New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From a PR perspective, why do they announce this? Wouldn't it be better to just let people see "oh look, prices have gone up" than making a blog post that says HEY! LOOK OVER HERE! HIGHER PRICES!
Apparently because lots of guests have magical moments and think they get good value:

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory"

bubbles1812

Apparently because lots of guests have magical moments and think they get good value:

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory"
That "justification" cracked me up. Makes it sound like customers were clamoring for a price increase. I mean I know I've been hoping Disney would jump the price up but I thought I was more the exception than the rule. ;)

(No I actually didnt want a price increase even if I expected it. I like the parks but they are the very definition of overpriced.)

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know much, but I do know that if you get a one day park hopper with the water park add on, you should be forced to march around the resort in a blinking dunce cap that is adorned with lights that are rhythmically correlated to circus music emanating from a small speaker located at the back of aforementioned cap.

So true!

Tom

Beta Return
Wah waaah, continue paying more for less!

It really should be the other way around, reduce the price of the other three parks. I can't see how anyone in their right mind would pay for a one day, one park for DHS or DAK.

I thought the same thing. We've seen attendance numbers at the various parks. One day tickets are for people are in Florida for another reason and just want to "hop over to Disney". They don't need to boost impulse-buy ticket sales for the MK, but they do at DHS and DAK. I think they should price the four parks accordingly, based on how many people they'd like to drive to each respective park for their "day at Disney".

BryceM

Epcot and Magic Kingdom should be grouped together, with the Studios and Animal Kingdom behind them. I just think it's weird that MK is in it's own pricing bracket.

I wonder when we will reach the big 100... Ugh.

bubbles1812

I don't know much, but I do know that if you get a one day park hopper with the water park add on, you should be forced to march around the resort in a blinking dunce cap that is adorned with lights that are rhythmically correlated to circus music emanating from a small speaker located at the back of aforementioned cap.
And yet the sad part is there probably are some poor saps stupid enough to let Disney take them for all their worth like that. I don't actually feel sorry for those people. There is naive and them there is just plain dumb...

hoke2007

Mark me in the category of "I have magical moments at Disney and then cry myself to sleep because of how insanely expensive it is."

I mean seriously, Disney is awesome. But these price increases are beyond ridiculous. Especially when they continuously strip entertainment options and don't take the necessary care of their attractions on a regular basis.

It's disappointing but in no way surprising.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Look, there is a reason you see more than a fair share of dads standing around Disney World looking like they could go all first person shooter at any given moment. I've got a sugar momma and one of my few expenses is entertainment for the family and I try to put the cost of things out of my mind cuz it could ruin things. Personally, I find that abstaining from Disney dining can be thrilling and financially liberating. The ticket prices are getting absurd. In October I will activate my DVC premium APs that were 400 apiece. Based on the new prices, that looks like the best deal in history. On our last trip, my wife, son and I had old tickets and I had to get my daughter a 3 day PH (or leave her in the room for 3 days). When the guest relations person told me it was $301 for a child's 3 day hopper, I was "Are you sure? That sounds absurd." The girl behind the counter just sighed heavily and said, "That is the correct price with tax."

PhotoDave219

Yes but have you given me an extra 7.2% of magic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom