News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

pdude81

But Cars isn't going into Test Track, so it really doesn't matter.
I have been on RSR, and it is absolutely fantastic... The setting is everything....and a major part of the attraction... They may be the same ride system, but they do not feel like the same ride at all....any more than Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters feels like The Haunted Mansion.....
I enjoy test track, but the inside part with similar track layout makes me wish I was out at DCA. The "turn right to go left" sign is especially painful

FigmentFan82

I feel like this doesn't pass the smell test. Cars Land (while very cool in DCA) doesn't feel like it would work in MK. Villains Land seems so much more cohesive as it relies heavily on Fantasy which is bread and butter for MK. I think Coco works well as a phase 1 BBTM with a Soarin/FoP 2.0 type thing because that film at least has very fantastical elements to it. Cars would work extremely well in DHS as DHS and DCA share many similar park aesthetics. This is all just my 2 cents based on the recent chatter here I've been reading.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be embraced. I just don’t think it’s as ideal or special. In my mind, the place setting and themeing of Radiator Springs elevates the entire experience.

Incidents, I feel the same way with MMRR. In Disneyland, I am beyond charmed from even before I step in the great queue. With DHS, I think to myself, man, I miss the Great Movie Ride. They feel like entirely different experiences.
I just think any beloved family properties Cars, Frozen, even Big Hero 6 would always be a big win no matter even if the Land is not present. I'm not saying I don't want the Land and Radiator Spring's street. I know they will not but who knows anymore.... I rooted for the Cars Land for DHS next door to Toy Story Land, then I rooted just have the main attraction. Art of Animation resort Cars section is the only IP property where in WDW where you can stay in Cars but then not ride or experience anything Cars in the parks.

FigmentFan82

but RSR without it's main would be a real fail... Oh boy a race track in Florida! lol
I never saw Cars 2 or Cars 3 weren't they straight to video? The first film was cute...like most Disney films. The sequels are usually just retreads.....zero interest in seeing them.....
I've got small kids so I've seen these movies quite a bit. All the Cars movies were theatrical releases. 2 is the big divergent one that many don't like it jettisons everything that was charming about the first film for an international action heist movie. 3 brings the movie back to its roots but is ultimately about getting old and being past your prime. 1 and 3 are very enjoyable for what they are. 2 is weird.

Chef idea Mickey`=

But Cars isn't going into Test Track, so it really doesn't matter.
It matters to talk about it to those who basically say it's the same ride, even if it were there be no street nor mountain landscapes if Test Track made it Cars.

I've got small kids so I've seen these movies quite a bit. All the Cars movies were theatrical releases. 2 is the big divergent one that many don't like it jettisons everything that was charming about the first film for an international action heist movie. 3 brings the movie back to its roots but is ultimately about getting old and being past your prime. 1 and 3 are very enjoyable for what they are. 2 is weird.
I respect they took bold moves to make something new, even though it had less the qualities you loved from the first I think it was not to make you not need to love the first. Nothing will beat the first film even the third proved so.. Cars 2 was basically Mater's just like Finding Dory would be all on Dory as the main focal character.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

I think the central question which exposes the flimsiness of DHS's theme though is: what WDW park can NOT be described as "riding the movies" these days?

One of the best paths they could take to give DHS a unique identity is to make it the "non-Disney IP park". Marvel, Lucasfilm, 21st Century Fox, Pixar, throw all of that into one park. It's actually not that far from that already.
Right now DHS is really experiencing the World's through Lands that are from not classic Disney animation properties (Star Wars, Toy Story etc)

If say an entire Cars Land went to Magic Kingdom then it would 💯 change the difference between DHS vs Magic Kingdom. Ratatouille didn't mess it up because it's still France expansion with Ratatouille the attraction there.

So I assume incorporating Cars and Woody through a desert beyond big thunder land is like an ability vs a full Land but that means Cars Land at DHS is over.

Last edited:

PSUDisney77

This. My 5 year old son liked all 3 movies, but 2 is a real departure. The short episodic Cars on the Road is decent.

Back to the actual topic, like others I'm all for expansion although DHS likely needs it more than MK right now. A Villains land is a no brainer imo. Cars and/or Woody is an eh from me unless it is the full Cars land which does not sound like it would be in MK.

mattpeto

The evolution of Frontierland to Desert land is likely the big news Disney is talking about.
Apologies to post this again, but this just seems to be to upbeat to smoke Frontierland for a new land (Desert) completely.

"But hold your horses, we’re not done yet. We have a lot of growth and investment planned for our theme parks in the coming years and look forward to sharing more announcements about Frontierland … so y’all come back now, ya hear?"

WaltWiz1901

We have multiple insiders who state there are long term designs for a 5th gate. Can you think of a better 5th gate for WDW than a Villians based MK? I proposed this quite a while ago, that you do an almost anti-MK with villians, as your 5th gate in Florida.
I could name at least a handful of good themes for a fifth gate (if one is ever considered) and an entire park devoted to villains is not one of them. Too excessive

A villains land wouldn't be all that bad if they approached it with care

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Recently released picture of DesertLand...

1712778417029.png

Tho it looks deserted, it is full of kinetic energy. But you won't see it. Just trust the narrative!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom