News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

Jungle Cruise and POTC aren't really similar rides in any way. And from the concept art, it doesn't seem like Moana would be that similar to either of them as well - it's unclear if it is more of a flume ride like Splash or uses some other technology because there is seemingly a decent sized drop there.

Does anyone go around (saw) DL's Fantasyland and complain that there are too many busbar rides?

Yeah, if POTC was in a tracked vehicle instead of a boat, it would be almost the same ride. I don't see why another ride being in a boat instead of some other kind of vehicle really matters; the ride content isn't going to be remotely the same.

pdude81

In my view the Radiator Springs theming (the Main Street, Luigi’s tires, restaurant) is what makes the land special. Plucking out just the ride and dropping it next to BTMRR feels cheap and misses the point completely.

To be honest, it’s recreating the mistake WDW did with POTC.
They didn't really have much choice with POTC. It was supposed to be something else until guests asked where the ride was at WDW.

I agree with your basic point though. Putting RSR next to BTMRR could work thematically, but without the rest of Radiator Springs it's just another E-Ticket to run to. And given the frequency of TStorms in Florida it would be down constantly. I can't imagine an indoor version would do it justice.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Has a Cars overlay at Test Track even been mentioned?
I don't see them building Radiator Springs Racers as presented at DCA...too big, too expensive, too much rockwork and production....and the ride without those things would be sad... I would prefer they leave Carsland in Anaheim...and maybe build Monstropolis or Toontown at DHS...a new Frontierland and a Villain's Lair for MK...converting the current Frontierland to a New Orleans Riverbend....
Only an idea I had but the theme would be around Cars 2 and or Cars 3 instead of Cars 1. Cars 3 featured the Florida speedway so why would fit Florida!

Chef idea Mickey`=

In my view the Radiator Springs theming (the Main Street, Luigi’s tires, restaurant) is what makes the land special. Plucking out just the ride and dropping it next to BTMRR feels cheap and misses the point completely.

To be honest, it’s recreating the mistake WDW did with POTC.
Having Mickey's Runaway Railway in ToonTown seems very special but WDW doesn't have Toontown but we still embrace the attraction so people would embrace Radiator Spring's Racers for the Cars and thrill Experience. Frozen Ever After is now in Epcot in Norway but we don't have a full Frozen Land.

I dunno, I like exclusivity in offerings on each coast and if they clone rides/lands in CA and FL it makes me less likely to visit the Disney parks in FL and more likely to visit the Universal parks in FL
Uhhh okay but Both Universals have Simpsons, Nintendo, Harry Potter, minions..etc

And given the frequency of TStorms in Florida it would be down constantly.
Then they shouldn't have ever built Test Track then because of all the TStorms.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Cars Land is one of the unique things that gets me to want to visit DL too. If they take the major attractions and replicate them on both coasts, I will be less likely to go to DL and just continue going to WDW. If RSR goes to WDW, then it will depend on what DL forward looks like.
But the real reason anyone would go to Disneyland resort in Anaheim would primarily be to visit experience walk Walt's original park. Just because a ride based on Cars were to be in WDW would not demotivate someone wanting to visit the west coast resort. Is like saying I don't need to visit Disneyland resort because I have Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and MRR in Orlando.

Last edited:

J4546

I dunno, I like exclusivity in offerings on each coast and if they clone rides/lands in CA and FL it makes me less likely to visit the Disney parks in FL and more likely to visit the Universal parks in FL

Indy_UK

Watched Brayden's video...

I'm not totally against RSR going behind Thunder Mountain but I would want the whole land. Definitely no Woody attraction.
Id rather RSR went in Hollywood studios but at the same time, HS needs more C-D rides, not E-tickets. His video talks of a bare bones Villains land which is certainly not what I want. I still can't see a 5th park happening which would be the reason for Villains land going there.

Last edited:

MouseEarsMom33

C'mon the real reason anyone would go to Disneyland resort in Anaheim would primarily be to visit experience walk Walt's original park. Just because a ride based on Cars were to be in WDW would not demotivate someone wanting to visit the west coast resort. Is like saying I don't need to visit Disneyland resort because I have Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and MRR in Orlando.
I already took my first trip to DL to see Walt's original park and get that experience. That wouldn't be the reason I would be returning. I would go for the unique attractions for return trips. I'm on the East Coast and it's a lot easier to get to WDW than DL.

pdude81

Correct. At least not as it is right now. Test track doesn't have the problem of scenic views being a big part of the outside. And given there is one track instead of two, it would have been easier to cover so it could run in T storms. RSR has a more significant and challenging outdoor experience due to multiple lanes and good sightlines to the rockwork.

Kamikaze

But the real reason anyone would go to Disneyland resort in Anaheim would primarily be to visit experience walk Walt's original park. Just because a ride based on Cars were to be in WDW would not demotivate someone wanting to visit the west coast resort. Is like saying I don't need to visit Disneyland resort because I have Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and MRR in Orlando.
And because, you know, its a vastly superior experience than WDW.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Uhhh okay but Both Universals have Simpsons, Nintendo, Harry Potter, minions..etc

Chef idea Mickey`=

I already took my first trip to DL to see Walt's original park and get that experience. That wouldn't be the reason I would be returning. I would go for the unique attractions for return trips. I'm on the East Coast and it's a lot easier to get to WDW than DL.
Your always going to get unique attractions along with it. Disney is not just cloning things. Cloning (giving)*

Tha Realest

Having Mickey's Runaway Railway in ToonTown seems very special but WDW doesn't have Toontown but we still embrace the attraction so people would embrace Radiator Spring's Racers for the Cars and thrill Experience. Frozen Ever After is now in Epcot in Norway but we don't have a full Frozen Land.

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be embraced. I just don’t think it’s as ideal or special. In my mind, the place setting and themeing of Radiator Springs elevates the entire experience.

Incidents, I feel the same way with MMRR. In Disneyland, I am beyond charmed from even before I step in the great queue. With DHS, I think to myself, man, I miss the Great Movie Ride. They feel like entirely different experiences.

Bocabear

Only an idea I had but the theme would be around Cars 2 and or Cars 3 instead of Cars 1. Cars 3 featured the Florida speedway so why would fit Florida!
but RSR without it's main would be a real fail... Oh boy a race track in Florida! lol
I never saw Cars 2 or Cars 3 weren't they straight to video? The first film was cute...like most Disney films. The sequels are usually just retreads.....zero interest in seeing them.....

Chef idea Mickey`=

Correct. At least not as it is right now. Test track doesn't have the problem of scenic views being a big part of the outside. And given there is one track instead of two, it would have been easier to cover so it could run in T storms. RSR has a more significant and challenging outdoor experience due to multiple lanes and good sightlines to the rockwork.
Exactly.. along with the Cars animatronics which is why people saying it's the same Test Track doesn't. I love Test Track and it looks to be more thrilling than RSR to me.

J4546

yeah but IoA is mostly made of stuff thats exclusive to only that park, with the exception of the one HP ride. Epic universe will be mostly exclusive with the exception of Nintendo World (which even then has 3 rides instead of 1 at USH.

USF sucks and I have no reason to go back though...

Chef idea Mickey`=

but RSR without it's main would be a real fail... Oh boy a race track in Florida! lol
I never saw Cars 2 or Cars 3 weren't they straight to video? The first film was cute...like most Disney films. The sequels are usually just retreads.....zero interest in seeing them.....
It be the only way to make Cars work into the Test Track building either still called Test Track Grand Prix or Test Track race along Cars.

You won't know the difference concept if you haven't seen the sequels. Also World Grand Prix is set in World Countries so it could connect with World Showcase next door!

Bocabear

It be the only way to make Cars work into the Test Track building either still called Test Track Grand Prix or Test Track race along Cars.

You won't know the difference concept if you haven't seen the sequels.
But Cars isn't going into Test Track, so it really doesn't matter.
I have been on RSR, and it is absolutely fantastic... The setting is everything....and a major part of the attraction... They may be the same ride system, but they do not feel like the same ride at all....any more than Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters feels like The Haunted Mansion.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom