News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

SpectreJordan

Indy 5 is going to keep the Stunt Show and representation around the resorts of the world that feature the property relevant. It is not going to likely get us another Indy attraction. I just wanted to put the realistic dose out there so no one gets their hopes up.
It really depends on the movie's success. If it's a moderate to good success ($600-$900 mil range), we probably won't be seeing anything new in the parks.

But if it makes a billion+, then I think there's a good chance the parks will want to do something with it. The Force Awakens making an impressive 2 billion is absolutely why they went full force on the Sequel Trilogy in the parks (They probably would've went with OT if they waited until after TLJ to make a choice). Zootopia making a billion is also why they're considering this Animal Kingdom land.

If the new Indy is good, then I think it has a shot at Top Gun: Maverick numbers which Disney would be psyched about.
Of course, but does that matter to Iger?

'Sides, I'd think we should worry about one thing at a time. Moana would be coming first, so what would that look like? I know someone said live animals would be included in the land, but the better question is, what kind? While I think dinosaurs/prehistoric life has an important place at DAK, I think the same is true for aquatic life, which thus far-- despite comprising many of the animal species on earth --has received minimal representation. If some kind of "Moana land" could bring, say, sharks and rays and whatnot to DAK, then I say it's a win.

On the other hand, I think the IP-mandate is really limiting the creative scope of what imagineering can do with the park. There are tons of great ideas they could come up with, but because they aren't allowed to create anything new, they're really limited to a kind of pitiful library of already existing movie and film franchises. Which are all gonna be less fitting than something designed specifically with the park in mind.
I think refusal to actually expand is another huge problem. I remember seeing a picture of the expansion pads Animal Kingdom has & it's A LOT; it's so stupid that they want to replace all of this stuff instead of just building new stuff & actually increase capacity.

yensidtlaw1969

Chester and Hester water squirting ballon pop game area fitting the theme and mission the same as Harambe and Anandapur areas? We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one
DinoRama is part of the Morality Play of Dinoland U.S.A. It's essentially a warning. Dinosaurs no longer walk the earth, and the spectrum of how we memorialize them runs from stodgy museums to cheap roadside attractions. With Dinoland guests are being asked - in a "fun" way - to consider what happens when animals go extinct. It would obviously be much more fun to confront an actual magnificent beast like a dinosaur (and Dinosaur! does give us a taste of that to wet our whistle), but there's no bringing back animals who go extinct. At least not yet.

There's tension in the relationship between humans and animals, with many people only too ready to exploit animals for their financial value rather than their actual value. While humans are not responsible for the extinction of dinosaurs, in their extinction we do still prey on them in ways that echo that tension between humans and still-living creatures. If we allow that tension to continue and advance, we might one day see amazing and endangered animals like Rhinos and Tigers relegated only to museums and roadside attractions.

Is that what we want? If DinoRama is any indication, the answer should be an emphatic no. It's arguably fun for what it is, but it could never mirror the magic of seeing those animals for real.

celluloid

It really depends on the movie's success. If it's a moderate to good success ($600-$900 mil range), we probably won't be seeing anything new in the parks.

But if it makes a billion+, then I think there's a good chance the parks will want to do something with it. The Force Awakens making an impressive 2 billion is absolutely why they went full force on the Sequel Trilogy in the parks (They probably would've went with OT if they waited until after TLJ to make a choice). Zootopia making a billion is also why they're considering this Animal Kingdom land.

If the new Indy is good, then I think it has a shot at Top Gun: Maverick numbers which Disney would be psyched about.

I think refusal to actually expand is another huge problem. I remember seeing a picture of the expansion pads Animal Kingdom has & it's A LOT; it's so stupid that they want to replace all of this stuff instead of just building new stuff & actually increase capacity.

This is why I stated not likely.
It is possible, but very doubtful you will see Indy get Top Gun Maverik Numbers. (not that it has to)
If the series is that big of a hit, and we get sequels, I think the attraction(s) and future films will be featuring "the daughter in law" not Indy.

And by the time we get any attractions if they are that big of a hit will not be much to do with original Indy either.

Disney likes the hit enough to stay relevant finances of this one. The synergy of the parks is if it is relevant unless as you said, it is some smash hit, particularly when it is not represented already.

I don't think Indy 5 will be anything close to a failure, but I don't see it being over Marvel's tops, Mario and likely not even surpass Rise of the Beasts.

Here is to hoping it leads to something to wake up the stagnance in the parks.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

The Rafiki thing is such a gigantic waste....and the train ride to a distant "land" could be utilized in a much better way...that whole thing is ripe for redevelopment...Now if only the train went around the whole park.....or of there was a boat transport....hmmmmm
I have to disagree with that. Planet Watch isn't some showstopper, but it's fun & relaxing little area. It's a nice getaway from the rest of the park. I love the Animation Experience & the petting zoo. The last time I went, they had a little show where the cast members talked about one of the sheep they had. It was so charming & fun.
I don't think either fits Animal Kingdom. I know it sounds crazy, but I'd rather they just add rides to Dinoland. A big Wooden Rollercoaster, a Ferris Wheel and a Drop Ride.
I think they should get rid of the carnival crap & retheme it to something more appealing; give that area some trees!!!

I think another "Dino Institute" time travel ride could be cool; but this time it'd be a calm boat ride through a prehistoric jungle, that way kids could get their dino fix without being scared on Dinosaur. Give the ride some really impressive animatronics & it'd be a hit.

Bocabear

I have to disagree with that. Planet Watch isn't some showstopper, but it's fun & relaxing little area. It's a nice getaway from the rest of the park. I love the Animation Experience & the petting zoo. The last time I went, they had a little show where the cast members talked about one of the sheep they had. It was so charming & fun.

I think they should get rid of the carnival crap & retheme it to something more appealing; give that area some trees!!!

I think another "Dino Institute" time travel ride could be cool; but this time it'd be a calm boat ride through a prehistoric jungle, that way kids could get their dino fix without being scared on Dinosaur. Give the ride some really impressive animatronics & it'd be a hit.
Don't they already have that in Pandora? lol I know, no Dinosaurs

MR.Dis

This is why I stated not likely.
It is possible, but very doubtful you will see Indy get Top Gun Maverik Numbers. (not that it has to)
If the series is that big of a hit, and we get sequels, I think the attraction(s) and future films will be featuring "the daughter in law" not Indy.

And by the time we get any attractions if they are that big of a hit will not be much to do with original Indy either.

Disney likes the hit enough to stay relevant finances of this one. The synergy of the parks is if it is relevant unless as you said, it is some smash hit, particularly when it is not represented already.

I don't think Indy 5 will be anything close to a failure, but I don't see it being over Marvel's tops, Mario and likely not even surpass Rise of the Beasts.

Here is to hoping it leads to something to wake up the stagnance in the parks.
Since this is the last Indy with Harrison Ford, I think there will not be future Park attractions. I have read some things on line that indicate Disney believes this movie is a real stinker (these were rumors so take it with a grain of salt).

celluloid

Since this is the last Indy with Harrison Ford, I think there will not be future Park attractions. I have read some things on line that indicate Disney believes this movie is a real stinker (these were rumors so take it with a grain of salt).

It is certainly not tracking the strongest and competition is good around ita release.

SpectreJordan

Don't they already have that in Pandora? lol I know, no Dinosaurs
Fair. But I imagine there's ways to diversify it enough for a Dinosaur setting. The ride concept works really well for Animal Kingdom. Maybe have some more action & some small drops like Pirates.
Don't believe what Ragebait YouTubers crap out. The movie is premiering at Cannes Film Festival about a month before it releases. That doesn't necessarily mean it's good, but it at least shows that Disney has confidence in it.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Ugh, if this happens I hope the ride would be based on the animated version. A live action Moana is sure to be as soulless as the other live action Disney remakes.
But a live action art style would be more aesthetically complimentary to DAK.

I'd still prefer we kept dinosaurs so just making the best out of a bad situation.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
“Wow! You know what we really need? We need a live action version of Moana!”… said no one ever. I love Moana, but what would the purpose of a live action remake be? If this is what they got, their creative bankruptcy problem is worse than I thought
I am largely in an agreement on the non-stop live-action remakes. I think some of them are fun and make sense - the real classics at least. I do wish they were higher quality. The only one I've really enjoyed is Cinderella.

But when it comes to Moana; creating it now with The Rock and, I really hope, Auli‘i Cravalho cast in the roles they originated would be exciting.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
From the concept art, only the tacky Dinorama section of DinoLand is looking to be replaced with a mini Moana land. I doubt they would fit a log flume/boat ride in the area as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom