year (or even multiple times per year), what are you accomplishing exactly?

BTW, ur name on here is my initials and I'm a 49ers fan.....lol

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not complaining about complainers.....just making a point. Point being, if it bothers u so much, use your dollars elsewhere. If you complain about increases for 10+ yrs but continue to go every year (or even multiple times per year), what are you accomplishing exactly?

Well, considering Disney doesn't want these complaints on their own site, and this is one of the largest discussion forums, it's an appropriate avenue for this sort of venting. And many people here aren't going to return soon, or renew their APs. Attendance at WDW has actually been flat as of late, and this pricing kerfuffle isn't going to help matters.

Animaniac93-98

Then don't go.....

Not every poster here pays full price for park tickets based on their location/employment/point of purchase, nor does everyone make the same purchasing decision every year. Some have modified their buying habbits to reflect evolving vacation preferences and prices to buy fewer days or benefits (hopper, water park and more etc.). Some also have the prespective of visiting other vacation spots over time that gives them new perspectives on the value of comparable vacations. Making blanket assumptions on others buying/vacation habbits and reasons for objections isn't gonna win you any friends.

WDW tickets may be expensive, but whining about people whining? That's priceless, and an exclusive benefit of visiting WDWMagic! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Or just roll over, keep quiet, and be exploited?

From talking to quite a few educated friends the past few hours I feel this may actually be the start of the turning point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom