News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

eddie104

I’m still exceedingly of the belief that “Inside Out your Imagination” is the future direction of this pavilion. If Inside Out 2 hits big again.

Figment is canonically added into the Inside Out universe. So they have the best of both worlds - as well as a non book report ride.

It just seems like the compromise management would make to me.
The Wonders of Life Pavilion makes more sense to me. Including Riley’s mind as some sort of playground for kids would be ideal like their original plans for “Play” intended to create.

BrianLo

I don't see how that makes any sense, no offense.

Why would they merge two IP's into one?

I'm struggling to see how it survives without an IP tie in. Though I also think there's enough desire to keep Figment as a character around financially - I'm just not sure if it's enough on his own. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's just a Figment/Imagination Pavilion down the line.

DisDude23

I'm struggling to see how it survives without an IP tie in. Though I also think there's enough desire to keep Figment as a character around financially - I'm just not sure if it's enough on his own. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's just a Figment/Imagination Pavilion down the line.
I know there was some chatter a couple years ago about a Figment movie being considered but I don’t think it ever got past a couple story outlines that no one really cared for.

DCLcruiser

I’m still exceedingly of the belief that “Inside Out your Imagination” is the future direction of this pavilion. If Inside Out 2 hits big again.

Figment is canonically added into the Inside Out universe. So they have the best of both worlds - as well as a non book report ride.

It just seems like the compromise management would make to me.
Figment is already part of the Inside Out universe. I am fine with Inside Out and Figment joining forces, as imagination is part of brain activity.

Figment - Inside Out.jpg

The Wonders of Life Pavilion makes more sense to me. Including Riley’s mind as some sort of playground for kids would be ideal like their original plans for “Play” intended to create.
Inside Out is basically a cartoon version of Cranium Command, an old attraction from Wonders of Life. That would be the easiest way to insert the IP into EPCOT.

DisDude23

Yeah I don't see a world in which this happens. Putting two IP's together in one ride? It would dilute both and be incredibly confusing from a branding POV.

Do I see a world where the Emotions take up residence at the pavilion in the Magic Eye theatre alongside a fully fledged Imagination 4.0? Yes.
Unless they shoved Figment into Inside Out 2 to be a kind of replacement for Bing Bong.

I truly hope they don’t but I can absolutely see it being a thing that happens.

Delta-7

Where do we think a Coco attraction would go in the expansion anyway? Would it be on the land wedged between the railroad and maintenance canal (assuming the path to BBT starts by the restrooms next to the railroad station) or would it be somewhere in the big plot behind ROA?

FigmentFan82

Figment is already part of the Inside Out universe. I am fine with Inside Out and Figment joining forces, as imagination is part of brain activity.

View attachment 786966

Inside Out is basically a cartoon version of Cranium Command, an old attraction from Wonders of Life. That would be the easiest way to insert the IP into EPCOT.
Credible rumors have suggested that Figment is staying in Imagination and that no other IP will be moving in.

Bocabear

Coco fits as Mexico is right by the frontier. It will probably get a small land area. I am more interested in the Villains area.
Big Thunder is sort of based on Monument Valley.... which is not very close to Mexico.... About 8 hours by car of 500 miles...... If in fact Big Thunder is in Monument Valley...... lol
Wait...Coco is supposedly based on the area of Michoacan...so that is about 1600 miles from Monument Valley...which means that proximity would mean they could have a Canadian outpost next to Big Thunder...lol though let's face it Adventureland is simultaneously somewhere in the Arab world, The Caribbean and the South Pacific.... So... YES! just about anything makes sense....

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Big Thunder is sort of based on Monument Valley.... which is not very close to Mexico.... About 8 hours by car of 500 miles...... If in fact Big Thunder is in Monument Valley...... lol
Wait...Coco is supposedly based on the area of Michoacan...so that is about 1600 miles from Monument Valley...which means that proximity would mean they could have a Canadian outpost next to Big Thunder...lol though let's face it Adventureland is simultaneously somewhere in the Arab world, The Caribbean and the South Pacific.... So... YES! just about anything makes sense....
I don't really see how physical distance is all that great of a metric for what belongs when the attractions in this area have always been pretty far apart geographically. Attractions set in New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, Arizona, and now Louisiana have all encircled the Rivers of America. The real-world requirement is basically just "somewhere in the Americas". Beyond that, it's about creating fluid visual transitions and surfacing the appropriate themes for either Liberty Square or Frontierland.

2bornot2be

I have been thinking about this for some time now and I don’t think Disney has to close the Rivers of America, but it will need to be rerouted. In addition, the train will need to be rerouted and the queue for the Hunted Manson will need to rerouted for additional room on the walkway.

I took the time to draw what I was thinking. As you can see from the drawing below, they have enough room for 4 attractions and 4 restaurants in areas. It’s BIG.

1716598633368.png

I just can’t wait to see what Disney is actually planning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom