News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

KingMickey13

From the concept art, only the tacky Dinorama section of DinoLand is looking to be replaced with a mini Moana land. I doubt they would fit a log flume/boat ride in the area as well.
In the concert art you can clearly see the log flume area…
40F24D28-6732-4A25-9326-46D2E104F91B.jpeg

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
In the concert art you can clearly see the log flume area…
View attachment 708435
It still would probably be as expensive to build as Splash Mountain.

Look, it’s becoming clear from today’s meeting that Bob Iger has gone crazy and should be ousted sooner than 2024, giving the Disney company to Dana Walden and Alan Bergman, who would probably be more creative than Iger.

KingMickey13

It still would probably be as expensive to build as Splash Mountain.

Look, it’s becoming clear from today’s meeting that Bob Iger has gone crazy and should be ousted sooner than 2024, giving the Disney company to Dana Walden and Alan Bergman, who would probably be more creative than Iger.
That’s nice that you think that (and I agree Igor isn’t creative). But there is absolutely no reason to think he’ll leave before 2024. People said the same thing about him in the 2010s.

And it seems smaller than splash mountain.

Ghost93

There’s a difference between being creatively bankrupt and remaking movies and doing sequels to make a quick Buck. For every Live action remake there is a brand new animated film.
THat's the thing though, I don't feel a live action Moana would be nearly as profitable now as it would be if they waited another 15-20 years. If a life action Moana came out in 2041, 25 years after the original, you'd get the kids who grew up with the original seeing it for nostalgic reasons taking their children to see it. But since Moana is only 7 years old, there is no nostalgia to profit off of.

I think at this point a Moana sequel would be way more successful than a live action remake.

BlakeW39

Iger: we're putting creativity and storytelling at the forefront of our brand.

Also Iger: we're clearly creatively bankrupt, Let's do a live-action Moana movie!

Lol, the former has always cracked me up. Disney refuses to let creatives make new things, constantly relying on established brands and franchises, but then Iger goes around touting that he wants power in the hands of creatives. What creatives??? There are none 🤣

I've called it before but the day is coming when Disney will face consequences for this kind of mindset.

doctornick

Lol, the former has always cracked me up. Disney refuses to let creatives make new things, constantly relying on established brands and franchises, but then Iger goes around touting that he wants power in the hands of creatives. What creatives??? There are none 🤣

I've called it before but the day is coming when Disney will face consequences for this kind of mindset.
Eh, they’ve been doing quite a bit of brand new ideas with animated films - Strange World, Turning Red, Raya, Encanto, Soul, Luca have all come out just since the pandemic began. Elemental is on the way. Wish and Lightyear have elements of other films but are new ideas.

It’s true that for live action Disney, they have bailed on new ideas but that’s because they have been awful at trying. At some point they simply determined they weren’t successful at it and it was just wasting money.

Cmdr_Crimson

Eh, they’ve been doing quite a bit of brand new ideas with animated films - Strange World, Turning Red, Raya, Encanto, Soul, Luca have all come out just since the pandemic began. Elemental is on the way. Wish and Lightyear have elements of other films but are new ideas.

It’s true that for live action Disney, they have bailed on new ideas but that’s because they have been awful at trying. At some point they simply determined they weren’t successful at it and it was just wasting money.
I'd rather see a gritty reboot of Meet The Deedles instead..I do miss the days when Disney would toss out comedy films just for unnecessary beer money that didn't star the clab trab Disney Channel flavors of the month..

celluloid

I'd rather see a gritty reboot of Meet The Deedles instead..I do miss the days when Disney would toss out comedy films just for unnecessary beer money that didn't star the clab trab Disney Channel flavors of the month..

We were lucky to get Heavyweights and Rocketman. Some of the most underrated family comedies of all time. Highlights of 90s Disney family comedy for me.

Cmdr_Crimson

We were lucky to get Heavyweights and Rocketman. Some of the most underrated family comedies of all time. Highlights of 90s Disney family comedy for me.
For sure! And writer Craig Mazin of Rocketman, who has written Emmy award winning TV series of the last couple decades and recent hits Chernobyl and The Last of us.
Still hoping it comes to Disney+.. while I have the dvd...It would be great to have it on it and not cut or butchered especially this scene..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom