Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Advisable Joseph

You're comparing a photo to concept art

But either way, show buildings nowadays are usually bigger than those from 30 years ago

Zootopia looks to be similar in size to BatB and RotR
I was playing around with Openstreetmap's building database at http://osmbuildings.org

Rise of the Resistance is listed at 9 m, while Toy Story Mania is listed at 13.1 m.

Runaway Railway has two listings, but the most plausible one is 11.7 m, since it is close in height to Toy Story Mania. I assume the other height, 17.8 m, is for the Chinese Theater.

Last edited:

Advisable Joseph

You're comparing a photo to concept art

But either way, show buildings nowadays are usually bigger than those from 30 years ago

Zootopia looks to be similar in size to BatB and RotR
Had some editing problems, so I needed a new reply.

View attachment 718151

Are they making a tunnel/bridge for Seven Dwarfs access?
See how you can see two tiers on the right of this image? The first tier is close in height to the police station, but the second tier adds considerable height to the building.

You're going to make me verify the height of the police station the hard way, aren't you?:p I'm already thinking about it.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

See how you can see two tiers on the right of this image? The first tier is close in height to the police station, but the second tier adds considerable height to the building.
It's common for new show buildings not be as tall for queue/load/unload/vehicle storage areas than they are for the main part of the ride

See BatB, all 3 fantasy springs rides, etc

Advisable Joseph

It's common for new show buildings not be as tall for queue/load/unload/vehicle storage areas than they are for the main part of the ride

See BatB, all 3 fantasy springs rides, etc
Still checking, but the first tier looks to be about the same height as Runaway Railway, which seems tall for vehicle storage, etc.

Supersnow84

What actually is the ride in zootopia land going to be, we have a Hong Kong trip planned for November for arendelle and we are wondering if we should risk China for Shanghai, zootopia might move the needle but I know almost nothing about it

Advisable Joseph

What actually is the ride in zootopia land going to be, we have a Hong Kong trip planned for November for arendelle and we are wondering if we should risk China for Shanghai, zootopia might move the needle but I know almost nothing about it
Sorry, we know very little for sure except it will be a police chase of some sort. Apparently it will be like the waterfall scene of Runaway Railway, but a poster here disputed that, claiming that it will be like the entirety of Runaway Railway.

Supersnow84

strange the land is so far along and we know so little

Arendelle opens roughly same time and we know everything there is to know about it

Supersnow84

3A3F82D2-ED67-40C4-9A44-48EE22A88A75.jpeg
For anyone interested this is a really rough drawing of the guest accessible pathways of Shanghai and how zootopia is set to fit into the parks very unique shape

Colour coincides with which land it’s in, zootopia is the dark red brown

Supersnow84

Zootopia is not a dead end though. It connects with the Pooh area in FL, creating another large circular path
Has that been confirmed, I can find precious little in the way of maps overall and that makes sense but has it actually been confirmed

The park is already awakwardly shaped enough without a dead end land

J4546

yes it has been confirmed, pathway basically goes all the way around seven dwarves, not only that but the dark red pathway you marked out was the 2nd phase loop that was added later. the original pathway was on the west side of 7dmt

Mark_E

Can see the flow to and from the land working very well. Surprised we have zero indication when it will open. Are we assuming Ocotober/November time?

Supersnow84

Can see the flow to and from the land working very well. Surprised we have zero indication when it will open. Are we assuming Ocotober/November time?
The strange this is also I’m assuming disney (not sure about Beijing vs LegCo) would want to avoid having both Chinese parks new premiere lands open at the same time but November is looking increasingly likely for zootopia

Arendelle is obviously going to draw mainland tourists, I doubt disney wants to fight itself for which Chinese park guests decide to visit for their new land

lazyboy97o

Is Zootopia the site originally planned for an Expedition Everest clone?
Expedition Everest was not actually planned for the site. It appeared on one of the master plans in that area but master plans don’t show actual plans for future areas. They often use existing projects to show the scope of what is possible. There’s a version of the Universal Beijing Resort master plan that shows the second gate, a mirror image of Universal Studios Florida.

J4546

In a few months, over the course of a year, Disney is opening 3 awesome new lands in Asia. Starting HK getting Frozen land in Nov. Then Shanghai getting Zootopia a few months after that, and Japan getting the Fantasy Springs later. Gonna be a great year if your in that area.
Ive never seen Zootopia, but Ive also never seen Cars and Carsland is amazing. The scale and colorfulness of what I can see in pics for this land looks very promising imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom