Zootopia characters confirmed

doctornick

**** that. Only problem Dinoland has is how overbearingly obnoxious the so-called roadside attraction is. Put something new in Dino-Rama's place and its fixed. And the park needs its prehistoric representation, that's one of the three pillars the whole thing is built on alongside the living and the mythical.

Also, Animal Kingdom needs more capacity, not more full land replacements

Couldn't agree more. I have no problem with replacing Dinorama, but it should be with something else related to Dinosaurs or prehistoric animals. That class of animals should be represented in the past (and the rest of Dinoland USA is fine and has no reason to go).

And, furthermore, DAK needs additional attractions more than it needs to replace existing stuff. I'd rather see another land build after Pandora -- or at least more attractions added to existing lands -- before replacing existing rides.

Kate F

You mean to tell me there wasn't another Disney Animated movie that had a Fox Character and a Rabbit? I'll just leave this here then...
19661.jpg
Ehh...Skippy's more of a side character, so I don't really have a problem with it. I really shouldn't have a problem with this film either, and after I actually see it I'll feel better about it, but for some reason I still am a bit nervous for the future of the Br'ers, as at least the least the Robin Hood characters are sort of well known.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but Zootopia raked in an estimated $73.7 million opening weekend. It's an important number because it's greater than both Big Hero 6 ($56.2 million) or Frozen ($67.4 million) making it the biggest opening weekend for any Disney Animation Studios film. I think the big make or break for this film is if the film gains the "cult" status that Frozen did or if the fandom is more limited (like Big Hero 6).

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but Zootopia raked in an estimated $73.7 million opening weekend. It's an important number because it's greater than both Big Hero 6 ($56.2 million) or Frozen ($67.4 million) making it the biggest opening weekend for any Disney Animation Studios film. I think the big make or break for this film is if the film gains the "cult" status that Frozen did or if the fandom is more limited (like Big Hero 6).

Well, it has been a while since we've seen an all animal cast since Chicken Little..It's a nice refresher from the early years of Disney when half of the films involved Princesses.

Kate F

Just found this conversation on Twitter involving two people with furry avatars while looking through the Splash Mountain tag:

Person 1: "Do you think the inevitable Zootopia ride at Disney Parks will be its own thing? Or will it be a rebranded Splash Mountain?"

Person 2: "Splash Mountain rebrand seems sensible. I mean the Br'er Rabbit stuff is like ridiculously dated at this point."

Person 1: "That was what we thought here too."

Person 2: "Disney loves bringing in park goers but they love doing it under budget too. Rebranding serves that purpose well."

I...I really don't even know what to say about this one...

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So are they actually going to attempt to have Judy and Nick come off the floats and dance in the streets with guests during MiSiDaPi because I just imagine that being a mob scene of everyone trying to snap a selfie with them since there's no meet and greet...
they probably wills stay above the floats like Mickey.

Cesar R M

I have something I want to talk about but don't think it requires a thread. I'm also afraid this will be met with ridicule, which I have already experienced when I first brought it up in the main Zootopia thread, and while I admit that some of the things I said are ridiculous and take them back, I still think I have a fair reason to be somewhat bothered.

First and foremost, I am obsessed with Splash Mountain and for years have wished the Br'ers were more popular. A few months ago, I expressed an honest fear that Zootopia would make Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox even more irrelevant than they already are because Disney decided to make the lead characters of this film a fox and a rabbit. And I stated an even more ridiculous fear that Disney might just be stupid enough to retheme Splash Mountain to it (which, if that were to actually happen, I would find it unforgivable on Disney's behalf). Of course, I find that just crazy now as the logical place for the film would obviously be somewhere in Animal Kingdom and that the film bears no resemblance outside of having the same lead animals (I don't know for sure, I haven't seen it yet). However, clearly I am not the only one who has been thinking about this. I've seen Tweets in the Splash Mountain tag talking about how "the characters in Zootopia look like Splash Mountain characters" or how "I think Zootopia was just made to get rid of the racial stigma behind Splash Mountain" (yes, that is an actual tweet I came across...). There's been more than that and trust me, you wouldn't believe some of the things I've read. I realize a lot of people on Twitter are idiots who don't even know what they are talking about, but they are still pretty interesting (and cringe-worthy) observations nonetheless. For instance, I just came across a recent tweet that said "I keep thinking WDW should revamp Splash Mountain to Zootopia rather than creepy Briar Rabbit..." That just made me plain angry. I'll just state for the record that when I first saw an image of Judy in a pink shirt, I thought "No Disney, you did NOT!" I really am happy this film is such a success for Disney and perhaps after I see the movie, I can put all of this nonsense behind me, but right now I have a small pit in my stomach almost every time I think about it and I just can't seem to completely get over it. However, what bugs me the most is that no one on these forums could seem to understand why I was bothered.
The only way a retheme of splash would work.. would be the chase scene where Judy and Nick go to find the limo driver and have and reach the waterfall building.
aka the asylum, and the fall would be the when they had to escape using the toilet towards the waterfall

Just found this conversation on Twitter involving two people with furry avatars while looking through the Splash Mountain tag:

Person 1: "Do you think the inevitable Zootopia ride at Disney Parks will be its own thing? Or will it be a rebranded Splash Mountain?"

Person 2: "Splash Mountain rebrand seem sensible. I mean the Br'er Rabbit stuff is like ridiculously dated at this point."

Person 2: "Disney loves bringing in park goers but they love doing it under budget too. Rebranding serves that purpose well."

Thats kinda dumb, because technically.. a lot of characters are dated as hell, yet they are relevant as always (that even includes sorcerer Mickey, frontierland Chip and Dale, Its a Small World).

Also, Splash Mountain is one of the best rides in the whole resort.

Cmdr_Crimson

Person 2: "Splash Mountain rebrand seem sensible. I mean the Br'er Rabbit stuff is like ridiculously dated at this point."

Yes...Zootopia fits PERFECTLY In the Frontier or Critter Country..:rolleyes:
4p6uYDA.gif

Tay

I doubt Splash Mountain is in jeopardy for a long time other than for a much needed major refurb.

Rafiki isn't a Lion King land. I just wish Disney would add it and Tarzan to Africa and Junglebook to Asia already. Zootopia shouldn't replace anything. Even though Dinorama should be replaced with something better. Primeval Whirl looks fun but something in a 2nd tier theme park not Disney. I would be all for them enclosing it and adding some animatronics and sets. I really like the idea of the MI ride being retheme to Zootopia.

Zootopia mini land , Dinorama replacement, Tarzan, Lion King , and Jungle book D/E tickets and AK becomes a full day park.

captainmoch

I mostly agree.^^
The only thing I want replaced at DAK currently is DinoRama, with something else dinosaur related, such as maybe a family dark ride. Otherwise, I think the park needs expansions, NOT replacements. The Jungle Book dark ride in Asia could be a great family offering, and Zootopia would fit great and finally give DAK a true "kid" land (that could obviously be enjoyed by adults too). The Zootopia monorail, a ride-and-go-seek-esque interactive dark ride, and an Agent P World Showcase-esque ZPD experience could be great attractions.

Brer Panther

I am sort of worried that Disney might see those tweets and think it's a great idea, but I think if they were gonna retheme any of the Splash Mountains they would've done it by now.

Besides, as it's already been pointed out, Zootopia doesn't fit in Frontierland.

Donaldfan1934

I have something I want to talk about but don't think it requires a thread. I'm also afraid this will be met with ridicule, which I have already experienced when I first brought it up in the main Zootopia thread, and while I admit that some of the things I said are ridiculous and take them back, I still think I have a fair reason to be somewhat bothered.

First and foremost, I am obsessed with Splash Mountain and for years have wished the Br'ers were more popular. A few months ago, I expressed an honest fear that Zootopia would make Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox even more irrelevant than they already are because Disney decided to make the lead characters of this film a fox and a rabbit. And I stated an even more ridiculous fear that Disney might just be stupid enough to retheme Splash Mountain to it (which, if that were to actually happen, I would find it unforgivable on Disney's behalf). Of course, I find that just crazy now as the logical place for the film would obviously be somewhere in Animal Kingdom and that the film bears no resemblance outside of having the same lead animals (I don't know for sure, I haven't seen it yet). However, clearly I am not the only one who has been thinking about this. I've seen Tweets in the Splash Mountain tag talking about how "the characters in Zootopia look like Splash Mountain characters" or how "I think Zootopia was just made to get rid of the racial stigma behind Splash Mountain" (yes, that is an actual tweet I came across...). There's been more than that and trust me, you wouldn't believe some of the things I've read. I realize a lot of people on Twitter are idiots who don't even know what they are talking about, but they are still pretty interesting (and cringe-worthy) observations nonetheless. For instance, I just came across a recent tweet that said "I keep thinking WDW should revamp Splash Mountain to Zootopia rather than creepy Briar Rabbit..." That just made me plain angry. I'll just state for the record that when I first saw an image of Judy in a pink shirt, I thought "No Disney, you did NOT!" I really am happy this film is such a success for Disney and perhaps after I see the movie, I can put all of this nonsense behind me, but right now I have a small pit in my stomach almost every time I think about it and I just can't seem to completely get over it. However, what bugs me the most is that no one on these forums could seem to understand why I was bothered.
While I love both movies and both sets of characters, I strongly agree with you that you can't replace the Brers regardless of Song of the South's release status. I had a little inkling that it seemed a little odd too before I saw Zootopia and how different the two sets of characters are. I don't think Zootopia was some sort of 21st replacement to Song of the South but rather a movie based around a Robin Hood type concept. Byron Howard even said thats how he came up with the idea of this movie. That being said, however, Disney could see the familiarity of these characters might cause some executives to think of some awful thoughts. I would never think that they would touch it, but now that they're putting Star Wars land in Walt's park, I fear for what might be next. Again I don't think they will replace Splash Mountain, I just think that Disney has better chances of doing something careless like that in the company's current climate. But if Disney were to do something like that, I'd have no trouble boycotting them.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Well, it has been a while since we've seen an all animal cast since Chicken Little..It's a nice refresher from the early years of Disney when half of the films involved Princesses.

The early years? Do you mean the 90s? Because Snow White was '37, Cinderella was '50, and Sleeping Beauty was '59. Then you don't get another Princess film until the Little Mermaid 30 years later, which was the 28th feature length film. Four out of 28 is hardly half. Even now, Princess films barely make up 10% of the canon.

goldenstate5

Splash Mountain is defined by its theme. I have no clue why anybody would actually think they would retheme it. Hell the racial undertones of SotS are completely sanitized and nobody thinks once. It's not being changed to Zootopia as much as people start putting on their tinfoil hats. "We put Judy in a purple shirt just so we could make the transition easier for an unnecessary retheme of an extremely popular, beloved worldwide attraction that would tick people off instead of capitalizing on a DAK expansion that people actually want" ...yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

As for DAK, I was just listening to the Disney Dish Jim Hill podcast for the 2016 Unofficial Guide and he expands a little more on the Conservation Station-turned Zootopia land. He says that this would basically be DAK's ToonTown with lots of play areas and probably a big dark ride. Of course the replacement for Camp Minnie-Mickey. He made it sound like if Zootopia was a hit, it would be going in this spot no matter how the execution.

Crossing my fingers even if it'll be another decade.

Donaldfan1934

lol Jim Hill.
To be fair, he's got a lot of things right well in advance like the DHS redo specifics and Gran Fiesta Tour animatronic additions among recent changes. It's not that his information that never comes to pass is incorrect, its just that things are in constant change in the Disney company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom