New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

tissandtully

I've brought in my own food and snacks, eaten QS, eaten TS, and eaten signature dining many, many times. I've done the dining plan and not done the dining plan. So, I suppose, my inferred income level from my dining peccadilloes would be very hard to guess. The weirdest thing I bring into a giant theme park is this -
979349.jpg

I love looking like Captain Weirdo, eating my crackers and tuna with my teeny, tiny little plastic spoon shaped to maximize the amount of tuna I can get out of the tin. My family is really embarrassed by this which will cause me to eat another box of tuna (will that phrase make it past the filters? should I think of a way to tie it in with Pandora's box?). I'll just say, "Give me another Brunswick...."
paranoid.gif

Tuna Salad in WDW?! Gasp! What's next, are the QS restaurants gonna start taking WIC checks? /sarcasm ;)

Goofyernmost

I've brought in my own food and snacks, eaten QS, eaten TS, and eaten signature dining many, many times. I've done the dining plan and not done the dining plan. So, I suppose, my inferred income level from my dining peccadilloes would be very hard to guess. The weirdest thing I bring into a giant theme park is this -
979349.jpg

I love looking like Captain Weirdo, eating my crackers and tuna with my teeny, tiny little plastic spoon shaped to maximize the amount of tuna I can get out of the tin. My family is really embarrassed by this which will cause me to eat another box of tuna (will that phrase make it past the filters? should I think of a way to tie it in with Pandora's box?). I'll just say, "Give me another Brunswick...."
paranoid.gif
Kinda like walking on the edge of the envelope don't you? :oops:;)

armyfamilyof5

Our AP's are up the very end of September, we will get 2 days of W&F at Epcot before they expire and are so happy about that! Then we are taking a break from WDW as we've already puchased Uni AP's and will activate them as soon as the summer rush is over. It's a shame WDW has increased prices above what most of the middle class can afford. We love Disney and will be back but if we find Uni to be a better experience it may be awhile. Some posters stated they'd rather pay more so the riff raff is kept away and I can understand their point but like Photodave has stated, the profits of WDW are outrageous and the parks deserve more attractions and better maintenance for what they charge the guests. I personally don't like people taking in food to the park, a couple bottles of water and some cookies sure, but full on meals? Nothing makes me more angry than having a full lunch tray and no where to sit due to other's that bought a picnic with them, although I see Disney working on that issue as well. It's okay with me if George wants to bring his tuna salad cups, LOL!

EvilQueen-T

No offense but I have some issues with your last sentence. Does it make you feel better to yell at a front line cast member or front line leader about an issue they have no control of? These changes affect them as well....Yes they get in to the parks for free but they don't see any benefit from the price increase. Personally if I were them I would be less likely to help you if you were rude and yelling at me. Just remember that if you are going to give someone a "bad" day

1. i don't yell...i'm an adult but i make my point so please don't assume. my point was with all the online and phone staff i've been dealing with passing the buck to the cm's at the park window rather than resolving the issue in any way what so ever. i'm not going to be the happiest person in the world if i get to the park window and i get like in december when i renewed my and my granddaughters annual passes online and went to get the actual ticket and they completely took me out of the system and it took them over an hour of the christmas party with me standing there and 3 cm's to correct their mistake so ...no i'm not looking forward to being foisted off to this 4th person for a problem i did not create. if there was someone else i could speak to i would but both the chat and the phone numbers i've been given by disney keep telling me i have to go to the park window.

71jason

Some people still buy one-day tickets. Probably not too many, but some. Promise. Until recently, I'd buy them for people! But the tickets are just too expensive for me right now...cannot be shelling out $100/person for a day in the MK. Now I tell people how much they are and ask if they still want to go. :)

Look, I know I was using hyperbole, I'm sure some single-day tickets are still sold. I don't know the exact percentage, I doubt anyone on this board does. But spend over a decade in this town, you see high school friends, college friends, relatives, relatives of friends, all going to WDW--I can't think of a one who bought a single-day ticket. Ditto locals--you either buckle down and get a multi-day/AP or rely on maingates from friends. When people say "I'm going to Disney World" in the 21st Century, they mean The One With the Countries and the Zoo and the Disney-Universal-MGM park, not just Magical Kingdom, and they budget time accordingly.

I imagine many of the 1-day tickets that are sold go to people who are information poor and cash rich; in other words, enough money they don't have to care. A lot of wealthy international tourists fall in here. To them, a $5 or $10 increase isn't going to matter. It goes back to my original point, by jacking up the 1-day ticket price, it makes multiday tickets seem that much more of a bargain.

BTW, spent the night at Magic Kingdom. Apparently Summer has begun. At 9:00 pm, the lines to get in stretched back to the security checkpoint. Both TTA and CoP even had lines! Closing time was extended two hours tonight--talking to a mid-level attractions manager friend, he said he can't even remember that happening before. He also added it never really got "unbusy" after Easter, so he expects the park will be slammed this season. In all seriousness, I don't know why we're talking about a fear of $100 tickets--we should be discussing why WDW hasn't gone to a $150 ticket yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom