Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes, the International Forums, for the few that have ready access to the Asian parks sure, it matters to you, Internationally No.

Huh? You're posting in the section of the website dedicated to the overseas parks. Presumably, many of the participants here are regular visitors of said parks. As such, opening dates would matter to them. I'm really struggling to understand the point of this post?

cjkeating

Let's wait and see but after all the ROTR issues I don't think they'd ever want to built a multi-level trackless attraction again... I think this is more like to be a MMRR reskin... you can always add a 'drop' with the vehicle ending on the level it started.

BrianLo

Huh? You're posting in the section of the website dedicated to the overseas parks. Presumably, many of the participants here are regular visitors of said parks. As such, opening dates would matter to them. I'm really struggling to understand the point of this post?

Don’t bother. It’s just another (?American) thinking they are the centre of the universe / anti-China unsolicited post that no one asked for. Let them shout alone into the ignorant void.

Markiewong

Let's wait and see but after all the ROTR issues I don't think they'd ever want to built a multi-level trackless attraction again... I think this is more like to be a MMRR reskin... you can always add a 'drop' with the vehicle ending on the level it started.
If you want to do a drop on the level where you started, you have to go up first right? I am quite confident they are using the Rise ride system, but I wouldn't expect a simple reskin.

cjkeating

If you want to do a drop on the level where you started, you have to go up first right? I am quite confident they are using the Rise ride system, but I wouldn't expect a simple reskin.
The drop platform can be build at level -1.

Imagine entering the individual projection domes on MMRR... you enter, drop to the level below then go back to ground and exit. Not saying that is what will happen I am just saying it is more than possible.

gerarar

Premium Member
I don’t think Rise’ core issues stem from the fact that it’s multi-level
One of Rise's early issues were the AT-AT elevators (in particular track A, front-AT-AT view), so it was often operated with half of its capacity with one track disabled.

They've since have finally remedied that issue. Don't think I've seen that particular mode since like early 2021.

Supersnow84

Is anyone else really struggling to get a good gauge on the actual size of this land from the guest perspective

This land could be anywhere from the size of mystic point to Asia and I wouldn’t be in any way surprised

This also seems to be the only land in Shanghai so far not suffering from the “half the land is random open space” problem

Timothy_Q

See the "road" to the center of the show building, with the pink spire (City Hall, I believe)?

Do you think there will be actual door there?

BTW, I'm waiting to see people next to the building before making more guesses about the size of the building.
I'm guessing that's the ride exit / exit gift shop

TimeDuck

Isn't it bizarre there still isn't an opening date for this? Wife and I are traveling to HKDL in December and were hoping to hit Shanghai for the opening of this as well. Even in their creative reveal in September they kept asserting "by the end of 2023" in all their announcements. But given the massive marketing push for HKDL Arendelle even in the US, it seems bizarre to still not even announce an opening date for Zootopia.

Markiewong

Isn't it bizarre there still isn't an opening date for this? Wife and I are traveling to HKDL in December and were hoping to hit Shanghai for the opening of this as well. Even in their creative reveal in September they kept asserting "by the end of 2023" in all their announcements. But given the massive marketing push for HKDL Arendelle even in the US, it seems bizarre to still not even announce an opening date for Zootopia.
They didn't announce the opening date for TSL until a month before. Avengers Campus in Paris was 2 months before. I wouldn't be surprised if this attraction barely makes it this year and opens just before christmas break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom